BdeB
BdeB Posts: 110
edited December 2009 in Pro race
Team_Sky_training_near_Manchester_Juan_Antonio_Flecha_November_2009.jpg

Comments

• iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Did you see his coach? :wink:
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • BdeB
    BdeB Posts: 110
    Team_Sky_training_near_Manchester_November_2009.jpg

Team_Sky_training_near_Manchester_November_2009.jpg
  • Bhima
    Bhima Posts: 2,145
    I saw a few of those guys the other day actually. :)
  • Infamous
    Infamous Posts: 1,130
    Bhima wrote:
    were they saying "WOW, slow down we want you to join our team" or was it more "Get a haircut you ponytailed buffoon" ?
  • havent got a bar tape sponser yet byt the looks of things :roll:

PS. is anyone on here Steven Knight??? 8) well done sir
  • Bhima
    Bhima Posts: 2,145
    Infamous wrote:
    Bhima wrote:
    were they saying "WOW, slow down we want you to join our team" or was it more "Get a haircut you ponytailed buffoon" ?

The couldn't "say" anything. I obviously dropped them. :roll:
  • Moomaloid
    Moomaloid Posts: 2,040
    The Dogma's look real nice
  • Before anyone else posts pics of a Sky rider whizzing up Peep O' Day this morning. Don't bother. It wasn't, it was me. I would have thought the orange woolly hat might be a give away

...and the slow speed, the Cougar frame, the beer gut, carrier bag on the handlebars etc etc
  • emadden
    emadden Posts: 2,431
    My god... Dogma 60.1s as their training bikes :shock: :shock: Would have thought they would be on Princes for the winter ... or maybe they are just testing them out.... The lack of bartape is just priceless !
    www.dotcycling.com
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    If you read the article that the pics came from - they are still fitting the bikes for each rider - thus no bartape as positioning isn't finalized.

Although with Sky's massive budget - you would think they could afford to throw in a few extra rolls of tap.e :)
  • Pinarello's with Shimano gruppo...

Oh the ignominy of it all... :wink:
    Let's close our eyes and see what happens
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    Pinarello's with Shimano gruppo...

stop talking crap and ride your bike ffs
    cartoon.jpg
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    Pinarello's with Shimano gruppo...

You can't have a shimano gruppo, its a 群れ innit.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    I saw a guy in full Astana kit in the peaks today. Surely no one but an Astana rider wears Astana kit do they? Didn't know Sky picked up any Astana riders.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • I saw a guy in full Astana kit in the peaks today. Surely no one but an Astana rider wears Astana kit do they? Didn't know Sky picked up any Astana riders.

If he was fat he must just be finishing the Tour of the Peaks Sportive
    Expertly coached by http://www.vitessecyclecoaching.co.uk/

http://vineristi.wordpress.com - the blog for Viner owners and lovers!
  • Sorry - them Dogma's aren't doing anything for me.

The colour scheme is making me depressed
    Expertly coached by http://www.vitessecyclecoaching.co.uk/

http://vineristi.wordpress.com - the blog for Viner owners and lovers!
  • Pokerface
    I saw a guy in full Astana kit in the peaks today. Surely no one but an Astana rider wears Astana kit do they? Didn't know Sky picked up any Astana riders.

That was probably me. But there's no way anyone would mistake me for a pro!
  • redddraggon
    Pokerface wrote:

It was the Buxton Road/A6 (somewhere between disley and whaley bridge) at around 1pm
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface wrote:

It was the Buxton Road/A6 (somewhere between disley and whaley bridge) at around 1pm

Yup. That was me. :oops: Were you riding or driving?

The kit came with the bike. 8)
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    God Shimano on a Pinarello Yuk

Dont believe the Hype surrounding Sky - looks like their putting a few noses out of joint thinking they are the "Chelski" of the Pro scene.

all these new riders and NOT an overall tour contender ????.
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    all these new riders and NOT an overall tour contender ????.

Yeah, but how many realistic contenders are they? They're expecting to win a GT in the first year.
  • Gazzetta67
    They are expecting to win a GT ??? - who then ? Geraint Thomas , Steve Cummins :D

Cannon Fodder
  • redddraggon
    People try to label me as Shimano hater, but I'm not. I see no problem with Dogmas + Di2, both are from the far east, and Di2 is probably the best groupset at the moment. By best I mean performance wise for the Pros - top notch chainset, best shifting, possibility of multiple shifting positions. For amateur though, cable and campag still rules :wink:
    Pokerface wrote:
    Pokerface wrote:

Yup. That was me. :oops: Were you riding or driving?

The kit came with the bike. 8)

I was in the car, had been to Hucknall that morning and was on the way back.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • Gazzetta67
    Campag Wears IN

Shimano Wears OUT

Ok if your on a pro team or a Kid-on team like SKY you get a new kit if it breaks.
  • wicked
    wicked Posts: 844
    Gazzetta67 wrote:
    Campag Wears IN

Shimano Wears OUT

Ok if your on a pro team or a Kid-on team like SKY you get a new kit if it breaks.

Complete and utter tosh. The groupsets are so good that its only personal preference, yours is obviously campag. So now everyone has to have the same opinion as you now do they?
    Fortunately Sky are a little more interested in facts (and who pays more) and less about your opinions. I originally came from MTB and say what you want about them but you do not get this sh1t.
    Pinarello dogma is as italian as I am.
    It’s the most beautiful sport in the world but it’s governed by ***ts who have turned it into a crock of ****.
  • stefrees
    stefrees Posts: 137
    Gazzetta67 wrote:
    They are expecting to win a GT ??? - who then ? Geraint Thomas , Steve Cummins :D

Cannon Fodder

im gonna rant now, but its people like you who just seem intent on sky failing. its great, bloody great, that the uk have a pro tour team, with some very good cyclists, the fact they dont have a gt contender doesnt detract from the fact the team is exciting. if you want them to fail, fine, but dont be such a grumpy gills about it
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    British cyclists like nothing more than whinging and complaining and bitching about things.

First British Pro Tour Team since ANC Halfords ? Pah rubbish - they havent got a genuine GT contender. Not that theres many of those around.

And as for CLEAN GT contenders ???

Sheesh - we arent asking for much are we ?
  • mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
    No GC contender, rubbish bikes in a rubbish paint scheme with Shimano and as for that psychobabble - pah bound to fail!
    We must get all the people on here who have spent time slagging the team off to just remind us of their palmares or credentials in regards to success in cycling :wink:
    M.Rushton
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,646
    cougie wrote:
    British cyclists like nothing more than whinging and complaining and bitching about things.

First British Pro Tour Team since ANC Halfords ? Pah rubbish - they havent got a genuine GT contender. Not that theres many of those around.

Sheesh - we arent asking for much are we ?

:D
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • top_bhoy
    top_bhoy Posts: 1,424
    cougie wrote:

Sheesh - we arent asking for much are we
    ?
    Is no-one to be allowed a critical viewpoint on a team, their behaviour or their public image? If so, we'll ony end up with a team of bland clones and little commentary of interest. :twisted:

On clean GT contendors.....it's not too much to EXPECT and DEMAND for such riders to be clean and abide by the rules they AGREE to prior to commencing a race!! Its dubious though if it actually happens in practice!!