what tyres for turbo and outside

chrisw12
chrisw12 Posts: 1,246
I class myself quite modestly as a tyre expert. Whenever someone posts those boring 'which tyre shall I buy' I always think Mich pro race 3 whatever the weather and roads, even mountain biking if you're keen. :)

but If I use my powertap on the trainer and the road what tyre is the best bet now?

I can't get a dedicated powertap turbo wheel yet and I'm so obsessed that I need power on all rides.

So what are you guys using if you are using the same wheel for road and turbo?

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Vittoria Open Pave for me.

Does both more than admirably!
  • chrisw12
    Expensive quality tyre there Nap' so I presume your turbo doesn't chew the tyre up then?

I'm going to try the pro race on there later as I can't be bothered to change tyre to a turbo specific one again.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    No, doesn't chew the tyre. They are awesome.

I Used a Conti GP and it looked knackered after a couple of goes on the turbo!
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    I've been using a Conti trainer tyre on the turbo and Spesh Armadillo for this time of year. It's a bit of a pain to change them over but I only tend to go out on the road at the weekend and do turbo sessions during the week, so not too bad.

Have been considering getting a cheap, 2nd hand powertap and using it only on the turbo though. But I'd rather have a MTB powertap first!
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • chrisw12
    DaveyL wrote:
    I've been using a Conti trainer tyre on the turbo and Spesh Armadillo for this time of year. It's a bit of a pain to change them over but I only tend to go out on the road at the weekend and do turbo sessions during the week, so not too bad.

Have been considering getting a cheap, 2nd hand powertap and using it only on the turbo though. But I'd rather have a MTB powertap first!

Got a second one on order. Going to use it as trainer wheel in winter, then stick a cover on it and use it as a race wheel in summer so can justify the cost. Trouble is, I'm going to have to wait till January so I'm looking for a stop gap solution.