Biking and Guns

carlessbrit
carlessbrit Posts: 34
edited December 2009 in Commuting chat
Granted a rare opportunity to film without censorship at a gun show, this is perhaps the first film featuring gun experts giving direction for the bicyclist wanting to be 'packing heat'.
http://vimeo.com/8180105
http://carlessbrit.tumblr.com/
carless for 6 months as an experiment - started a year ago - now carlessness seems the norm

Comments

• Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    Granted a rare opportunity to film without censorship at a gun show, this is perhaps the first film featuring gun experts giving direction for the bicyclist wanting to be 'packing heat'.

Very interested in this for my commutes down Maryhill Road.....
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    Thats totally brilliant!!

I see no issues at all with carrying a firearm for cycle commuting...... :shock:
  • wgwarburton
    wgwarburton Posts: 1,863
    gtvlusso wrote:

I see no issues at all with carrying a firearm for cycle commuting...... :shock:

Are you mad? Have you seen what those things weigh?

:-)

Cheers,
    W.
  • iain_j
    iain_j Posts: 1,941
    Do they make carbon fibre guns?
  • _Brun_
    _Brun_ Posts: 1,740
    iain_j wrote:
    Do they make carbon fibre guns?
    Composite firearms are ideal for getting through airport security.
  • iain_j
    Thanks, I'll remember that :P
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso wrote:

Cheers,
    W.

Lightweight Nylon composites.....! Old school steel shooters were heavy - latest issue Glocks are carbon fibre and nylon/plastic and so on are very light....
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    gtvlusso wrote:
    gtvlusso wrote:

Cheers,
    W.

Lightweight Nylon composites.....! Old school steel shooters were heavy - latest issue Glocks are carbon fibre and nylon/plastic and so on are very light....

Aren't bullets still lead though? Lead is heavy, Ti bullets anyone?
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • Wallace1492

You pack heat on a bike, the cops will just pack more heat. Know what I'm saying?

sniper_bike.jpg
  • gtvlusso
    Ammunition often outweighs the weapon itself......

I don't think there is lead in any ammunition now, but it is certainly not light.

However, 2 clips at 16 rounds a clip should give you plenty of scope to claer your path on your daily commute......
  • The Glock pistol is light for a handgun but still unwieldy. Firing a handgun accurately is surprisingly difficult too, even more so at speed. Its not like the films.

Perhaps a derringer for the occasional duel would be more appropriate.

Personally I would opt for the H&K G3 with optional stem mount. The recoil on such a cannon and the 5+ Kg weight may just lose you your job for being habitually late.
    This is of course assuming you haven't already attracted the attention of the rozzers with your newly acquired super perforator.
    God made the Earth. The Dutch made The Netherlands

FCN 11/12 - Ocasional beardy
  • gtvlusso
    Limburger wrote:
    The Glock pistol is light for a handgun but still unwieldy. Firing a handgun accurately is surprisingly difficult too, even more so at speed. Its not like the films.

Perhaps a derringer for the occasional duel would be more appropriate.

Personally I would opt for the H&K G3 with optional stem mount. The recoil on such a cannon and the 5+ Kg weight may just lose you your job for being habitually late.
    This is of course assuming you haven't already attracted the attention of the rozzers with your newly acquired super perforator.

Its a good point - When you fire a gun, you can only move in slow motion......otherwise it is not cool.
  • FeynmanC
    FeynmanC Posts: 649
    You're not thinking straight - you want a frame mounted gattling gun, linked to helmet motion detectors so it points where you are looking.

Plus some heat seaking rockets in the panniers - the exhaust from the a&&hole that just cut you up should provide just the kind of target they would find attractive.
    us0.png
  • joshtp
    joshtp Posts: 3,966
    i recon a air gun would be the ticket, its gonna be enough to stun, and its alot lighter..... also, you can recharge it with your co2 canisters...
    I like bikes and stuff
  • gtvlusso
    FeynmanC wrote:
    You're not thinking straight - you want a frame mounted gattling gun, linked to helmet motion detectors so it points where you are looking.

Plus some heat seaking rockets in the panniers - the exhaust from the a&&hole that just cut you up should provide just the kind of target they would find attractive.

Hmmm - Mini Guns have a quite a recoil, so you'd probably get blown backwards everytime you let a volley rip!

A10%2Bgun.jpg

I think an A10 tankbuster Warthog M61 Vulcan cannon is the way forward - apparently it severly restricts the aircrafts manouverability and forward motion when fired: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M61_Vulcan

Maybe a gadget of the year entrant?!?!
  • _Brun_
    I have an orbiting AC-130.

Fuel costs are a bit steep but it keeps weight off the bike.
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso wrote:
    FeynmanC wrote:

Hmmm - Mini Guns have a quite a recoil, so you'd probably get blown backwards everytime you let a volley rip!

A10%2Bgun.jpg

I think an A10 tankbuster Warthog M61 Vulcan cannon is the way forward - apparently it severly restricts the aircrafts manouverability and forward motion when fired: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M61_Vulcan

Maybe a gadget of the year entrant?!?!

I was wrong - it is the Avenger: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GAU-8_Avenger
  • _Brun_
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBXrogB8L08

Do NOT want to be on the receiving end.
  • gtvlusso
    Just watched some other video of Canadian forces in the middle east....war is awful and this weapon is horrendous.....very upset by the damage and destruction created by man against man in 2 seconds.

I feel quite upset...
  • Bikerbaboon
    Bikerbaboon Posts: 1,017
    gtvlusso wrote:
    Just watched some other video of Canadian forces in the middle east....war is awful and this weapon is horrendous.....very upset by the damage and destruction created by man against man in 2 seconds.

I feel quite upset...

is that because you cant have one on your comuter bike :wink:

war is not nice and there would be alot less of it if the MP's had to fight in them.
    Nothing in life can not be improved with either monkeys, pirates or ninjas
  • Wallace1492
    gtvlusso wrote:

I feel quite upset...

It really is bizarre, here we are on a tiny planet in an enormous universe, yet we spend countless billions on weapons of destruction against each other, while leaving countless millions to starve. We consider ourselves to be the most advanced species on the Planet, yet without doubt we have been the most destructive, both againt our own kind and against others, including the natural resources of the planet.

We have without doubt altered the balance of the planet, and will continue to do so, Copenhagen, Kyoto will not matter.

We will destroy ourselves, and will probably take a huge chunk of the Planets bio-diversity with us.

Oh yes, evelution has given us the perfect destroying machine - us!!
  • iain_j
    It really is bizarre, here we are on a tiny planet in an enormous universe, yet we spend countless billions on weapons of destruction against each other, while leaving countless millions to starve. We consider ourselves to be the most advanced species on the Planet, yet without doubt we have been the most destructive, both againt our own kind and against others, including the natural resources of the planet.

+1

Amen brother.
  • It really is bizarre, here we are on a tiny planet in an enormous universe, yet we spend countless billions on weapons of destruction against each other, while leaving countless millions to starve. We consider ourselves to be the most advanced species on the Planet, yet without doubt we have been the most destructive, both againt our own kind and against others, including the natural resources of the planet.

+1

We ain't as smart as we like to think we are.

Only a Pawn in their Game...
  • Wallace1492
    gtvlusso wrote:

I feel quite upset...

We have without doubt altered the balance of the planet, and will continue to do so, Copenhagen, Kyoto will not matter.

We will destroy ourselves, and will probably take a huge chunk of the Planets bio-diversity with us.

Forgot to add - Merry Xmas!! (when we celebrate the birth of someone that millions believe is the son of god, a big all poweful being that has somehow been responsible for creating out little tiny island in the cosmos, and for whose existence there is not one single shred of evidence, a forgiving, all powerful, compasionate entity that allows us to destroy ourselves and the planet)

Yes, we are a bizarre lot. No other species requires to have some all powerful "god". I believe it is because we cannot face the prospect that we are all alone, there is no more to it than what we see. Therefore lets destroy each other, but also beleive in god? Very, very bizarre!!!
  • gtvlusso wrote:

I feel quite upset...

Forgot to add - Merry Xmas!! (when we celebrate the birth of someone that millions believe is the son of god, a big all poweful being that has somehow been responsible for creating out little tiny island in the cosmos, and for whose existence there is not one single shred of evidence, a forgiving, all powerful, compasionate entity that allows us to destroy ourselves and the planet)

Yes, we are a bizarre lot. No other species requires to have some all powerful "god". I believe it is because we cannot face the prospect that we are all alone, there is no more to it than what we see. Therefore lets destroy each other, but also beleive in god? Very, very bizarre!!!

+1 for most of what you said except the bit in bold. This is a dangerous place to make such statements - there are people around here who will want evidence for that :D
  • Eau Rouge
    Eau Rouge Posts: 1,118
    war is not nice and there would be alot less of it if the MP's had to fight in them.

Look at the Napoleoinic War era Army and Navy (Sharpe and Aubrey/Maturin novels/films will do) and actually you find that when MP's and the aritocracy not only fought in wars, but went out of their way to buy and influence their way into commisions and ships, warfare was actually far more common than today.
    Money is what stops us fighting wars like we used to. The fact those fighting the wars no longer are the ones spending the money on those wars is why there is less of it :)
  • gtvlusso wrote:

Cheers,
    W.

Glock make a ceramic pistol that doesn't weight a lot. Besides, if it's on your person, it shouldn't affect the bike weight :) I'd love a handgun for shooting people who talk on the phone when they're driving. They wouldn't do it again :twisted:
    2010 Lynskey R230
    2013 Yeti SB66
  • Bikerbaboon
    Bikerbaboon Posts: 1,017
    Eau Rouge wrote:

Look at the Napoleoinic War era Army and Navy (Sharpe and Aubrey/Maturin novels/films will do) and actually you find that when MP's and the aritocracy not only fought in wars, but went out of their way to buy and influence their way into commisions and ships, warfare was actually far more common than today.
    Money is what stops us fighting wars like we used to. The fact those fighting the wars no longer are the ones spending the money on those wars is why there is less of it :)

i dont know number of people killed in the last 100 years of war compaired to the napoleoinic wars. The world has not know 1 year of peace so to say was is no longer common is tosh.
    Nothing in life can not be improved with either monkeys, pirates or ninjas
  • turnerjohn
    turnerjohn Posts: 1,069
    think the term "peace through superior Firepower" springs to mind !
  • turnerjohn wrote:
    think the term "peace through superior Firepower" springs to mind !

Sounds appropriate - 'who has the bigger stick' is also a good one :-)
    2010 Lynskey R230
    2013 Yeti SB66