Best / Worst Abuse whilst riding a bike

2»

Comments

• markp2
    markp2 Posts: 162
    I like the 'fat tax' reply. Must remember that one!
    Genesis Croix de Fer - my new commuting mount
    Saracen Hytrail - the workhorse - now pensioned off
    Kinetic-One FK1 roadie - the fast one - hairy legs though!
    Cannondale Jekyll Lefty MTB - the muddy one which keeps tipping me into gorse bushes!
  • I get wolf whistled at sometimes. I never quite know how to take it, so I just keep riding. Whenever I have gotten abuse, that's generally my policy. Keep on riding.
  • BentMikey
    BentMikey Posts: 4,895
    Best one was getting egged by some teenaged chavs in some little green car, and then chasing them for several miles at 30mph. I was well sneaky though, I turned my flashing light off (this is in daylight), and hid behind the other cars between us. Each time we went round a left bend, I sat well to the right, and vice versa so that they wouldn't know I was chasing. Caught up to them at a roundabout, and sprayed almost the entire contents of my water bottle over the passenger through their open window.

HAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAAAA!!!!! I was whooping and cheering I was so chuffed I gave them that come-uppance.
  • rofl mikey! did you raise your hands in victory!?
    Coveryourcar.co.uk RT Tester
    north west of england.
  • ichabod wrote:
    Cycling along a busy road with an irate car trying to overtake and driving about 6 inches from my back wheel. There wasnt room so I deliberately didnt squeeze into the side of the road.

They started holding the horn down so I gave them the finger which really made them mad. After 20m when the road widened up I pulled left to let them pass. The car pulled up alongside me (we were still doing about 20) and this huge fat woman leant out of the window and started screaming abuse. The car then swerved towards me several times tring to knock me off but luckily I managed to dodge left each time and finally managed to get off the road. Didnt get their plates :(

Hmm I've had that happen to me driving my car when I have one of my mischievous `I'm not going over the speed limit just to see what happens' moments.
  • number9
    number9 Posts: 440
    I had a red-faced beer user scream at me "You don't stop at traffic lights!!!!!" outside a pub in Westminster, as I waited at a traffic light...
  • attica
    attica Posts: 2,362
    number9 wrote:
    I had a red-faced beer user scream at me "You don't stop at traffic lights!!!!!" outside a pub in Westminster, as I waited at a traffic light...

Honestly :roll:
    You give RLJers a bad name
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • number9 wrote:

I've had similar to that but from a little old lady when she was on the crossing I was stopped at. best of it was it was just outside Porthmadog and it was delivered in an almost impenetrable Welsh accent. Theres something about being told off in such a lovely lilting accent, even if it is all a bit random.