Veho Muvi (£12 Delivered!) Youtube footage on pg9

Comments

• pdid
    pdid Posts: 1,065
    Other thing you could do is email the seller and see what he says.
  • S_J_P
    S_J_P Posts: 908
    Mine's still not here :evil:

26 days now :cry:
  • Mine neither. That footage was actually filmed by someone who lives down the road from me who I recommended the camera to, who ordered it a week after me and received it on December 23rd :evil:

Not quite sure how that happened, but I'm not happy.
  • bones3027
    bones3027 Posts: 152
    ordered one of these on the 31st Dec so lets see how long it takes to arrive, had email telling me that it may take 25 days due to xmas holidays. so hopefully intime for the final brass monkeys.
  • I can only get 45 minutes recording time using a 4gb class 4 card. I bought the 4gb card thinking I would get 2 hours. Anyone else find this is the same with theirs?
  • The recording format is pretty poor to be honest, not much compression, so 45 minutes will take up a full 4GB. I was hoping you would be able to trade off resolution for filesize, seems that's not the case.
  • Thanks angrymeerkat.
  • antfly
    antfly Posts: 3,276
    I get an hour on a 2 gb, that`s with the original muvi.
    Smarter than the average bear.
  • salsajake
    salsajake Posts: 702
    when it has filled the memory card, does it save it automatically, or if you run out of space and then the battery dies, do you lose all the footage?
  • antfly
    antfly Posts: 3,276
    edited January 2010
    On mine it saves it when it fills but I don`t know about the battery as it`s never run out yet. I would think it would still save it unless it`s in the middle of a recording.
    Smarter than the average bear.
  • Davy-g
    Davy-g Posts: 401
    here is a short video shot down at Kirroughtree red route yesterday

http://vimeo.com/8530578

I have made the video a PIP (Picture In Picture) as a comparison between the 2 different cam mounts, I have also included the full resolution video near the end, the bike mounted cam video was pretty bad to say the least, the helmet cam was at the wrong angle, gonna be trial and error there 8) ...LOL

I also added some cling film to the lower half of the cams to protect the USB plug and the Micro SD card from any ingress of dirt....The bike mounted cam was attached to the front of the stem.
  • missmarple
    missmarple Posts: 1,980
    Davy-g wrote:
    here is a short video shot down at Kirroughtree red route yesterday

http://vimeo.com/8530578

I have made the video a PIP (Picture In Picture) as a comparison between the 2 different cam mounts, I have also included the full resolution video near the end, the bike mounted cam video was pretty bad to say the least, the helmet cam was at the wrong angle, gonna be trial and error there 8) ...LOL

I also added some cling film to the lower half of the cams to protect the USB plug and the Micro SD card from any ingress of dirt....The bike mounted cam was attached to the front of the stem.

Nice stuff Davy-G, what video program did you use for that?
  • Davy-g
    thanks for the comments :wink:

I used Sony Vegas Video with an NTSC Preset (as this is closer to the dimensions of the cam footage) I exported the finished video as .WMV with custom settings of 20fps and 640 x 480 aspect ratio
  • bike-a-swan
    bike-a-swan Posts: 1,235
    10 mins a gig is about right. I think I'm going to tbe heading back and seeing what the biggest card I can find is...
    Rock Lobster 853, Trek 1200 and a very old, tired and loved Apollo Javelin.
  • salsajake
    My understanding is they can't take anything bigger than 8gb, at least I'm sure that's waht the Muvi details say
  • Just looking at these and im leaning towards going through a hong kong seller, rather than the chinese seller posted in these threads. Just due to the fact I normally get stuff from HK pretty quickly, compared to items from china taking weeks. Any thoughts?
  • Davy-g
    file size for my 2 cams were 1 hour 6 mins @ 2.69GB and 2.97GB respectively
  • salsajake
    ooh, that's about my average commute time, but sometimes its about 1:15 (headwinds etc) so I will have to get something bigger, sods law the numpty that has me off my bike will be seconds after the memory card filled up!

I've just stretched an elasticated tie around some of the vents at the front of my helmet and clipped the clip to that and it seems OK, albeit I haven;t tested on the road. Am going to have a fail safe ziptie and carabiner attached to a small loop going through the hole on the back of the camera, so if the elasticated tie fails, the camera just drops and hangs off the helmet., but so I can still remove it all easily enough.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Davy-g wrote:

Thats seems rather large TBH. The largest file on my camera from todays ride was

24:25 duration
    352kbs bit rate
    474mb file size.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • redvee wrote:
    Davy-g wrote:

Thats seems rather large TBH. The largest file on my camera from todays ride was

352kbs bit rate
    474mb file size.

I got similar i have a 23 min film - that was 316 mb

however i have another one that is 24 mins which is 829 mb, i guess it depends on what its having to record????

i was under the impression a 2gb card could record 2 hours worth of footage.
    MmmBop

Go big or go home.
    2002 Posts: 26
    http://keithallenphotos.posterous.com/muvi-mounts

This a short video with a clip from both the mounts fitted on the bike

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5YZ47Uz23o

I am going to move the lower one forward a bit more so my legs do not get in the way. I did later try a elastic band round the legs of my shorts which held them clear of the lens more with both mounts.
  • weeksy59
    weeksy59 Posts: 2,606
    Ordered :)
  • mines arrived - managed a 2 mins test run with good quality results, today but now its showing the red and blue lockout and even when i press the reset it goes back again - will leave it charging from pc overnight to see hwat happens- (its had a good few hours already + 1 1/2 hrs on mains)

just wondering if the green light on anyone els'es mains charger filckers when plugged in?

also the extreme sports pack has arrived - much the same as the stuff that came with the camera ecept camera does not clip firmy into these accesories - does have some handy mounting straps though.
    Falcon Sierra - 80's
    Muddy Fox Courier - 80's
    GT Palomar 90's
    GT Zaskar LE - 90's
    Cannondale k v 900 90's
    Santa Cruz Bullit - now
    Orange Evo 8 STOLEN 26/09/10
    Orange P7 Pro
    Lots of kites.
  • redvee wrote:
    Davy-g wrote:

352kbs bit rate
    474mb file size.
    Well, I deleted my last ones (because they were rubbish), but I was around the 3-3.5GB mark for about 45 minutes! Unless I did something stupid with not deleting old ones properly ("Emptying the trash"), was going on the amount of storage left on the card...

Actually, that's quite possible. :oops:
  • I have found it very hard to delete some files i recorded, they stayed on for ages saying they were locked, it was just a case of keeping on trying. I dunno if that is the fault of the camera, the card or the computer.
    MmmBop

Go big or go home.
  • Davy-g
    redvee wrote:
    Davy-g wrote:

352kbs bit rate
    474mb file size.

the data bitrate for some of the footage I shot on Sunday was between 10000-14744Kbs :shock: :shock: :shock: , that would explain the rather large files... :?
  • salsajake
    http://www.picstop.co.uk/transcend-micr ... ss+6+-+8GB

Is this the right piece of kit for 8GB, given the top reviews someone on here gave the Transcend? Not good technically, so need to make sure it fits!
  • strodey
    strodey Posts: 481
    Thats the one salsajake, i have the 4gb and it works a dream!
    Carbon is a mans best freind
  • ok - after leaving it on pc charge all night it now seems to be working - took vid of my car trip to work and the clarity is amazing! its now sat on my pc charging again and this time the red light is on all the time and blue light is flashing.

so mine does the following:

red and blue on constant - locked out - needs a good re-charge
    red on constant and blue light flashing - usb charging
    red flashing and blue on constant - recording
    red off and blue on constant - power on but not recording.

is everyone elses the same?
    Falcon Sierra - 80's
    Muddy Fox Courier - 80's
    GT Palomar 90's
    GT Zaskar LE - 90's
    Cannondale k v 900 90's
    Santa Cruz Bullit - now
    Orange Evo 8 STOLEN 26/09/10
    Orange P7 Pro
    Lots of kites.