Tacx Antares Professional Training Rollers

markybhoy67
markybhoy67 Posts: 346
Hi, I am thinking of buying the above so that I can get some cycling done during the winter as I will not be able to get out much in east kilbride (we can get snow during the summer here :lol: )

Anyway, I have a hybrid with 26 inch wheels with schwalbe marathon supreme tyres (sort of slicks) Would the bike wheels fit a roller, or is a roller set up for 700 wheels? Can you adjust the fit on the roller to accommodate both sizes?

Also are the schwalbe tyres ok for a roller or would I need proper slicks or turbo trainer tyres on the back and front of the bike?

Thanks

Mark

Comments

• jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Hi, I am thinking of buying the above so that I can get some cycling done during the winter as I will not be able to get out much in east kilbride (we can get snow during the summer here :lol: )

Anyway, I have a hybrid with 26 inch wheels with schwalbe marathon supreme tyres (sort of slicks) Would the bike wheels fit a roller, or is a roller set up for 700 wheels? Can you adjust the fit on the roller to accommodate both sizes?

Also are the schwalbe tyres ok for a roller or would I need proper slicks or turbo trainer tyres on the back and front of the bike?

Thanks

Mark
    I've got some. You can't adjust the spacing between the rear two rollers but they'll be fine. The wheelbase is fully adjustable. Position the axle of the front roller so it's about an inch in front of where your front wheel axle will sit. Oh, and at first position between a doorframe so you can catch any major wobbles ;)
    The smoother the tyre the better in terms of ride quality...

Enjoy
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • Hrun
    Hrun Posts: 116
    Having umm'd for months I have just ordered these from wiggle. If you order before midnight you can get an extra 20% off which takes them to £99.99

This finally swung the deal for me ;)
    A biking runner :)
  • Cheers for the replies.

Yeah, I think I would need to start in a door frame, just one question regarding my wheel size, would this sit lower in the back of the roller as it will be smaller than the 700 wheel, if so is it a noticeable difference.

Yeah, I was going to order from wiggle, if you refer someone to buy the rollers you also get 10% of the order value as a voucher :wink:

So they would cost you £100 but you then get a £10 voucher to play with.

Thanks again 8)
  • just to second that - yes you can change them to fit a 26. But yes, slick tyres definitely a good idea :)
    Doorframe/table etc a really good idea - but give it a few weeks and you'll be riding them no-handed :) I've yet to master the 'bunny hopping on and off the rollers' trick, but it can't be long (hopefully!)
  • just to second that - yes you can change them to fit a 26. But yes, slick tyres definitely a good idea :)
    Doorframe/table etc a really good idea - but give it a few weeks and you'll be riding them no-handed :) I've yet to master the 'bunny hopping on and off the rollers' trick, but it can't be long (hopefully!)

Bunny hops :shock:

I have looked at a few videos on you tube, some excellent tricks and control on the rollers, also some very uncool dismounts :lol:

My balance is quite good so I think I should be ok once I get used to the rollers.

Cheers
  • Just got the go ahead from the wife to order :D

A last minute Christmas present is how I sold it to her :lol:

Just need to find a harness now :?