Problem with chainreactions

bamba
bamba Posts: 856
edited March 2010 in MTB general
been trying to spend my birthday voucher from chain reactions since last night, evey time i confirm an order all i get is unable to process at the moment please try again latter,

is any one else having troble or just me, sent them an e mail this morning but no response an there phone number is i ans phone,
bit dissapointed :(

Comments

• captainfly
    captainfly Posts: 1,001
    They are probably busy or there is a mercent software issue somewhere, if you are desperate give them a phonecall they are open until nine :wink: Though don't hold you breathe waiting for it to arrive my last order took a week to get here.
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
    Mongoose Teocali
    Giant STP0

Why are MTB economics; spend twice as much as you intended, but only half as much as you wish you could afford? :roll:
  • bamba
    there phone line was just a recorded message saying basically there not going to ans it,
    just as well really cos since heard ive got some more vouchers on there way to me, :lol: prob leave it til after new year now
  • bregante
    bregante Posts: 271
    Are you trying to spend all, or just some of the value of the gift voucher? You have to spend ALL of the voucher as I found out recently and struggled to use it.
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    They are mega busy. I only just received my Xmas card from them.
  • bamba
    I see, the voucher was for £50 and i had an order for £49.97 ,i wondered wht they still wanted payment details for a sum of zero, got a email of them today which explained 4uck all, i just sais they need some payment details if the order was over the value of the voucher, which it was not.
    but if what you say is correct then it has to be £50 on the nail or over , bit of a con i think
  • bamba
    emailed back again today ,bregante is correct, you have to spend above the value of the voucher, which seams bit of a con when you have received it as a gift,
    oh well , im sure i can sort it so its a few pence over,
    chainreactions on fire , my @rse
  • biff55
    biff55 Posts: 1,404
    bamba wrote:
    emailed back again today ,bregante is correct, you have to spend above the value of the voucher, which seams bit of a con when you have received it as a gift,
    oh well , im sure i can sort it so its a few pence over,
    chainreactions on fire , my @rse

play them at their own game and order the cheapest part they stock to get order over £50
    then return said part and ask for a credit note.
    :D
  • bamba
    And it gets worse, placed my order on the 30th of dec' with an extra £10 voucher i received.
    one of my items was out of stock,it was only a book so was not too fussed as they would send it when back in stock, i sent them a email just to check that they would send the rest of the order on, to which i had no response.
    Another email sent last night to see what was going on as my order was still shown as being processed.
    By chance this morning got a email from crc say part of my order had been sent.
    After checking online i found the winter gloves had been cancelled,with no reason
    Really pi55ed off now .
    Two phone calls latter,and the said gloves they prevoiusly said they could not find in there location some how with a bit more effort was found , w anchors .
    Hopefully all winging its way to me, as we speak.
    Bit of a rant, i no.
    dont think i will use chain reations again
  • weeksy59
    weeksy59 Posts: 2,606
    I'm still waiting for my Xmas presents to be processed by them.

Order value was £30. Xmas vouchers was £30.

I've just mailed them.
  • scale20
    scale20 Posts: 1,300
    I spoke to them yesterday, we put an order in for a frame and other things between xmas and new year and no sign of it.

The guy on the phone said they have been mental there and only yesterday managed to catch up with the backlog of orders.
    Niner Air 9 Rigid
    Whyte 129S 29er.
  • weeksy59
    fair enough, mine doesn't worry me as such, i don't 'need' the items...

would be nice though
  • bamba
    finally got my stuff this morning , minus the dark peak guide book, currently out of stock.
    took them a week for them to tell me a pair of gloves had been cancelled because they could not find them, however after a phone call they was able to find them in about half an hour.
    all good then , no the led front light with batteries fitted does not work, an not got a screw driver small enough to open it up yet, arrggghh :x
  • I've ordered twice with them since new year, both parts have arrived in two working days. Not bad considering the weather.
  • llamafarmer
    llamafarmer Posts: 1,893
    I also ordered between Christmas and new year and got my bits within 2 days. CRC are normally excellent.

Always phone if you want a quick response, I know if I'm busy at work emails are easy to ignore, but when a customer's on the phone chasing you it's a lot harder to put it off!
  • solsurf
    solsurf Posts: 489
    Ordered on the morning of the 30th Still awaiting a delivery for stuff for over £100 been on the van for delivery for 4 days and I waited around Monday and Tuesday no delivery. I ask nicely for them to change the address to my work address at first told it was not possible but now it is.
    Still no delivery and all they keep telling me is how good Parcel Farce is! I've had 2 other deliveries this week and the Postman hasn't missed a day.

Serves me right for trying to buy non cycle stuff (snowboard bag) :wink:
  • weeksy59
    I'm still waiting from the 28th as they were waiting for my bank transfer.

What bank trnasfer i don't know.

I paid with Xmas vouchers.
  • llamafarmer
    llamafarmer Posts: 1,893
    If it's left CRC and is with Parcel Force, ask for a tracking code and follow it up yourself with PF.
  • They have processed and delivered my christmas spending spree.

The only problem with the vouchers are that some of the staff cant write letters properly so the code dosent work.....what a stooopid system - hand written 15(?) letter codes....that get smudged etc etc :shock:

Other than that...they`ve done me proud.

Still liking Wiggle the best though 8)
    Santa Cruz Heckler 2006
  • Whytepeak
    Whytepeak Posts: 2,616
    prowbiker

north manchester ay? - theres still hope :lol:

bloody parcelforce taking it easy :roll:
    Now that we are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak and not to please ourselves. ROMANS 15:1
  • Saw a UPS man in shorts today :D:lol:

Hardcore delivery service!
  • scale20
    Ordered a frame and bits from CRC on the 5th and it was on it's way with parcel Force 48hr. No sign of it today so traked it on the website, turns out it was sat in the local Parcel force depot so we went to get it. 100 mile round trip.

Dealt with the manager there at the time of picking it up and the issue they had was that over half the drivers failed to turn up for work blaming the weather. Personally I think a lot of people are using this weather an excuse for time off work and in this case it had knock on effects.

Other things that I have ordered over the past few days from CRC have turned up next day with Royal Mail.
    Niner Air 9 Rigid
    Whyte 129S 29er.
  • Whytepeak
    scale20

I ordered 9 days ago, and no sign of it yet, hardly a two day service :roll: - how do you aquire a tracking code anyway?
    Now that we are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak and not to please ourselves. ROMANS 15:1
  • scale20
    You should have been given a tracking number by CRC when you got your complete email. Go onto Parcel forces website and track the parcel using the number. Thats providing it's parcel force your orders coming with?
    Niner Air 9 Rigid
    Whyte 129S 29er.
  • Whytepeak
    Oh yes - good shout scale20, I'll see where it is...
  • weeksy59
    Bit of a nightmare, but we got there in the end.

Was confusion with payment type which has now been resolved.

Sadly the shorts were out of stock now that i'd ordered 10 days ago LOL.

They reduced the cost of a different pair by a couple of quid for me.

Not the best CRC transaction ever, but not the worst i could have had. They're still my prefered supplier.
  • loltoride
    loltoride Posts: 460
    To be truthful deliveries at the moment are a nightmare with any company with the current weather, we’ve not even had our bins collected this week.
    So Far!
  • mozzy10
    mozzy10 Posts: 179
    My girlfriend ordered a DVD for xmas for me on the 18th........... still not here.

I contacted chain reaction last week and they said if it didn't turn up by Monday they would send a replacement. Since then I have emailed 5 times to get them to send a replacement with no reply.

Disappointing.
    It\'s not your aptitude but your attitude that determins your altitude
  • MarkDon
    MarkDon Posts: 200
    They have had problems with the email system & they have a massive backlog of mails to get through.
    2009 Kona Blast Deluxe - W.I.P Started...
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... t=12693279
  • Broonster
    Broonster Posts: 440
    Mega impressed with CRC. Ordered a new set of X9 shifters on Wednesday night, order processed yesterday and arrived at my door first thing this morning.

CRC rock! :D
    Winter: Moda Nocturne
    Road: Cervelo R3
    'Cross: Ridley X-Night
    Commuter: Genesis Day One
  • Whytepeak
    CRC don't rock in any way,

a week late, a package arrives, but half the stuff I ordered is 'cancelled' on the form, so that'll be another two weeks to re-order stuff.