Problem with chainreactions

2»

Comments

• Broonster
    Broonster Posts: 440
    Whytepeak wrote:
    CRC don't rock in any way,

a week late, a package arrives, but half the stuff I ordered is 'cancelled' on the form, so that'll be another two weeks to re-order stuff.

All opinions based on personal experiences I guess mate.

Personally, I've spent hundreds of pounds at CRC, over the course of the past couple of years. NEVER had a problem with them and the delivery is ALWAYS prompt for me.
    Winter: Moda Nocturne
    Road: Cervelo R3
    'Cross: Ridley X-Night
    Commuter: Genesis Day One
  • Whytepeak
    Whytepeak Posts: 2,616
    Broonster wrote:
    Whytepeak wrote:
    CRC don't rock in any way,

a week late, a package arrives, but half the stuff I ordered is 'cancelled' on the form, so that'll be another two weeks to re-order stuff.

All opinions based on personal experiences I guess mate.

Personally, I've spent hundreds of pounds at CRC, over the course of the past couple of years. NEVER had a problem with them and the delivery is ALWAYS prompt for me.

They are only fulfilling their promises, and delivering (or not) the service advertised, that is the bare minimum they could be expected to do.

I order most things on the internet, and have never had a problem with CRC in the past, and I accept the long postage time. After having helped to push 5 cars (two of them post vans) out of the snow today during my ride, I understand the problem.

But its the lack of contact that they have had with me, just dropping me an e-mail to say that they would be unable to sell me some of the stuff I ordered, rather than just putting 'cancelled' on the invoice.
    Now that we are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak and not to please ourselves. ROMANS 15:1
  • wordnumb
    wordnumb Posts: 847
    I destroyed my hardtail's rear wheel on xmas day ice. Ordered a custom jobbie from CRC which arrived Monday. Fitted it Tuesday. Six hours riding in foot deep snow Wednesday.

I like CRC.
  • bamba
    bamba Posts: 856
    And some how they still manage to make things even worse an 7uck things right up for me.
    the order was purchased using vouchers an a top up of £6 by my self, the gloves that prevoiusly got cancelled (see earlier posts)and then found have now been charged for at full price to my card, not happy in the slightest bit, chainreactions are usless 7uckking 8asterd w anchors, pi55ed off that i cant speak to them until monday,they are so going to get it.
    if any one from chainreactions reads this , please feel free to defend your selves,
    please use alternative supplyers for your bike bits, please dont chain unreactions
  • Bamba - that's well out of order. No need for insults like that.
  • gregsd
    gregsd Posts: 328
    bamba wrote:
    ....please use alternative supplyers for your bike bits, please dont chain unreactions

Never had a problem with them myself, so I'll continue to use them.
  • wordnumb
    wordnumb Posts: 847
    I know it's nippy out, but that's quite a paddy to throw over a pair of gloves.
  • MarkDon
    MarkDon Posts: 200
    I'm still waiting on some bits from sunsetmtb, ordered on 28th Dec, going to give them a ring Monday. Always better to talk to someone, rather than shout at no one on the net.
    2009 Kona Blast Deluxe - W.I.P Started...
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... t=12693279
  • dwill
    dwill Posts: 150
    still waiting since the 28th for parts from both merlin and evans so its not just crc who are having problems
  • bamba
    wordnumb wrote:
    I know it's nippy out, but that's quite a paddy to throw over a pair of gloves.
    i was using vouchers i got for my birthday to pay for all the items, so to end up getting charged for them instead of being taken from the vouchers anoys me quiet a lot, on top of all the other screw ups
  • bamba
    UPDATE,have managed to get all of my refunds credited back from the prevoius screw ups they made, the front light that arrived faulty on the 7th of jan was sent back and another one promptly sent out a few days latter, this light is also faulty , as in it will not work,
    sent another email back detailing all of the screw ups made by chainreactions durring my order on the 14th of jan, and still no reply
  • bamba
    Arrrrrgggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !

how can crc mess me about sooooooo much, it just gets worse and worse,just when i think its really screwed up crc pull out all the stops to do it some more,
    the dark peak riding book which was out of stock on the order date 30/12/09 is now no longer available,why has it taken them 3 weeks for them to find this out,
  • Maybe the supplier had not been telling them up to date information or had been trying to source more of them.
  • bamba
    could be , but on top of everything else they have done wrong so far with my order, only 3 out of the six parts i ordered managed to arrive without some kind of screw up by chain reactions
  • bamba wrote:
    could be , but on top of everything else they have done wrong so far with my order, only 3 out of the six parts i ordered managed to arrive without some kind of screw up by chain reactions

Maybe you should never use them again?
  • bamba
    dont think i will to be honest,unless when they finaly contact me they can pull some thing out the bag to resolve the situation.
    got some reveiws to leave on there site :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
  • If you want stuff quick go to your lbs, they probably need your business. You know you'll be sorry when they've gone out of business and you need a spoke replacing.
  • bamba
    This was my first order with CRC, which took over 2 months to finally resolve and sort out,
    with consistanly bad service, wrong or faulty parts and incorrect charges to my self.
    by means of apology they sent me a measly £5 voucher which i attempted to spend on some brake pads last week, which proved to be equally as difficult as for some reason it would not take my order, after 15min on the phone and still a problem i brought the pads from my usual place , SUPERSTAR,
    Another attempt was made with the voucher was made monday for a chain splitter and a pack of 3 powerlinks.
    No suprises that CRC have pulled out all the stops to pi55 me of again by sending only 1 powerlink yet still charging me for 3. :x
    I HATE CRC
  • delcol
    delcol Posts: 2,848
    i always had good service off crc, even when i ordered the wrong headset for my pace build which was totally my fault they sorted it,, granted they did charge me for the part even though i had cancelled it, and did not send the part but i did get my money back that same day....
    contacting them can be a chore..
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    You sure you guys are on about the same CRC?

I've ordered oodles of stuff for ages and never had a delivery issue, never had problems contacting them, never had problems exchanging or returning and never had any problems with refunds.

Cant fault CRC service one bit.... gone and jinxed it now haven't I.