I hit a car

13»

Comments

• bd12mz
    bd12mz Posts: 79
    received a letter form the police to say the guy that drove off is in court end of March.

3 offences.

driving without due care
    failed to produce documents x2
    left scene of accident.

it said I don't need to be there.
    not sure how it all works - guess it's a preliminary thing where he would just plead guilty/not guilty?
  • bd12mz
    edited April 2010
    okies - had a phone message to say the driver had pleaded guilty to DWDC&A - no mention of the other offences.

should make the rest of this affair pretty smooth I hope.

last week I was poked n prodded by an independent doctor - was quite interested in the scar on my little finger, the loss of sensitivity around the scarred area and the nice scar I have on my knee.

had a good look at the shoulder and it was reassuring to hear that it shouldn't give me any problems in the future.
    it looks weird but isn't painful.
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    Sorry, I've not read the rest of the thread, but I presume you are also mounting a civil case against him?

A conviction should make that more straight forward.

Good Luck.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • bd12mz
  • dilemna
    dilemna Posts: 2,187
    No problem with liability. It will just be arguing over how much your injuries are worth, the cost of any further treatment, bike repairs replacement of damaged possessions, PSLA, PTSD, loss of earnings, etc.

But glad the moton got nailed. A rare round of applause for the police and CPS.
    Life is like a roll of toilet paper; long and useful, but always ends at the wrong moment. Anon.
    Think how stupid the average person is.......
    half of them are even more stupid than you first thought.
  • bd12mz
    I think he sorta sealed his own fate by driving off and then pretending he had no insurance.

very strange behaviour.
  • londonbairn
    londonbairn Posts: 316
    great news, hope he gets nailed 8)