Ricco

13»

Comments

• frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Either way, his team has the best kit in the Peloton with great bikes...going to make for some nice photos.

17560_1249936081847_1032810379_30807730_2828372_n.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • shinyhelmut
    shinyhelmut Posts: 1,364
    Either way, his team has the best kit in the Peloton with great bikes...going to make for some nice photos

I'd rather have a Trek personally
  • Either way, his team has the best kit in the Peloton with great bikes...going to make for some nice photos

There's no accounting for taste...

Andy
  • Apparently this is what is said:

Reporter : "What would you say to Ricardo Ricco?"
    Tankink: " I wouldn't say anything.....I would beat the shit out of him. I even punched him yesterday on the descent, because he was being a punk as always, so I'm happy I got the chance" "I don't understand why his teammates don't beat the shit out of him also since they had to leave the tour because of him"

Admirable candour if true!

Cav and any other rider have every right to be annoyed as the cut off for elimination is calculated on the winning time. A juiced win could potentially cause a rider to be eliminated through no fault of their own. Fair enough if you're eliminated due to missing the cut when it's worked out on a genuine time.
  • Either way, his team has the best kit in the Peloton with great bikes...going to make for some nice photos

There's no accounting for taste...

Andy

whats wrong with treks?
    ...the bicycle is the most efficient machine ever created: Converting calories into gas, a bicycle gets the equivalent of three thousand miles per gallon...
  • VinceEager wrote:
    whats wrong with treks?

Nothing much wrong with the bikes; that Bianchi is much much nicer though (IMHO), and even among large American bike companies, I'd rather have a Cannondale or Spesh.

Some of the (alleged) actions of Trek as a company leave a nasty taste, but these aren't relevant to the discussion at hand.

Andy
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    VinceEager wrote:
    whats wrong with treks?
    Nothing. But there's nothing wrong with a Vauxhall either.

Bit of a contrast to see Flaminia getting loads of publicity from Ricco. Last year they struggled to get recognised despite having the Italian champion on their team, Simeoni. There's a lesson there.
  • Ricco wants to be Pantani. He wants to be a star

How many sportsmen achieve true greatness by wanting to be somebody else?

Did Ayrton Senna arrive in Formula 1 wanting to be Emmerson Fittipaldi? Does Mark Cavendish want to be Eric Zabel? Does Bradley Wiggins want to be Tom Simpson?

Or do they want to find their own way and leave their own mark? He's not the real deal. He's not even a good fake. He's an imitation of a fake. I fully expect to see him shave all his hair off and have surgery to his ears to make them stick out more. It's only a matter of time before he too crashes a car by driving it the wrong way down a one way street, just to be more like his fallen idol.

I too hope he fails in his return, dramatically. More because of his lack of humility and remorse than anything else. I hope he comes back as a poor imitation of the imitation he was before, and is quietly discounted as a factor. I hope the stupidity and immaturity that he exhibits as his defining trait doesn't bring about the demise of a team, it's employees and another sponsor in the sport.
  • Nothing. But there's nothing wrong with a Vauxhall either.
    And Bianchi is sort of a Fiat, to be fair with the comparisons.
  • amochrie
    amochrie Posts: 73
    edited February 2010
    Thoughts on Ricco's Mrs getting caught for CERA?

And she's allegedly been breastfeeding just before the positive test. If indeed she is guilty of doping then she should get done for child abuse, for all she knows she could have killed the kid...jesus.

Saying that, as much as I would love to punch Ricco's rat like face in, I do for some bizarre reason hope he comes back, wins, and is hated by everyone in the peloton. He could become the pantomime villain. And he wouldn't care he's so far up his own arse!
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    not seen it mentioned in this thread but Ricco's girlfriend has been caught for CERA and she was breast feeding at the time.

Read as well that Ricco used to be a doper from his teens and juniour days and used to brag about it then. If that is true is entire career has been based on cheating and I can't really see that changing much
  • weird, look at the timing of mine and sherer's posts
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    amochrie wrote:
    weird, look at the timing of mine and sherer's posts

very spooky indeed.

Will check out the other thread wondered why it hadn't been mentioned here
  • TommyEss
    TommyEss Posts: 1,855
    Nothing. But there's nothing wrong with a Vauxhall either.
    And Bianchi is sort of a Fiat, to be fair with the comparisons.

Ahh, but Fiat owns Ferrari - so take that where you will...!
    Cannondale Synapse 105, Giant Defy 3, Giant Omnium, Giant Trance X2, EMC R1.0, Ridgeback Platinum, On One Il Pompino...