My Boardman should be arriving tomorrow!!

moonio
moonio Posts: 802
edited January 2010 in Commuting chat
So excited!
The first thing I'm going to do is change the tyres to 32 Marathon Plus's, possibly add an adjustable stem, as it may take me a while to get used to the long top tube
I'll also steal a few bits from my old Hybrid ie the D-Lock (can these be cleaned? the lock keeps seizing up), the computer and a few other bits.

Lets hope the weather isnt too bad over the weekend.

Comments

• Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    Congratulations :D:D
  • moonio wrote:
    So excited!
    The first thing I'm going to do is change the tyres to 32 Marathon Plus's, possibly add an adjustable stem, as it may take me a while to get used to the long top tube
    I'll also steal a few bits from my old Hybrid ie the D-Lock (can these be cleaned? the lock keeps seizing up), the computer and a few other bits.

Lets hope the weather isnt too bad over the weekend.

My D-lock started seizing up a while ago but a squirt of WD40 seems to have done the trick.
    I think you're based somewhere near SE London - wave at me as you overtake me!
  • moonio
    Ok, what do you ride?
    I can normally be found charging along Evelyn Street at about 9.30 :lol:
  • Which Boardman are we talking about here?

Even if the D-lock cannot be unseized, always handy for SMIDSY situations, going on posts in recent weeks! :wink::lol:
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • moonio
    Well umm...its the hybrid comp

What is a SMIDSY?
  • Sorry mate I didn't see you (when a twunt driver causes a cyclist some distress) ;)

The Hybrid Comp is a nice bike, almost wish I bought one when they first came out, a work colleague's mate came round with his one... very nice for ~£350 (before the silly season bike price hikes).

Enjoy! :)
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • moonio
    Why the price hike from 350-500 ???? Shocking
  • Yep, shocking...

Remember about this time last year, when the forum members were raving about Specialized Tricross Singlecrosses for £275 from Pearsons in their sale?

I so regretted not jumping on the bandwagon, but at the time, I could not see the point in having more than one bike...

A year later, I was chuffed to be better late than never getting one for £350 in the Hargroves sale (where they still have 54cm and 56cm, btw)... And now have three (3) bikes!!! :lol:

2006 Felt F5C (£900, rrp £1300)
    2008 Saracen Pylon8 (£300, rrp £650)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Singlecross (£350, rrp £500)
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • moonio
    I should have listened to you guys!!! grrrrr

After waiting 2 weeks for my bike and phoning every other day to check on its progress I called today expecting my bike to be ready for collection, only to be told that there are none at the warehouse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAARRRRRRGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:
  • moonio
    the saga continues...I managed to order the same bike from Hellfrauds in Putney, then got a call from bikehut st pauls to say they have my bike, it was built last week and I can collect it at 4pm today..

:roll:
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    moonio wrote:
    I should have listened to you guys!!! grrrrr

After waiting 2 weeks for my bike and phoning every other day to check on its progress I called today expecting my bike to be ready for collection, only to be told that there are none at the warehouse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAARRRRRRGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Bizarre - I got my Team Carbon roadie, within 2 days....they even apologised for a 2 day delay! The team carbon ran out of stock instantly when it went on sale.
  • Cafewanda
    moonio wrote:
    the saga continues...I managed to order the same bike from Hellfrauds in Putney, then got a call from bikehut st pauls to say they have my bike, it was built last week and I can collect it at 4pm today..

:roll:

Divert to the 'peth to show us? :wink:
  • moonio
    hehe I would but I want to get the bike home asap...I have some hard riding planned for Saturday :)

Now that I have something other than my monstrosity of an electric bike, I should be able to make it to more meets etc, so YaY to that!

Now what shall I call him???
  • Aidy
    Aidy Posts: 2,015
    Where are the pictures? :)
  • Cafewanda
    Take your time re the name. It will come to you :D

Need to get my pics up too :?
  • Harry the Hybrid Comp! :lol:
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • moonio
    OMG! I was just thinking of Harry too!! :D
  • moonio
    HE IS HOME!!!!!!!!
    HURRAH!!!

I CANT STOP LOOKING AT HIM AND SMILING!!! :D
  • Cafewanda
    :D:D:D

I did the same with babygirl. Kept stroking her too.

Enjoy :lol:
  • moonio
    Just did a practice commute into work :)

It took about the same amount of time as my e-bike plus I had a strong headwind, xmas belly and haven't cycled for a month :)

Harry performed very well, he just glided along really :), my back ached a bit at the beginning but that went after about 20 mins. Now sitting at work with a cup of coffee feeling very pleased with myself 8)
  • Well done you! I bet that Harry feels a tad lighter than your robot bike :D
  • Cafewanda
    Nice one!

Did you have to work a full day? I'm not back at work til Wednesday.

I have to head over to Hackney tomorrow which would have been an ideal journey for Babygirl, except I don't want to have her out on the street for 2 hours, even with 3 locks or am I being over-protective? :oops: :)
  • moonio
    I think I need to change the saddle as its long thin and hard.
    Thinking of getting one of these

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/BioFl ... 360017509/
  • moonio wrote:

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Read this...

Saddles are a v personal thing, but step one is to get to a cyclesurgery or other shop that has a specialized sit bone width measurement thing, and find out how wide they are. Big bum does not necessarily mean wide sit bones (I'd know :P) nor vice versa.

The shop will recommend a saddle, I was very happy with my Sonoma, and am now on a Jett. Both specialized BG.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    moonio wrote:

That's bigger than the seat in my car :shock: prob weighs more too :shock:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Cafewanda
    Moonio, that's an impressive size but necessary for you? I agree with LiT's suggestion as I used Cyclesurgery's sitbones measuring thingy, with doubt, but it turned out to be better than what I was using at the time.
  • moonio
    I have a huge Jamaican arse! Ok will try to get to Cycle Surgery asap but in the meantime I've swapped the e-bike's suspension seat post and comfy saddle onto Harry.
    He doesn't look too happy about it though..
  • Cafewanda
    Poor Harry, not many days old and already he's being forced to wear hand-me-downs :shock:

Might I suggest lots of tlc til you get the saddle issue sorted? :wink::lol:
  • essexian
    essexian Posts: 187
    My "new" Boardman Hybrid should be arriving tomorrow: Currently tracking is progress from the seller to my home on Parcelforce..... only 450 miles away....

Yes, its second hand but accoding to the seller, its only done 10 miles before his wife fell off and said she wouldn't ride it again.

Looking forward to it as I set myself the reward of getting one when I had lost 30kg...okay, only lost 24kg but that's close enough! :D
  • Cafewanda
    essexian wrote:
    My "new" Boardman Hybrid should be arriving tomorrow: Currently tracking is progress from the seller to my home on Parcelforce..... only 450 miles away....

Yes, its second hand but accoding to the seller, its only done 10 miles before his wife fell off and said she wouldn't ride it again.

Looking forward to it as I set myself the reward of getting one when I had lost 30kg...okay, only lost 24kg but that's close enough! :D

Ain't that cheating? :lol: