OT: Hangover cures?

2»

Comments

• Wake up. Reach for tin. Open. Problem solved.
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    After a heavy night on the whisky (got to bed around 5, could barely see at that point) I woke up later that day and saw I still had some left I decided to finish it off, spent the rest of the day in a lovely haze

Breakfast Whisky is awesome
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • linsen
    linsen Posts: 1,959
    The Dentist's Chair

In the dentist's chair I lie
    I am not brave I think I'll cry
    He turns to me my tooth to fill
    I start to sweat I hear the drill
    I reach around and grab his crutch
    I begin to squeeze but not too much
    I move my gaze his eyes to view
    If you hurt me then I'll hurt you
    Emerging from under a big black cloud. All help welcome
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    :lol::lol::lol:

Brilliant!
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • Verse 2 could go in a few directions.

One of them requires cheesy 70s music and the dentist to have a mullet and a 'tache. :shock:
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • linsen
    linsen Posts: 1,959
    A pint of Nuun before you go to bed, get up and have a bacon sarnie.

If that doesn't work, breakfast whisky and MTFU
    Emerging from under a big black cloud. All help welcome
  • Water before bed makes a massive difference.

I stand in a bucket of it for about 10 minutes and always feel fine the next morning! :D
  • Nick6891
    Nick6891 Posts: 274
    i always found drinking more alcohol solves hangover hahah

Seriosuly though, i just eat alot before i go to bed from the night before, and normally end up feeling fine enough to carry on with things as normal day after, have to keep eating though or once it gets to afternoon hangover kicks in again
  • Rich158
    Rich158 Posts: 2,348
    itboffin wrote:
    A plate sized MTFU pill then get yourself back to the scene of the crime, failing that 30 min balls out blast on the bike.

Simples

+1

Milkshake if I can stomach it, two bottles of High 5 4:1, and get on the bike untill both bottles have gone and I've sweated them back out again, then another choccy milkshake :lol::lol:

If it's a really bad one i find lying on a darkened room groaning untill the next day generally works, at my age I do get two day hangovers from time to time :roll:
    pain is temporary, the glory of beating your mates to the top of the hill lasts forever.....................

Revised FCN - 2
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Rich158 wrote:
    itboffin wrote:
    A plate sized MTFU pill then get yourself back to the scene of the crime, failing that 30 min balls out blast on the bike.

Simples

+1

Milkshake if I can stomach it, two bottles of High 5 4:1, and get on the bike untill both bottles have gone and I've sweated them back out again, then another choccy milkshake :lol::lol:

If it's a really bad one i find lying on a darkened room groaning untill the next day generally works, at my age I do get two day hangovers from time to time :roll:

19th & 20th Dec by any chance :P
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • NGale
    NGale Posts: 1,866
    I really find not drinking is the best option. Just ask Jake about the state I was in after drinking rum. :shock: :shock: :(
    Officers don't run, it's undignified and panics the men
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,379
    In my experience the only cure for a hangover is to be under 25

+1 on the smoking making it worse
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Now I think about it, the best preventative measure (and prevention is better than a cure, as we all know) is to be in a regime of mega vitamin supplements. D, or C, or one of the B complexes works a treat.
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A