A turbo question

crispybug3
crispybug3 Posts: 12
Whilst doing my training session this morning I decided to try a quick out of the saddle balls out sprint, and when I did my back wheel slipped very badly and I nearly went arse over tit!
Is this a common occurence or do I need to tighten the flywheel against the back wheel a bit?

Comments

• Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Whilst doing my training session this morning I decided to try a quick out of the saddle balls out sprint, and when I did my back wheel slipped very badly and I nearly went ars* over tit!
    Is this a common occurence or do I need to tighten the flywheel against the back wheel a bit?

It's common. WIll depend on the tyre and the tension against the roller.

Don't think most turbos are designed for fast accelerations like that. In fact, most turbos aren't designed for out of the saddle sprints at all!

If you want to sprint, you might want to get up to speed a bit while seated, then keep it going while standing. Otherwise the tyre will slip.

And if you overtighten the flywheel/roller - you risk blowing out the tyre (have done that also!)
  • Bhima
    Bhima Posts: 2,145
    Pokerface wrote:
    And if you overtighten the flywheel/roller - you risk blowing out the tyre (have done that also!)

I'm sure that's a great party trick, if you've got an old tyre. "Hey guys, do you wanna see how much power I can produce?..." :lol: