visible sky

2»

Comments

• cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Hang on - you're in Oz anyway. Thats only natural that you'd be whinging. ;-)

The team havent even had their first race yet and the criticisms are flowing.

Personally I love pro cycling and the more teams the merrier. I've never subscribed to the 'pro one team' and 'anti another team' philosophy - thats tooo much like football.

I'm happy to support most of the riders in the peleton - I like good racing - sure I'll have my favourite riders, but I'd never really dislike a team. Oh hang on - maybe Rock Racing. And even then - they do have cool kit.
  • emadden wrote:
    My god... Dogma 60.1s as their training bikes :shock: :shock: Would have thought they would be on Princes for the winter ... or maybe they are just testing them out.... The lack of bartape is just priceless !

Yup they use the Dogma's all though out, it's pointless them using another bike theres no such thing as a 'winter bike' for them so to speak, asked a friend of Steve Cummings so thats an answer from the horses mouth so to speak....
    Helmand Province is such a nice place.....
  • mrushton wrote:
    No GC contender, rubbish bikes in a rubbish paint scheme with Shimano and as for that psychobabble - pah bound to fail!
    We must get all the people on here who have spent time slagging the team off to just remind us of their palmares or credentials in regards to success in cycling :wink:

Coulden't agree more, some utter crap written on here, cant we get behind them, as for the rubbish bikes coment what utter horse manure............
    Helmand Province is such a nice place.....
  • JC.152
    JC.152 Posts: 645
    inseine wrote:
    all these new riders and NOT an overall tour contender ????.

Yeah, but how many realistic contenders are they? They're expecting to win a GT in the first year.

yeah theres only lockvist, boasson hagen and kennagh :wink: with brailsfield and all the GB guys working on it i bet they'll get some good results out of them
  • simon_e
    simon_e Posts: 1,706
    Gazzetta67 wrote:
    God Shimano on a Pinarello Yuk
    Burn them!

There's nothing like a spot of heresy to bring out the bigots roll:

It's just brakes and gears, FFS. I'm not fussed what components they use, what bikes they ride or whose energy products they consume, I just want to see some racing. Likeable personalities would be a bonus but are not essential - after all they're cyclists, not my flatmates.
    Aspire not to have more, but to be more.
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    Quote:
    all these new riders and NOT an overall tour contender ????.

Yeah, but how many realistic contenders are they? They're expecting to win a GT in the first year.

I meant to say 'They're NOT expecting to win a GT in the first year' :oops:

Anyway, too many on here ready to bash them. Even for an impartial cycling fan I don't see how they can be bad news. We should be glad to see money and exposure for the sport.
  • Best of luck to them. I thought they were trying to build a team toward challenging for grand tour success in a few years time, seems more sensible than just trying to buy riders up (like Katusha) or going in unprepared (like ANC, god rest them). They've got some good british riders, some good continental and antipodean riders. A solid base to build on, lwta hopw they do.