What Turbo Training DVD?

stick_man
stick_man Posts: 43
Hi,

As a means to motivate myself I want to buy a DVD for training on the TT, rather than read a book and work out my own training plan.

I've found a series by Chris Carmichael but are they worth it?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Chris Carmichael ones are good.

The real rides ones are good.

However the bestest for the money is here-

http://www.thesufferfest.com
  • sampras38
    sampras38 Posts: 1,917
    stick_man wrote:
    Hi,

As a means to motivate myself I want to buy a DVD for training on the TT, rather than read a book and work out my own training plan.

I've found a series by Chris Carmichael but are they worth it?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

I have the Carmichael Cycling for fitness DVD and it's a pretty good hour workout. Lots of intervals and pace changing. Also have a couple of the Rick Kiddle ones which are pretty good.
  • phreak
    phreak Posts: 2,907
    I can only see one video on the Sufferfest site. Is there an archive somewhere?
  • Anonymous
    phreak wrote:
    I can only see one video on the Sufferfest site. Is there an archive somewhere?

He had to remove all the others due to licensing issues.

The Downward Spiral is excellent. The new video is out next week...

I just received a copy of 'The Road to Mt. Ventoux' DVD from Cyclefilm which may be good for endurance efforts, I'll let you know later!
  • The Downward spiral is absolute agony, if your not on your knees at the end you havent done it properly :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
    Helmand Province is such a nice place.....
  • Anonymous
    The new Sufferfest Video (Fight Club) is on the site now, may try it tomoz!

http://www.thesufferfest.com
  • Bhima
    Bhima Posts: 2,145
    What a coincidence! I've just been editing Fabian's Mendrisio TT win to music, making my own 10-minute motivational vid. That whole week of racing was immense. I might actually try this one out...
  • Anonymous
    New sufferfest Fight Club video is ace!!

Very hard, more based around Threshold and VO2 max work than the downward spiral which is more VO2 max and Neuromuscular Power...

The video is good too, with great clips from the world champs TT and road race.

Plus, the cool down video is very informative and useful!

Highly recommended, especially when you look at the price compared to other training DVDs.