Things I'm wondering about

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited December 2009 in Pro race
Results of the 08 Giro doping retests

Teams for Rasmussen and Flandis for next season

The 2 new doping rings from Spain

Why DS's seem to communicate on twitter using quotes from other people.

Will Robbie Hunter ever be happy with his house?

When will Kimmages David Millar biography be published? (Just assuming their is going to be one, such is their bro-mance)

Why professional cyclists would train in St. Moritz when they know it causes raised eyebrows.

What are you wondering about?

[/list]
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    Whether Stijn will win the Ronde again, in exactly the same way, again?

Strava is not Zen.
  • I'm wondering what you do for a living, cos you're on here all the time :?
    Expertly coached by http://www.vitessecyclecoaching.co.uk/

http://vineristi.wordpress.com - the blog for Viner owners and lovers!
  • iainf72
    I'm wondering what you do for a living, cos you're on here all the time :?

Today I'm on leave :wink:
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Will Steven de Jongh's twittering finger actually drop off due to giving about 50 updates per day?
  • iainf72
    calvjones wrote:
    Whether Stijn will win the Ronde again, in exactly the same way, again?

I can answer that one actually.

No, as the route is different next year he'll have to attack somewhere different.
  • Why EE aren't riding the Giro..........again.
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/no-giro ... el-euskadi
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    iainf72 wrote:
    Results of the 08 Giro doping retests

Teams for Rasmussen and Flandis for next season

[/list]

is it possible for Rasmussen to have joined a proteam and it has been kept on the down low?
    cartoon.jpg
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    iainf72 wrote:
    Why professional cyclists would train in St. Moritz when they know it causes raised eyebrows.

[/list]

Sounds like a great place to TRAIN, although I know your mind is not really on training.
    Mountains, great resort area. What's not to like??? Think I might try a ski trip there. Either that or Zermatt(which was recommended to me some time ago).
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,481
    Okay Dennis, why would a professional cyclist go training there in December?
  • dennisn
    andyp wrote:
    Okay Dennis, why would a professional cyclist go training there in December?

Why do people train year around in Boulder, Colorado? Myself, personally, I don't ride outside unless the temperature is higher than my age. :wink::wink: We're talking about people who make their living from sports, not a couple of sissy's like you and I, who bitch if it's a little too windy out. Riding in conditions that are less than optimal is all part of the game.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    dennisn wrote:

Why do people train year around in Boulder, Colorado?

Altitude
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • dennisn
    RichN95 wrote:
    dennisn wrote:

Why do people train year around in Boulder, Colorado?

Altitude

My point exactly. Boulder - altitude, mountains, nice place St. Moritz - altitude, mountains, nice place
  • dennisn wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:

[/list]

Sounds like a great place to TRAIN, although I know your mind is not really on training.
    Mountains, great resort area. What's not to like??? Think I might try a ski trip there. Either that or Zermatt(which was recommended to me some time ago).

Zermatt is fantastic, I don't know St. Moritz.

I wonder when Kashechkin will get a team, or will he have to wait until 2011 when Astana will sign him.
  • Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    Will the Valverde debacle EVER get sorted out :?:
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    That WWE wrestling.

Real or Fixed?
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    dennisn wrote:
    Myself, personally, I don't ride outside unless the temperature is higher than my age. :wink::wink:

Celsius or fahrenheit?
  • iainf72
    dennisn wrote:
    My point exactly. Boulder - altitude, mountains, nice place St. Moritz - altitude, mountains, nice place

It's also home to a notorious doctor. So I was wondering why you'd train there if you could train elsewhere and not raise eyebrows.
  • dennisn
    iainf72 wrote:
    dennisn wrote:

It's also home to a notorious doctor. So I was wondering why you'd train there if you could train elsewhere and not raise eyebrows.

I know. It's probably home to more than a few "notorious" people.
  • iainf72
    dennisn wrote:

Possibly. But if you do train there, the anti-doping authorities take a special interest in you. So again, why do that to yourself?
  • dennisn
    iainf72 wrote:
    dennisn wrote:

Possibly. But if you do train there, the anti-doping authorities take a special interest in you. So again, why do that to yourself?

You'll have to ask the guys who train there.
    Do you know for a FACT that the "authorities" will take "special interest in you" if you go there?????? Or are you speculating that "they" might????
  • I wondering on what my chances are of getting the TDU on the list for PTP have withdrawls :D

Will Armstrong avoid races that Contador is doing? like this year.
    Take care of the luxuries and the necessites will take care of themselves.
  • Richrd2205
    Richrd2205 Posts: 1,267
    dennisn wrote:
    Do you know for a FACT that the "authorities" will take "special interest in you" if you go there?????? Or are you speculating that "they" might????
    Yes, they will.
    Can we have an answer from you now? :D
  • johnfinch wrote:
    dennisn wrote:
    Myself, personally, I don't ride outside unless the temperature is higher than my age. :wink::wink:

Celsius or fahrenheit?

Kelvin ;-)
  • dennisn
    Richrd2205 wrote:
    dennisn wrote:
    Yes, they will.

Are you're asking "why do that to yourself"????
    If, as you say, "they" take special note of pro riders going there, then you'll have to ask the riders why. They don't confide in me. :wink::wink:
  • knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    Why Bruyneel favours the Gerona side of Spain (the Bilbao side makes far better training)

How Contador and Vino will hit it off together

How do you get a job as masseuse with a TdF team (for my GF, and from her standpoint, preferably whichever team Arvesen is now in)
  • Richrd2205
    Richrd2205 Posts: 1,267
    dennisn wrote:
    Richrd2205 wrote:
    dennisn wrote:
    Yes, they will.

If, as you say, "they" take special note of pro riders going there, then you'll have to ask the riders why. They don't confide in me. :wink::wink:
    Oh, please avoid the question.....
    But if you do train there, the anti-doping authorities take a special interest in you. So again, why do that to yourself?
    Yes, they will.
    I think that's a fairly clear train of argument. Do you have something to add or are you spitting into the wind?
    C'mon, you know you want to say something substantive...
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    iainf72 wrote:
    dennisn wrote:

If I'm a clean cyclist and it's the best place to train, then I'm training there, and I don't care what anyone thinks. If 'internet forum people' - (c) M. Cavendish - want to put two and two to together and make five and post their insinuations, then sod 'em - they're all idiots anyway. More attention from the authorities? Great! More data to show I'm clean. I'm certainly not avoiding the area because Dr F goes there sometimes.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Is it not also possible that the dope doctors are attracted to areas which are popular with cyclists?

Have St Moritz and Boulder always been popular training areas for the pros, or is it a more recent development?
  • I wondering on what my chances are of getting the TDU on the list for PTP have withdrawls :D

Will Armstrong avoid races that Contador is doing? like this year.

Where is afx? TDU would be a welcome addition.
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    Richrd2205 wrote:
    dennisn wrote:
    Richrd2205 wrote:
    dennisn wrote:
    Yes, they will.

Oh, please avoid the question.....
    But if you do train there, the anti-doping authorities take a special interest in you. So again, why do that to yourself?
    Yes, they will.
    I think that's a fairly clear train of argument. Do you have something to add or are you spitting into the wind?
    C'mon, you know you want to say something substantive...

As substansive as you saying "yes they will" to the question of whether the anti doping authorities take special interest in someone training in St Moritiz ? Yes they will is hardly conclusive is it ? I suspect the idea that they will take special interest for that reason alone is all p iss and wind.
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !