Simeoni/Lance footage

2»

Comments

• mooro
    mooro Posts: 483
    why didnt he jut knock armstrong off his bike? Cadel would have.

[yes i realise he couldnt have]
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    still exhuming stories from half a dacde ago :roll: ??...pro race needs to move on
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    Dave_1 wrote:
    still exhuming stories from half a dacde ago :roll: ??...pro race needs to move on

Thank goodness for that. We'll have no more guff about how brilliant the 80s were then.
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    DaveyL wrote:
    Dave_1 wrote:

Thank goodness for that. We'll have no more guff about how brilliant the 80s were then.

Harsh... but funny :lol:

Strava is not Zen.
  • dave_1
    DaveyL wrote:
    Dave_1 wrote:

davey who? you guys still bang on about the doping stuff too much. Can't move on from Lance era threads
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Cheers for that.

I never actually saw that stage.
  • dave_1
    Moray Gub wrote:
    This one is pretty much 100% nailed down. Simeoni testified against Ferrari, Armstrong was, at the least, friends with Ferrari and called Simeoni an "absolute liar".

Simeoni tried to get some exposure/a stage win/a contract for the following year on a final week transition stage, Armstrong brought his personal grudges into play by ensuring that the break would fail (Hinault-esque in it's way, nobody would win a stage in the early 80s if Bernard deemed otherwise.).

After much abuse and vitriol Armstrong and Simeoni dropped back to the peloton, whereupon Simeoni was mocked and spat on by his fellow professionals. He tried to spoil the USPS victory parade a coule of days later by attacking on the run in to the Champs whilst everybody was larking about and sipping Champagne, again, phlegm and abuse followed. Nice guys pro-cyclists.

On the spitting angle I am sure i read somewhere might have been in this forum that it was alleged he finished the stage covered in spittle it was subsequently shown to been a load of b ollox. Think maybe Ekimov spat at the ground as he passed him, also he did have a few backers in the peloton if that had happened then all hell would have broken loose. So its probbaly safe to assume thats one of these unsubstantiated urban myths that pop up from time to time. Still makes for a good story even if it is she-ite

he was right to pull up Simeoni. Simeoni of course changed his story to get off lightly for doping by implicating others. Only the lynch mob on here like grassers like Simeoni
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Dave as soon as Lance is mentioned, you pop up!

Simeoni says "Armstrong shows what type of man he is... he doesn't leave us little guys the chance to win".
  • pomtarr
    pomtarr Posts: 318
    Dave_1 wrote:
    grassers like Simeoni
    Yeah, it would have been so much better if he'd kept schtum. Long live the Omerta! :roll:
    "Difficult, difficult, lemon difficult"
  • pomtarr wrote:
    Dave_1 wrote:
    grassers like Simeoni
    Yeah, it would have been so much better if he'd kept schtum. Long live the Omerta! :roll:

Seems CONI and WADA are quite keen on them too...
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Moray Gub wrote:

On the spitting angle I am sure i read somewhere might have been in this forum that it was alleged he finished the stage covered in spittle it was subsequently shown to been a load of b ollox. Think maybe Ekimov spat at the ground as he passed him, also he did have a few backers in the peloton if that had happened then all hell would have broken loose. So its probbaly safe to assume thats one of these unsubstantiated urban myths that pop up from time to time. Still makes for a good story even if it is she-ite

IIRC Simeoni said that Pozzato spat at him whilst others called him names, spat at the floor, etc.

The vid does shoe that LAs account of what happened that day is nonsense.
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    Dave_1 wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:
    This one is pretty much 100% nailed down. Simeoni testified against Ferrari, Armstrong was, at the least, friends with Ferrari and called Simeoni an "absolute liar".

Simeoni tried to get some exposure/a stage win/a contract for the following year on a final week transition stage, Armstrong brought his personal grudges into play by ensuring that the break would fail (Hinault-esque in it's way, nobody would win a stage in the early 80s if Bernard deemed otherwise.).

After much abuse and vitriol Armstrong and Simeoni dropped back to the peloton, whereupon Simeoni was mocked and spat on by his fellow professionals. He tried to spoil the USPS victory parade a coule of days later by attacking on the run in to the Champs whilst everybody was larking about and sipping Champagne, again, phlegm and abuse followed. Nice guys pro-cyclists.

he was right to pull up Simeoni. Simeoni of course changed his story to get off lightly for doping by implicating others. Only the lynch mob on here like grassers like Simeoni

Fk me Dave, I'm glad I wasn't at school with you :wink:

Strava is not Zen.
  • dave_1
    pomtarr wrote:
    Dave_1 wrote:
    grassers like Simeoni

am sure the Bbox riders are just praying for new doping scandals to hit the front pages :)