My Boardman should be arriving tomorrow!!

2»

Comments

• Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    Moonio - why don't you try one of these - just as good but more elegant and lighter

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/Selle ... 360034122/

Women always think their a*rse is bigger than it really is - FACT
  • moonio
    moonio Posts: 802
    It sure is pretty, but at £70 :shock:
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    You trying to say Harry isn't worth the expense? Shocking :shock:

Regard it as a longterm investment........... 8)
  • Jay dubbleU
    moonio wrote:
    It sure is pretty, but at £70 :shock:

True but a comfy saddle is beyond price :wink:

Jenny is getting a Brookes when I can afford it - actually I might take the Brookes off Voodoo Chile and give it to Jenny
  • Jay dubbleU
    Scratch that - I've just seen the Selle Regal Vintage - perfect
  • moonio
    Harry update: I've not yet been able to do my full commute on Harry as although I thought I was getting fit on the e-bike...oh how wrong could I be, so I have been tackling the hills at the beginning of my commute then putting the bike on the train and cycling from Cannon Street to Grays Inn Road. I'm probably only doing 5miles per day, but am please to say that I can now get up the first hill without the threat of a cardiac arrest :)

Now, I am in two minds as to what to do with the e-bike, its great for days when I'll be too tired to commute on Harry and is also a good shopping bike as I can easily travel with 2 heavy panniers and a rucksack on it. However the brakes have never worked properly and I've spent a fortune maintaining them, plus the battery is dying and it may cost £500 for a new one. So I have an option to sell it and buy a scooter which would help with longer trips but it cant carry panniers and I'd need to adapt my front garden to store it, plus I may get lazy and use it for the commute instead of Harry.

Hmm what do you guys think?
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    Sell it then get another bike, add a trailer to it for shopping trips.
  • seataltea
    seataltea Posts: 594
    Which ebike is it ? Batteries are no problem Lead Acid and NiMH are cheap enough although Lithium can be pricey.

They still fetch a pretty penny second hand, I sold mine last August on Ebay, it had sat idle for months but had been a useful tool to get me back into exercise after spinal problems.

Try selling it here to start with

http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/classifieds/
    'nulla tenaci invia est via'
    FCN4
    Boardman HT Pro fully X0'd
    CUBE Peleton 2012
    Genesis Aether 20 all season commuter
  • moonio
    I'm going to put the e-bike up for sale after having it serviced, the new owner will just need to buy a new battery.

I asked the manufacturer if they would like to buy the bike back (as I'm aware they have done this in the past) and they accused me of trying to blackmail them....
    I am truly shocked and want no more to do with the company.

I'll be putting it up for sale on the pedelecs forum after its been serviced and am not going to buy a replacement.

Harry is all I need :)
  • moonio
    seataltea wrote:
    Which ebike is it ?

Its a Wisper 905se sport
  • NGale
    NGale Posts: 1,866
    Moonio - why don't you try one of these - just as good but more elegant and lighter

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/Selle ... 360034122/

Women always think their a*rse is bigger than it really is - FACT

70 quid! half of it's missing :shock:

I'll get me coat.... :lol:
    Officers don't run, it's undignified and panics the men
  • moonio
    Its a crotchless saddle :shock:
  • NGale
    NGale Posts: 1,866
    On the saddle front I have found my new Charge Spoon to be a lovely saddle and like many other females around these here parts I am of ample bottomage as well. :lol:

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/Charge_Spoon_Cromo_Rail_Saddle/5360029530/

The brown looks surprisingly good with a black framed bike like my Trek :)
    Officers don't run, it's undignified and panics the men
  • seataltea
    seataltea Posts: 594
    moonio wrote:
    seataltea wrote:
    Which ebike is it ?

Its a Wisper 905se sport

That's one of the best, they'll snap your hands off on the Pedelec forum. Wisper reps often pop in to advise owners and battery replacements are easy to come by.
    'nulla tenaci invia est via'
    FCN4
    Boardman HT Pro fully X0'd
    CUBE Peleton 2012
    Genesis Aether 20 all season commuter