Flandis

2»

Comments

• moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    More hot air.
    Flandis will not enhance Shack's Tour credentials, therefore it's just the usual pot stirring.
    Not to mention the fact that he can't keep up anymore.
    Still, he certainly fits in with the team demographic.

I think Lance revels in this you know, he flings a wee comment out there and he always gets a few bites .
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    Moray Gub wrote:
    More hot air.
    Flandis will not enhance Shack's Tour credentials, therefore it's just the usual pot stirring.
    Not to mention the fact that he can't keep up anymore.
    Still, he certainly fits in with the team demographic.

I think Lance revels in this you know, he flings a wee comment out there and he always gets a few bites .

Like the old saying - "he who makes you angry, contols you".
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Moray Gub wrote:

Oh, I see, so he's some kind of comedy genius. Good get out of jail free card for you there, eh, MG? "We'll, he's obviously just winding everyone up"
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Ah but I'm with MG on this one.
    Assuming that the Shack have already had the Tour nod, what better way that to irritate Pierre B and the lab boys, L'Equipe etc, than to throw this red herring out there?

The way FLandis is now riding, he'd just be excess baggage that gives off a bad odor.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • moray_gub
    iainf72 wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:

Oh, I see, so he's some kind of comedy genius. Good get out of jail free card for you there, eh, MG? "We'll, he's obviously just winding everyone up"

Got a live one here ...........
  • moray_gub
    Moray Gub wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:

anyway Iain while we are here does Landis differ much if at all from your favourite Basso both convicted dopers neither of which admitted it indeed you could argue Basso coming out with the old i wasnt going to dope line was even more prepsoterous than Landis was. For me they are two peas from the same pod.
  • iainf72
    Moray Gub wrote:

anyway Iain while we are here does Landis differ much if at all from your favourite Basso both convicted dopers neither of which admitted it indeed you could argue Basso coming out with the old i wasnt going to dope line was even more prepsoterous than Landis was. For me they are two peas from the same pod.

Indeed - The difference is that Basso is trying to show he's doing it properly now and what not.

I still think Landis ride to Morzine was brilliant regardless of how it was achieved.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    iainf72 wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:

Comedian? Sounds more like one of these:

_files_troll_2.jpg
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    It was such a tragedy that his father-in-law committed suicide so soon after his suspicious results.
  • iainf72
    Nearly signed to Rock Racing, if they get a Pro Conti licence.
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    iainf72 wrote:
    Nearly signed to Rock Racing, if they get a Pro Conti licence.

what kind of races will Landis get into? maybe still stuck in USA? No way will shack take him...
  • iainf72
    Rock did a fair bit of racing in Spain this year and with a pro-conti licence they'll be able to compete in Europe. Floyd wants to race in Europe which is part of his reason for moving from OUCH.
  • iainf72
    Floyds "Planning something that will change the cycling world forever in 2010"

Hairy legs?

Talky talky?

Who knows, eh?
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    iainf72 wrote:
    Floyds "Planning something that will change the cycling world forever in 2010"

Hairy legs?

Talky talky?

Who knows, eh?

Shack have really Pd him off....

I think talky talky

5 days ago FL tweeted :arrow:

Today, on my ride, I had some very interesting thoughts. I was laughing so hard that I just turned around, went home and started writing
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    iainf72 wrote:
    Talky talky?

Who knows, eh?
    A picture speaks a thousand words...

"Motorcycle – refrigerated panniers. On the rest day. Floyd has a photo of the thing." - Jonathan Vaughters:
  • iainf72
    Kléber wrote:

Who knows, eh?
    A picture speaks a thousand words...

"Motorcycle – refrigerated panniers. On the rest day. Floyd has a photo of the thing." - Jonathan Vaughters:[/quote]

I think Floyd or Tyler probably hold the key to a lot of things. We'll see I guess. Probably be nothing at all.
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Certainly their biographies could be worth a fortune, especially if they have a story to tell and some evidence to back it up. But I suspect some interests, like Nike, Oakley or the other big businesses associated with The Myth* would be happy to buy the rights to their books and leave any draft manuscript lingering in a dusty bank vault.

* a powerful story and if it works for you or motivates others, great. Lots of inspirational stories aren't totally accurate, from the Bible to sporting comebacks. But there's no need to spend the next 10 pages debating things.
  • Jez mon
    Jez mon Posts: 3,809
    Kléber wrote:
    Certainly their biographies could be worth a fortune, especially if they have a story to tell and some evidence to back it up. But I suspect some interests, like Nike, Oakley or the other big businesses associated with The Myth* would be happy to buy the rights to their books and leave any draft manuscript lingering in a dusty bank vault.

* a powerful story and if it works for you or motivates others, great. Lots of inspirational stories aren't totally accurate, from the Bible to sporting comebacks. But there's no need to spend the next 10 pages debating things.

TBH I would think Floyd would just take the money from the aforementioned "interests" after all, how much would the book actually make? I can't imagine that it would have widescale popularity outside of cycling, writing It would require effort too. However, it would cause lots of damage, to Lance, and probably (as much as I don't want to admit it) to pro cycling itself. On balance I would think he would get more money for less work by not publishing a warts and all story.
    You live and learn. At any rate, you live
  • shinyhelmut
    shinyhelmut Posts: 1,364
    It would be a brave and/or rich man to take on LA's lawyers and publish a warts and all memoir, although they do usually end up settling out of court.