person or people to ride with south birmingham area (mtb)

13»

Comments

• stumpym4
    stumpym4 Posts: 216
    Are people still going even with the snow ??? :(
    Dont mind comin over as long as other peeps turn up !!
    otherwise i`ll have a lazy day !!
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    On One 853 single speed
    Pinnacle Arkose 2 - cross bike
    Pinnacle Ramin 3 plus - Bike packing bike
    Cube attain GTC Pro road bike - more relaxed road bike
    Giant scr1 road bike
  • Mornin all. The snow is pretty thick over my way (great barr) so sutton is going to be much the same, i'm thinking of having a lazy day and going some other time.
  • stumpym4
    Ive decided not too ride today and have a lazy one ..... dont mind riding in the snow , just dont fancy smashing my car up on the way up there !!

Tony
    On One 853 single speed
    Giant scr1 road bike
  • phoebian
    phoebian Posts: 497
    Hhm, back to sleep it is then. Another time guys!
  • any1 doing any local (south birmingham) riding this wknd, havnt been out much lately (injuries etc..) wudnt mind a few miles in the sun if any1 is up for it? 8)
    CUBE ltd 2012,reba sl, XT, saint, DMR, spank, current xc/am ride

GIANT boulder, marzzochi EXR, LX/alivio, DMR, spank, retro build
  • stumpym4
    I'm up Sutton on Sunday .. 9.ish from banners gate ..
    Still haven't rode my Titus so need to try it out

Tony
    On One 853 single speed
    Giant scr1 road bike
  • stumpym4 wrote:

Tony

alrite tony how r u m8??

will let u know bout sunday may pop over for a ride see your new bike :wink:

• stumpym4
    stumpym4 wrote:

Tony

alrite tony how r u m8??

will let u know bout sunday may pop over for a ride see your new bike :wink:

New Bike :( ... its been a total pain in the arse !!! ... might be up for sale by next week
    On One 853 single speed
    Giant scr1 road bike
  • oh dear that dont sound good even before its maiden voyage lol

• just got back into riding so not overly fit just looking 4 people to ride with in the south birmingham area xc, dh freeride woteva dont mind?? :lol:

Hi, i'm back after a winter of knee busting winter sports, hope to be out quite alot, i live in bromsgrove, work in wolverhampton, ride cannock/wyre/clent/licky's and lookin for more. I was out today with a lass off the wyre thread, we both have time on fridays, give us a shout.
    Would def reccomend the wyre, cannock is good but mad busy at the weekend especially if the weather is good
    J
  • sassysarah
    sassysarah Posts: 421
    There a ride in the Wyre tomorrow if you want to come...1pm Sunday meeting at the Duke
    Biking whore of Wyre....rides with anyone!
  • Tomorrow might be a walk 4 me, woke to find a very swollen thumb & lots of purple shades, thinks me dislocated it!!!!! Aiming for another gentle one next friday, no tree bashing though!!!!!!! They keep winning.
  • stumpym4
    sassysarah wrote:
    There a ride in the Wyre tomorrow if you want to come...1pm Sunday meeting at the Duke
    Thanks for the offer , but i need to be home by 12 ish , so need to stay local ....
    1pm start seems quite late to me ? ....... i like to get to the wyre for 9 if im driving over there .... maybe another time

Cheers Tony
    On One 853 single speed
    Giant scr1 road bike
  • stumpym4
    Had a good couple of hours at sutton park , weather was good and so was the new bike !!

Tony
    On One 853 single speed
    Giant scr1 road bike
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    you are more than welcome to join the HOMBRES. we are the Hung-Over Mountain Bikers Recreational Entertainment Society. Just a bunch of regular joes that like to ride mountain bikes, we are all of mixed ability, some newbies, some better and we have a group ride roughly every 3 or 4 weeks, dates tend to vary. We embrace the fun, social element of riding, theres no personal bests or anything like that, its just a fun day out.

you can find us on facebook at http://groups.to/hombresmtb or we have the start of our website, which is being built up as we speak which is www.hombres.org.uk

We have one member already from the Solihull area, the majority of us are based in Wolverhampton
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • stumpym4
    gazderry wrote:
    you are more than welcome to join the HOMBRES. we are the Hung-Over Mountain Bikers Recreational Entertainment Society. Just a bunch of regular joes that like to ride mountain bikes, we are all of mixed ability, some newbies, some better and we have a group ride roughly every 3 or 4 weeks, dates tend to vary. We embrace the fun, social element of riding, theres no personal bests or anything like that, its just a fun day out.

you can find us on facebook at http://groups.to/hombresmtb or we have the start of our website, which is being built up as we speak which is www.hombres.org.uk

We have one member already from the Solihull area, the majority of us are based in Wolverhampton

Looks good , ill keep an eye on for rides on the forum , anything local i may meet up
    Tony
    On One 853 single speed
    Giant scr1 road bike
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    stumpym4 wrote:

Looks good , ill keep an eye on for rides on the forum , anything local i may meet up
    Tony

You'll always be welcome, If your on FB feel free to join too. no one is ever under any obligation to ride, if you come once, never, every ride thats fine, but the offer is always there
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • sorry all have had problems with my net and been busy planning my wedding :wink:

will check that FB page out later and sort some rides out 8)

tony: sorry didnt get bk to you bout sutton was very busy over the wknd.....

• ozrict
    ozrict Posts: 9
    im based in coventry and looking for some other riders to go cannock with, desperate to try out teh new monkey trail, anyone interested sun/mon this weekend or sometime in may.
  • ozrict
    ozrict Posts: 9
    im based in coventry and looking for some other riders to go cannock with, desperate to try out teh new monkey trail, anyone interested sun/mon this weekend or sometime in may.
  • stumpym4
    Ozrict wrote:

Hi .. If your in cov , i can recommend these guys ..

http://www.godivatrailriders.org/

I'm in Birmingham , but have rode with them since they formed the club ... a really good bunch of lads
    Chap in charge is called martin ....... tell him stumpy sent you !!

Cheers Tony
    On One 853 single speed
    Giant scr1 road bike
  • major thread revival lol just getting back into biking after 2yrs had a little boy n just didnt have the time anyway bought a new bike 3wks ago and already bored of riding alone :( could do with a few ppl to ride with im quite unfit only managing 6/7 miles at the min but given a few stops reckon im good for 15 if there's no rush lol was planning on goin cannock satday (13/7) anyways if any1 has room for a slow fatty give me a shout

mike

• stumpym4
    Bloody hell , it is a thread revival ! ..... remember me mike ? .... i showed u around Sutton park :0 ... good to see ur back :)

Tony
    On One 853 single speed
    Giant scr1 road bike
  • Any update on this?
    people are like pens if they don't work shake em
  • sorry took soo long to reply to this thread messed my account up had to open another hence the change of name..

hi tony yeah i remeber sutton park :mrgreen: bought a better bike since then and been back in the saddle for around 6 months now vastly improved too..

still open to meet new people for rides around brum
  • L3BIUS
    L3BIUS Posts: 91
    Hey guys check this thread! viewtopic.php?f=10014&t=12952091
    The New Beast GT Aggressor 2013 project

The Old Beast GT Aggressor Hardtail 2011 Custom Spec

Places i want to visit:
    Gisburn Forest, Afan Forest, Holmbury Hill, Forest of Dean, Antur Stiniog, Fort William, Tweed Valley, Cwmcarn
  • AgentK88
    AgentK88 Posts: 6
    I live in Quinton, Birmingham and would love to join some people for a ride soon.

Happy to go to Cannock or somewhere similar especially now that the weather looks to be clearing up! :D