SCR of the year 2009 Poll

itboffin
itboffin Posts: 20,064
edited December 2009 in Commuting chat
Time to kick off the poll for the SCR of the year 2009 award.

Post your nominations here please, perhaps even with your reasons why.

As it would be nice to announce the winner at the SCR Christmas drinks, you have until Friday 11th to nominate your short list, only one nomination each PLEASE and lets be really clever and start a list :?

The five most nominated will then be put to the vote in a poll on Thursday 17th, with the winner simply being the one with the most votes on Friday 18th. Simples!

To make it easy to count nominations, please keep this thread for nominations only, take the chat elsewhere ok?
JonG, because he gets me a discount on Castelli kit

edit: only those who received more than one nomination have been included
Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.

Comments

• Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    repost

this thread already exists and the discussions been had... I was winning without putting any effort in
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • itboffin
    Clever Pun wrote:
    repost

this thread already exists and the discussions been had... I was winning without putting any effort in

Nah that was a general who do we think should get it, off topic ramblings, this will be the actual poll - just like last year, dude you should lay off the sauce in the mornings :wink:
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • JonG, because he gets me a discount on Castelli kit
    CP - because I have serious beard envy

:D
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Bassjunkie - he's ideal weekend would involve riding to work simply to scalp someone.

:D
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • Roastie
    Roastie Posts: 1,968
    Bassjunkie - he's ideal weekend would involve riding to work simply to scalp someone
    Bassjunkie IS SCR

• Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    Roastie wrote:
    Bassjunkie - he's ideal weekend would involve riding to work simply to scalp someone
    Bassjunkie IS SCR
    I nominate -null-, not because she is a fellow Scot, and braves the harsher conditions we have up here. But I nominate her as a new, enthusiastic starter. She works from home, yet most days don's the cycling gear and "commutes" 8 miles to her place of work - her home. This to me is dedication, especially as she has advised she is not that fit, but is getting there. Maybe she does not do much SCR, and maybe does not qualify, but nonetheless, I think she deserves recognition

"Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • Coriander
    Coriander Posts: 1,326
    Bassjunkie IS SCR
    I nominate -null-, not because she is a fellow Scot, and braves the harsher conditions we have up here. But I nominate her as a new, enthusiastic starter. She works from home, yet most days don's the cycling gear and "commutes" 8 miles to her place of work - her home. This to me is dedication, especially as she has advised she is not that fit, but is getting there. Maybe she does not do much SCR, and maybe does not qualify, but nonetheless, I think she deserves recognition
    L-i-T - because she takes on the boys at their own game and seem to usually win
    Biondino and L-i-T jointly - for their sterling, selfless contribution to this board at the rate of over 9 posts a day

• itboffin
    Coriander wrote:
    Bassjunkie IS SCR
    Biondino and L-i-T jointly - for their sterling, selfless contribution to this board at the rate of over 9 posts a day

Erm what part of one vote was confusing :P
  • Coriander
    It's not a vote, it's a nomination.

And I didn't read your bit in its entireity. :oops:
  • JonG, because he gets me a discount on Castelli kit
    Bassjunkie IS SCR
    gb155 - He's done an amazing job over the last year, what with the charity ride (not strictly SCRing but still bl00dy good going!) and his SCR efforts it really goes to show how dedication can have positive results. 

Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • What is the deal with the 'code'? Makes it so hard to read...
  • itboffin
    What is the deal with the 'code'? Makes it so hard to read...

yeh, oh wait! :oops:
  • Bump, only 6 days left and this had slipped to the 3rd page!
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,376
    If the award is for the best contributer to the commuting forum (rather than SCR specific) I would like to nominate WG Warburton (sp?) for the high quality of his posts
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • _Brun_
    _Brun_ Posts: 1,740
    Bassjunkie IS SCR
    gb155 - He's done an amazing job over the last year, what with the charity ride (not strictly SCRing but still bl00dy good going!) and his SCR efforts it really goes to show how dedication can have positive results.
    Brun - Just because the rules don't appear to forbid voting for oneself.

• _Brun_ wrote:
    Bassjunkie IS SCR
    cjcp - for unparalleled consistency in posting, cycling, SCR-ing and niceness.

• gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    I nominate GB155 - Sterling effort and a great example of what this is all about i.e. Getting fit and healthy by just going to work in an eco friendly way.

And L-i-T - because her mum has a frickin' Spitfire!
  • itboffin
    :twisted:
  • Aidy
    Aidy Posts: 2,015
    gtvlusso wrote:
    I nominate GB155 - Sterling effort and a great example of what this is all about i.e. Getting fit and healthy by just going to work in an eco friendly way.

Then can I nominate her mum for having a Spitfire? :)

Exactiy what is the FCN of a Spitfire anyway?
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Bassjunkie IS SCR
    cjcp - for unparalleled consistency in posting, cycling, SCR-ing and niceness.
    GB155 - what GTV said. 

I've changed from BJUK - sorry, fella :wink:

Honourable mention for Headhunter for wanting to scalp people even though his riding around looking like this?

37957-Clipart-Illustration-Of-A-Beat-Up-Brown-Dog-Wearing-A-Cast-And-Head-Bandage-Walking-With-A-Crutch.jpg
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • itboffin
    Let's get this party started, the poll is open, call will cost £1 plus your standard network operators charge.
  • itboffin
    Happy voting
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    You royally f*cked this up, eh, itb?
  • itboffin
    biondino wrote:
    You royally f*cked this up, eh, itb?

How's that?
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    Hmm, I guess I misunderstood how the poll worked. My mistake, apologies.
  • Of course this is the one that everyone wants. Beckham, Brown, Blair, Balls, Button, Bernanke, Buffett, Blanchett, Branson, Beyonce. All embankment regulars, all desperate to make a name for themselves. But that's the B list.

The real stars are on our shortlist - you've all done very well :D
  • Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    Who won?
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • Coriander
    Errrr, how did you narrow that list of nominations down to that list of candidates???
  • gtvlusso wrote:

WOT! - The Car or the Plane!? :?
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    edited December 2009
    On the basis that it is SCR of the year and not the Worlds nicest guy, or most weight lossed or most popular female. I'm voting for Bassjunkie.

I'm voting him because long after we are all dead and buried there will be the ghost of Bassjunkie riding along the streets of London looking for, catching and dropping many cyclists on their commutes. If at all possible there would be truth in that and the fact that 'you could believe it' is reason enough for him to win.

Reality is that he has a tag dangling from his bag with his FCN on it. He has this so when he overtakes people they know that they've been taken by someone lower on the foodchain than them i.e. Well and truly, properly, scalped.

You can't buy that tag from the shops, he made it. That's dedication. A way of life!

So in my mind given this guy has taken merely an unspoken game and turned it into something just short of religous fanaticism. I'm voting Bassjunkie and will always vote Bassjunkie until someone more passionate about SCR comes along.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game