La Marmotte 2010 entries open 15 Dec2009

2»

Comments

• @itch,

no; if you have a racing licence, you do not need a medical certificate.

Guy & Helyn
    www.kingofthemountains.co.uk

Hi guys.

I don't think that's the case with British Cycling licences because you don't need a medical certificate to get a BC licence. Unlike French, Italian and Spanish licence applications which do need a medical certificate.
    We had problems with BC licences and most organisers down here last year.
    I'm recommending all our Marmotte guests get a medical certificate just in case.
  • maddog 2
    maddog 2 Posts: 8,114
    I'm in 8)
    Facts are meaningless, you can use facts to prove anything that's remotely true! - Homer
  • I've just had my medical for the Etape, could I just cut and paste that from their application form?
  • blorg
    blorg Posts: 1,169
    GeorgeShaw wrote:
    Do I remember correctly that there is a restricted entry this year?

I was hoping to wait until March/April to gauge my form before entering. Is that going to work, or will it sell out before then?
    Registration has now closed - they say "temporary" but presumably they are reaching capacity.

You can still get an entry by entering the whole Grand Trophee (four races) - "last numbers" available it says.

If you want to do it I would get moving on it now, the whole Grand Trophee is €95 and will guarantee you a Marmotte entry, probably worth the extra €40 or so to make sure you have it even if you don't end up doing the others.
  • blorg wrote:
    GeorgeShaw wrote:
    Do I remember correctly that there is a restricted entry this year?

I was hoping to wait until March/April to gauge my form before entering. Is that going to work, or will it sell out before then?
    Registration has now closed - they say "temporary" but presumably they are reaching capacity.

You can still get an entry by entering the whole Grand Trophee (four races) - "last numbers" available it says.

If you want to do it I would get moving on it now, the whole Grand Trophee is €95 and will guarantee you a Marmotte entry, probably worth the extra €40 or so to make sure you have it even if you don't end up doing the others.

Didn't chance it. I'm already in :wink:
  • Just to let people know, they accepted my scanned and emailed BC race license.
  • le patron wrote:
    Just to let people know, they accepted my scanned and emailed BC race license.

Yup, same here.