SLX Gear levers
xtr Cassette and kmc chain

Formula The One OEM Front Post mount 180mm & Rear IS with shimano 160mm adapter
formula 6 bolt 180mm rotor front & hope 6 bolt 160mm rotor rear
Pedals: wellgo b25 flat pedals with a mix of gusset slim jim xl pins

Seat: fizik aliante
Seat Post: KCNC T4R Layback Seat Post 27.2mm 350mm
Seat Post Clamp: 30mm chromag qr blue

Wheels: crc custom built same for front and rear.
notubes stans ztr flow rims with hope pro 2 hubs gunsmoke
DT Swiss Wheels Spokes Competition Stainless DB Black 2mm-1.8mm
DT Swiss Wheels Nipples Nipple Upgrade Brass Pro-lock Black
notubes stans 25mm rim tape

Tyres: maxxis highroller 2.35 ust
Tubes: n/a
Skewers: hope qr black steel

Comments

• Whytepeak
    Whytepeak Posts: 2,616
    Very nice, :D , though not sure that intense micros are the best winter tyre :lol:
    Now that we are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak and not to please ourselves. ROMANS 15:1
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    nice. what's it like with 150mm forks?
  • Very Nice, really like sky blue bikes.
    Santa Cruz Chameleon
    Orange Alpine 160
  • Very nice frame/build. Loving that colour!!!!! ;)
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    niceeee, not as nice as my black one tho :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

speaking of which its getting a few upgrades soon :D
  • Me likey much. :D

May I be cheeky and ask roughly how much it cost in total?

I am another who would like to know how it rides on 150mm forks too.
  • bobpzero
    bobpzero Posts: 1,431
    edited June 2010
    dont know what its like with 150mm forks as i havent thrashed it yet tho ill tell you once i have learnt how to set up the forks properly :D hopefully this thursday

hmmm upgrades
  • lawman
    mines got all xt stuff atm, but crappy tora and maggura brakes, so theyll be up graded to some revelation maxle lites and elixer 5's, and im getting fed up with servicing shimano hubs every 5 minutes so im buying some pro2's off a mate :D

that blue does look really nice tho, white cables tho for pimp factor :wink:
  • El Capitano
    El Capitano Posts: 6,401
    Thats a nice build.
  • bobpzero
    edited June 2010
    pedals & mtb flat shoes to get for trail riding so some shimano am40 mtb shoes and a pair of wellgo flat pedals
  • bobpzero wrote:
    my bicycle with mud guards and all the rest sorted i think, well except for the pedals & mtb shoes to get for trail riding so some five 10 mtb shoes and a pair of flat pedals last on the list.
    4115530326_109ab9e992_o.jpg
    yea the rear mud guard is probably too close. tho is the front one alrighty?

I have the same guards, took them straight off, its hashed the look big time, such a nice bike too! soory it just dosent look right here apart from that very lush!
  • bobpzero
    being splattered all over with mud looks better :? :lol: :?
  • lawman
    take those mudguards off man, sacilige :lol:

man up and take the mud in the face :P
  • bobpzero
    oh ok, the wind will probably be so strong that the flinging mud will go sideways :wink:
  • bobpzero
    edited June 2010
    well there you go, mud guards off, flat pedals on.
  • bobpzero
    edited June 2010
    finally proper ride out in a forest tho put the micro knobbys back on which worked well enough. so a bit of squishy dead pine needles, fine hardpack gravel, rough gravel and sticky liquid mud major fun.
    the deore xt qr skewers are back on.
    4139145802_c3e86ecc62.jpg
    part of trail
  • ramemtbers
    ramemtbers Posts: 1,562
    looks nice. i like the setup.
  • bobpzero
    lawman wrote:
    im getting fed up with servicing shimano hubs every 5 minutes so im buying some pro2's off a mate :D

should i been worried about my shimano deore xt hubs?
  • lawman
    bobpzero wrote:
    lawman wrote:
    im getting fed up with servicing shimano hubs every 5 minutes so im buying some pro2's off a mate :D

should i been worried about my shimano deore xt hubs?

depends how often you ride tbh i ride 3 times a week in all conditions and they can get abit rough after few months. if you dont mind taking them apart and cleaning them up every so often its ok, but for a lazy git like me its a pain
  • bobpzero
    edited December 2009
    got a troute lumen liberator "forgetting the hype with losses in the system it will be more like 1600 lumens" . To add to the number of those in the uk to own a troutelight.
    with a 4hr on high, battery.
    4197580749_f57e6e1b04.jpg
    cost £310 for light, battery & recharger bits and £10 for p&p
    4197580461_e64e246175_o.jpg
    the clamp setup is designed for 31.8mm bars so i put a extra rubber strip needed with the shim provided as my bars were 25.4mm
    4197580945_31dceaa0a3_o.jpg
    and a size comparison to a Romisen RC-T5 4-Cree
    4198334130_9c75c3052c_o.jpg
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    cool. i always thought that putting the battery in the bottel is a neat idea
  • bobpzero
    edited May 2010
    night time snow/slush riding
  • bobpzero
    edited June 2010
    so got a 610mm raceface next sl low riser 08 bar, hopefully the 6cm increase will be enough as i thought 11cm increase would be a bit too much.
  • That's nice :D

Just watch those Intense tyres - they have a habit of delaminating - not personal experience but someone I know has had 2 go quite early in their life.
    I hate it when people say David Beckham's stupid...its not like anyone ever says: 'Stephen Hawking - he's s**t at football.' Paul Calf
  • bobpzero
    ahright, no problems with tyres so far about 240miles done, mixing between the micro knobbys and the xc system4 tyres. trails in northern ireland are small "mickey mouse circuits", only a few nearby and any single track is ripped up by the moto-cross boys, so im usually on the road most of the time.
  • Steve_b77
    Steve_b77 Posts: 1,680
    Just don't get it if I'm honest.

Narrow light weight carbon bars, XC frame, 150mm forks right mishmash of ideas thrown at one bike.

Loose the stickers too, way too many, looks like a Saxo with door stickers
  • lawman
    i guess its down to preference, atm im runnig widish 670mm bars but a 100mm stem with the same frame, tyres and forks as bob. just down to what you like. i think the best setup is an 80mm and and 700ish bars which ill be switching too shortly :D
  • Steve_b77
    Steve_b77 Posts: 1,680
    Just curious as to the choice of forks when according to THIS the frame is designed to accomodate 100-130mm forks, much like a Cove Handjob.

Do the big forks invalidate the warranty?

Is the frame even strong enough to cope?
  • lawman
    not that i know of, the frame is plenty strong enough, ive heard of guys running these frame with 36's and pikes with no probs, plus i think bob is only runnig them at 140mm, which i am. id be interested to measure the headangle on my bike as i reckon its more like 67-68 degrees rather than the 69.5 quoted, which makes sence cos of the longer fork
  • bobpzero
    edited July 2010
    4410762204_e79b993789_o.jpg
    new formula the one oem disc brakes with 180mm rotors f & r. i can get the front one to run drag free but the rear one rubs a bit.
    hoses shortened and disc brakes fitted by crc as formula would probably invalidate warranty and stuff :D