uk steel hardtails

2»

Comments

• Thought I'd type my first post today on the Forums, and the ideal topic for me to type a first post about (does the screen-name give it away :P )

Hey blister pus, good to meet a fellow sirius r853 pre-orderer - I was certain there would be more than one in England :wink:

I too read Stuart's email with a mixture of shock, concern and then gratitude and, as you say, to value our pre-orders like that is such a gracious thing to do!

One thing though (and I hope I'm not going off-topic too much here): Has he given you a time-frame of 'Mid December' for us to hear of the frames reaching the Pipedream warehouse in S.Wales - this is what he told me and I just wondered if its similar to his information he'd given you?

Also, one quick point: if anyone goes onto the Pipe'Cycles site, you will see new colour choices for the Sirius and amongst them, Pearl Copper and Gold; both look very similar to the new colour schemes of Empresso and Builder's Tea Cotic have chosen for both the Soul and Simple frames...surely, the whisperings about the Sirius and two Cotic frames being painted in the same factory as each other can't be true! :o

SSteely:Tom
    It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and I'm all outta gum!
  • blister pus
    blister pus Posts: 5,780
    Hey SSteely:Tom, likewise, nice to hear from a fellow pre-orderer :)

Yes, as far as I'm aware that date is good (he actually said 'early December') but you never know. :P
  • blister pus
    I've just noticed the pipedream site has updated - I also noticed the 'adjusted' price on the new frame.
  • Thanks b.p, that's comforting to know that you've received a similar time frame

Still, these things mustn't be rushed: all good things an all that eh :wink:

Yeah, that 'adjusted' price is still low, but to think that when I preordered way back in September and I thought that the 725 Reynolds would be fantastic for the money, but then to hear of CEN regulation changes that, in part, meant that waiting just that little bit longer got you a tubeset reserved for the frame-fabricator elite...well, I can't explain it really (although that £70 saving over RRP is lovely :lol: ) and, as you said b.p, I don't wanna disturb anything 8)

BTW, just have to ask: what colour scheme did you choose originally when you preordered? Stuart did mention I could combine my current choice of the 'Bling Ti' with another of their up-and-coming schemes with the custom 'Panel' design, but I wanted to keep it as understated as possible - don't Cotic give customers choice of the decal design when ordering?

Pleased I'm on here now - although, all this talk before the frame even comes through could be considered unhealthy :P

• blister pus
    I can't tell you. It's secret.

But it's the same as yours for the same reasons

which has just pissed me off no end. :mrgreen:
  • Don't feel peeved that we both chose that scheme for the same reasons;its the significance that we share a sense of refinement in our colour palletes eh b.p :wink:

Oh and...

:oops: I'll try not to make a habit of generating jealousy or envy in you (or anyone on here) again :wink::lol:

I've been mentioning my progress with the (admittedly) yet-to-begin personalised build of mine to the guys at work over the weeks, and today actually they said "had I seen any progress with the new design yet?"

It was something that I'd completely forgotten to check on: have you seen the images of the 'prototype' frame on the site at the mo - its mentioned in the news-reel but wasn't there yesterday, I'm sure of it :? Still...don't it look all purdy and sliding-dropout-y :D

I promise the train-of-thought of this whole thread will be re-railed by myself very soon :wink:

• blister pus
    Don't feel peeved that we both chose that scheme for the same reasons;its the significance that we share a sense of refinement in our colour palletes eh b.p :wink:
    I've got a silver coloured bike at the moment and like it so I didn't stray too far from the tree really. :)
    Oh and...

:oops: I'll try not to make a habit of generating jealousy or envy in you (or anyone on here) again :wink::lol:
    eh. not quite sure how you'd be going about doing that.
    I've been mentioning my progress with the (admittedly) yet-to-begin personalised build of mine to the guys at work over the weeks, and today actually they said "had I seen any progress with the new design yet?"
    Identical design, different tubing, except.....
    It was something that I'd completely forgotten to check on: have you seen the images of the 'prototype' frame on the site at the mo - its mentioned in the news-reel but wasn't there yesterday, I'm sure of it :?
    sliding and regular drop outs for the first run. So you are buying a first run with a sliding drop out addition. I liked this idea of having both and took the gamble, it's no accident the first run is at a reduced price. ;) ...however, having said that and seen the old 631 version I'm fully expecting everything to work out just fine.
    I promise the train-of-thought of this whole thread will be re-railed by myself very soon :wink:
    Don't worry about it, you've probably waited a dogs age for the frame to drop like me, you sound excited. I went the other way and have lost interest in it and will now probably hate it when it arrives. 8)
  • blister pus
    Okie dok, SST. Checked out the prototype pics and then had it confirmed, design has actually changed (through necessity), specifically at the rear. Drop me a pm if you want more detail.