Wiggins staying at Garmin

2»

Comments

• timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    Who says Martin's gonna ride for Wiggins. Might be the other way round.

I get the feeling everyone waaaay preferred riding for VdV than Wiggins in any event.
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Everyone will be riding for Tom Danielson.

It'll be super exciting. Eski-power!
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • The French don't care about winning. It is the excitement, the panache, the romance, the rare triumph, the fight, that counts.

The word baroudeur, which so many French riders can be classified as, derives from the 'last stand of honour' in a battle that is already lost.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • As for wigola, I wouldn't be surprised if CVV is better than him this year - he had a tough year in 2009.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • le patron wrote:
    Wiggo publicly says he was was mis-quoted, cyclingnews says he can listen to the audio if he likes and in the meantime Brad emails an apology to Lance who publicly mentions it on twitter (plays into his hands a little).

Brad? Misquoted again? Surely not, just a bit troublesome that the misquotes seem to be on tape every time.
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Wiggins is in danger of disappearing up his own backside at times but he's not there yet. In general, I'll take his quotes any day over some dull "I am calm and will prepare diligently for the next season. I plan to visit a wind tunnel and am excited by the new frame from my sponsor".
  • "I am calm and will prepare diligently for the next season. I plan to visit a wind tunnel and am excited by the new frame from my sponsor".

exactly. I absolutely agree.

plus the fact that (almost certainly) Wiggo's veins contain only what his body happens to have produced over the previous four weeks

Can't understand why people are so critical of him (and Cav) for saying what's on their mind. Just because they're good at riding bikes doesn't mean they never get out of bed on the wrong side, or talk less nonsense than everybody else.
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    moorjohn wrote:
    "I am calm and will prepare diligently for the next season. I plan to visit a wind tunnel and am excited by the new frame from my sponsor".

exactly. I absolutely agree.

plus the fact that (almost certainly) Wiggo's veins contain only what his body happens to have produced over the previous four weeks

Can't understand why people are so critical of him (and Cav) for saying what's on their mind. Just because they're good at riding bikes doesn't mean they never get out of bed on the wrong side, or talk less nonsense than everybody else.

judging by his twitters, that'll be ethanol then!!!!