Catching bugs and snuffles

Gazzaputt
Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
Had a server bronchial infection about 4 weeks back and had anti biotics to clear. Swine flu in July as well.

Stayed clear of the bike for two and half weeks whilst I had this.

Done a couple of easy rides nothing to strenuous at all.

Now caught another bug! Sore throat and awful back ache.

Anyone else here been suffering with all the bugs going around?

This year has been awful for me for picking up anything going. I do put part of it down to a new baby and a lack of sleep .

Comments

• jacster
    jacster Posts: 177
    Yep, have had all sorts of viruses since my little one started nursery!
    Take it easy, eat well and enjoy being a dad!
    :lol:
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    Ah yes the nursery snuffles! His nursery is like a bug factory.
  • Bill D
    Bill D Posts: 62
    Someone told me that our immune systems are less effective while we are exercising hard and for a few hours after each exercise session. Their advice was to try to avoid coming into contact with people immediately after hard riding, because that's when we're most susceptible to picking up a bug. Obviously, it's not going to be possible for many people to do that. Anyone else heard this?
  • Bill D wrote:
    Someone told me that our immune systems are less effective while we are exercising hard and for a few hours after each exercise session. Their advice was to try to avoid coming into contact with people immediately after hard riding, because that's when we're most susceptible to picking up a bug. Obviously, it's not going to be possible for many people to do that. Anyone else heard this?

I've heard that exercise suppresses the immune system as you say and the advice I was given was to stay out of contact with people for about 20 minutes after you finish.

As for the OP, I've had everything going in the last few months and I think I'm just starting with something else now....terrific!.
    'Hello to Jason Isaacs'
  • iain_j
    iain_j Posts: 1,941
    I've heard that exercise suppresses the immune system as you say and the advice I was given was to stay out of contact with people for about 20 minutes after you finish.

Not only that but heavy breathing through exercise will draw the bugs and viruses further down into your lungs.
  • suze
    suze Posts: 302
    Freshers flu

Common for anyone working at Universities.....student appear every new term coughing spluttering and generally spreading grems.... :roll:

�3 grand bike...30 Bob legs....Slowing with style
  • Ah yes the nursery snuffles! His nursery is like a bug factory.
    know that one well. £1200 per month for a few finger paintings and lots of viruses. Lovely.