Brizzle (& Baff?) Boozy Bikey Balti - Provisionally 9/2

Comments

• itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Waddlie wrote:
    Mrs Waddlie may come along another time, I think she wants me to check you all out and make sure you're not mental first...

They're fine just don't ask to see the "collection" of fingers & tongues :shock:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • ris wrote:
    if you manage the drinks in baff then i might join you, sadly the chances of me making it to brizz from baff in time to join you are slim - we'd end up passing on the sustrans!

the pub is tolerable, there are better ones but that one is closest to the curry house.

Its not impossible to make it from Bath. I'll be getting there from Trowbridge (and coming back to Bath in the end) Takes ~1hr from Bath if you use the cycle path to Saltford, then get on the A4 (with a diversion through Keynsham to avoid the dual carriageway section.

Mike
  • ris
    ris Posts: 392
    i work in batheaston and live in chippenham. it's time more than distance - i rarely get out of work much before 6.30, so i'd probably be in bristol by 8pm; this is bound to be just as people were leaving to bath or after they had already gone!

i don't mind a 2.30h round trip, but it would be good to manage more than 5mins sat down having a drink. :D it's the main reason i can't really make the mid week drinks at the volly or the 'dock work out.
  • sarajoy
    sarajoy Posts: 1,675
    ris wrote:
    i'd probably be in bristol by 8pm; this is bound to be just as people were leaving to bath or after they had already gone!

People leaving to Bath?

By 8pm I'd expect to be in the curry house on King St and probably just receiving our dishes... Last time I was there someone running late rang in with their order and arrived just at the right moment, you could do that ;)
    4537512329_a78cc710e6_o.gif4537512331_ec1ef42fea_o.gif
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Just out of interest, how are we doing the bill thing? Will the blokes do a runner and leave Sarajoy to pick up the tab :lol: Will we split equally or chuck in whatever we've gorged ourselves on?
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • ris wrote:
    i work in batheaston and live in chippenham. it's time more than distance - i rarely get out of work much before 6.30, so i'd probably be in bristol by 8pm; this is bound to be just as people were leaving to bath or after they had already gone!

I typically get there around 7:30 so you wouldn't be a lot later than me. Don't think I've ever left to come back earlier than 9:30pm which gives a reasonable amount of drinking time. ;)

Still if you don't fancy the haul over to Bristol we should set up a Bath drinks some time. There are other forum users that either live in Bath or work there that might be up for it.

Mike
  • sarajoy
    redvee wrote:
    Just out of interest, how are we doing the bill thing? Will the blokes do a runner and leave Sarajoy to pick up the tab :lol: Will we split equally or chuck in whatever we've gorged ourselves on?
    I find that just telling people to put in what they think is right usually leaves us with the right money plus a bit of a tip (with maybe a couple of extra coins to top up) without any arguments!

What do people think of a 7:30pm table? Or 8pm? Assume two hours will be spent in the curry house...

...also I haven't yet decided whether I'll be on the bike or not - but I assume others will be so please feel free to turn up in lycra, the more amusingly garish/daring the better tbh!
  • sarajoy wrote:
    What do people think of a 7:30pm table? Or 8pm? Assume two hours will be spent in the curry house...
    !
    I'd lean more towards 8pm (gives me time for a pint before the curry) but 7:30 is workable as well.

Mike
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Think civvies will be best for beer & balti and sit at 19:30. Meet at the Vollie first?
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • sarajoy
    Aye I think the Vollie would be a good plan to meet up first :)

Mudcovered I think 7:30 may be a better option if you don't mind too much?
  • waddlie
    waddlie Posts: 542
    Not fussed about the time the table is booked for, equally ambivalent about how to splt the bill.

Vollie sounds good for pre-curry beverage. I will be in a bright red Night Vision Evo jacket, black baggies over lycra longs and carrying an Osprey rucksack. If none of you buggers talks to me I'll be really, really upset.
    Rules are for fools.
  • sarajoy wrote:
    Mudcovered I think 7:30 may be a better option if you don't mind too much?

Gives me an excuse to leave work early. :lol:

Mike
  • sarajoy
    OK booked, 7:30pm tomorrow, 6 seats, meet in the Naval Volly first!

For Waddlie - we tend to be somewhat closer to the front door than the back of the pub - no further than the bar for sure... Haven't decided whether I'll be in lycra yet, we shall see! If I'm not, I'll make a point of wearing my green bikey T shirt anyway :D

See you tomorrow!
  • sarajoy wrote:
    For Waddlie - we tend to be somewhat closer to the front door than the back of the pub - no further than the bar for sure... Haven't decided whether I'll be in lycra yet, we shall see! If I'm not, I'll make a point of wearing my green bikey T shirt anyway :D
    !
    I should look like my usual obvious cyclist self and I'm aiming to get there around 7pm. :)

Mike
  • waddlie
    Awesome.

Seriously though, I'm a right wuss and will probably bottle out of approaching random strangers. Will be in the vollie from 7pm looking very bikey. My real name is Tim. I don't wanna end up eating in Subway again. :)
    Rules are for fools.
  • sarajoy
    OK, I rode in, I thought it'd be bad form to go to a bikey curry having only ridden in once this year - so twice it is!

Red jacket, black baselayers, and I've brought a pair of dark brown jogging bottoms to keep warm in when in pub/restaurant (cycled in shorts today - BRRRR - bad plan maybe but it was just OK though I now have rather pink legs)...

See y'all later :)
  • attica
    attica Posts: 2,362
    Damn it

Not content with being a bit flakey myself, I've now got other people making me look bad too.

Am being dragged off to a family get together tonight despite telling those who bothered to ask that I had a prior engagement, gah!

Have a good time tonight folks.
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • jangle
    jangle Posts: 114
    I will be at the vollie about 1900, wearing very none bikey stuff, jeans and a blue hoodie. Thought 25 miles after beers and curry, late at night is probably not sensible. Means I can finally drink at one of these though :)
  • sarajoy
    Booooo Attica! One day, huh! To think you suggested the date too :P

And fair enough Jangle - I'll be the daft one ;)

I should make the vollie circa 1900 too... Anyone have space in their D Lock for me btw? Have managed to bring a cheapie thick wire lock thing with me but not the D...
  • sarajoy wrote:
    I should make the vollie circa 1900 too... Anyone have space in their D Lock for me btw? Have managed to bring a cheapie thick wire lock thing with me but not the D...
    Shouldn't be a problem. I'll bring an extra one.

Mike
  • sarajoy
    mudcovered wrote:
    sarajoy wrote:
    Shouldn't be a problem. I'll bring an extra one.

Mike

Nooo don't bring an extra one all that way, them things are heavy!

Was only suggesting it in case someone tethers to a lamp post the other side of mine, we could share the D somewhere useful then I'll wrap my cheapy around both bikes too.
  • sarajoy
    Thanks lads, that were good, that :D

For those who missed out (coughatticacough), the most important detail you'll want to know (apart from all those things we said behind your back) is that I got to keep my 25% off curry card! Woohoo!

Also, the 25% off included drinks, which was ace - which brought the ~£108 bill down to ~£81 :D
  • jangle
    jangle Posts: 114
    Yeah, twas a good one. What time did you leave in the end?
  • attica
    sarajoy wrote:
    Thanks lads, that were good, that :D

For those who missed out (coughatticacough), the most important detail you'll want to know (apart from all those things we said behind your back) is that I got to keep my 25% off curry card! Woohoo!

Also, the 25% off included drinks, which was ace - which brought the ~£108 bill down to ~£81 :D

Rub it in why don't you? :(
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • sarajoy
    jangle wrote:
    Yeah, twas a good one. What time did you leave in the end?
    About 10ish, not much longer after you'd gone - unusually civilised!
    Attica wrote:
    Rub it in why don't you? :(
    Yup :D How was the family?
  • attica
    Not nearly as drunk or as much fun as you lot obviously were.

Glad you had a good one folks
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • sarajoy
    There'll be another, esp as I got to keep the discount card :D
  • waddlie
    Thanks for a good time last night, folks - I was alarmingly drunk by the time I got home considering the small amount of alcohol consumed.

Next time I'll leave the bib tights at home too...
    Rules are for fools.
  • Horton
    Horton Posts: 327
    How in God's name did I miss this? Considering I've had 2 days off, I really have no excuses. Hope you had a good night - sounds like you missed Attica though... At least I will get the updates here on in... :oops:
  • sarajoy
    Horton - keep your eye on the Brizzle social club thread - it's around somewhere... :)