Yates DS at Sky

2»

Comments

• finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    andyp wrote:
    There is no reason whatsoever. But both Bernardeau and Madiot have been vocal in their objections to doping. Yates, meanwhile, has been silent.

MM and JRB both have a vested interest in being vocal about doping - their teams are based in France and with the authorities taking an increasing interest in such affairs then turning over a new leaf is a choice which may have been forced on them, rather than a moral decision.
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    andyp wrote:
    There is no reason whatsoever. But both Bernardeau and Madiot have been vocal in their objections to doping. Yates, meanwhile, has been silent.

Re yours and kleber's thoughts re yates and Madiot, and JRB...it seems Madiots not wanting Kimmage anywhere near their team as of 2007

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/lat ... mmage.html
  • johnfinch wrote:
    andyp wrote:

MM and JRB both have a vested interest in being vocal about doping - their teams are based in France and with the authorities taking an increasing interest in such affairs then turning over a new leaf is a choice which may have been forced on them, rather than a moral decision.

I don't care why people change their ways... Surely it's the end result that counts?
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • finchy
    johnfinch wrote:
    andyp wrote:

I don't care why people change their ways... Surely it's the end result that counts?

Yes, me too. I'm glad that they appear to have changed even if it was forced.

My point is that if they can change their ways due to external pressures, and I imagine that most people would be happy for them to work with Sky, then the same could go for Yates. He's an employee, and as such will have to go along with an anti-doping culture, if such a culture is genuinely prevalent in BC.
  • finchy
    eh wrote:
    And there have been plenty of rumours about other coaching staff and riders at BC over the years.

Do these rumours have any substance to them? I've never heard them myself, so I can't really judge, but do you have any BikingBernie-style evidence - quotes from insiders, experts etc.?
  • Kimmage has a halo stuck up his arse.
  • finchy
    storygp wrote:
    Kimmage has a halo stuck up his ars*.

Could think of worse things to have stuck up there.