If you could eliminate one rider from Pro Cycling...

frenchfighter
frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
edited November 2009 in Pro race
...who would it be?

This poll was asked recently and the results (although not yet finshed) were quite interesting.

The following were the contenders:

Michael Rasmussen

Alexander Vinokorouv

Ivan Basso

Riccardo Ricco

Danilo Di Luca

Stefan Schumacher

Thomas Dekker

Tom Boonen

Who do you think is topping the list?!

Only 150 or so people have voted so not exactly a representative sample.
Contador is the Greatest

Comments

• neilo23
    neilo23 Posts: 783
    Vino? My guess. Find him somehow unsympathetic.
  • stefrees
    stefrees Posts: 137
    ...who would it be?

This poll was asked recently and the results (although not yet finshed) were quite interesting.

Michael Rasmussen

Alexander Vinokorouv

Ivan Basso

Riccardo Ricco

Danilo Di Luca

Stefan Schumacher

Thomas Dekker

Tom Boonen

Why are we restricted to those choices? out of those there is no stand out-id happily see ricco, schumacher, vino, rebellin etc eliminated for what theyve done. but the standout by a mile id what eliminated is armstrong.
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    stefrees wrote:
    ...who would it be?

Michael Rasmussen

Alexander Vinokorouv

Ivan Basso

Riccardo Ricco

Danilo Di Luca

Stefan Schumacher

Thomas Dekker

Tom Boonen

Why are we restricted to those choices? .

Bit unfair on Tom Boonen being included in this list as like Armstrong he hasnt had doping violations .
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    From that list, I'd go with Ricco.

If the list was open (and don't hate me for saying this), I'd eliminate Contador. Why? Because he's so good that the Tour is almost a forgone conclusion with him riding it. Without him, it would be an open and interesting race again.
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    With the exception of Boonen, can I vote for all of them?
  • Floyd Landis :twisted:
  • friso
    friso Posts: 107
    Hi, cant believe that no one has voted for Cadel Evans

As good as a rider he is he acts like a spoilt brat if he doesn't get his way
  • Floyd Landis :twisted:

Haha - this guy gives me the creeps!

I don't feel particularly strongly about any of the riders listed although DDL's attitude stinks. I guess if I had to choose one rider it would be Lance as he has a negative influence on my viewing enjoyment, incites unreasonable reactions from some people and has attention far out of proportion to his current achievements to the detriment of deserving riders.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • I wouldn't get rid of Armstrong, he's far too interesting.

Stefan Schumacher - only an alien could have a head like that and beating chinny the way he did, never believed it for one minute
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Man, why are you all so down on Ricco? He said he'd come back with humility! Although for all I know "humility" might be the 4th generation EPO or something.
  • moray_gub
    Floyd Landis :twisted:

Haha - this guy gives me the creeps!

I don't feel particularly strongly about any of the riders listed although DDL's attitude stinks. I guess if I had to choose one rider it would be Lance as he has a negative influence on my viewing enjoyment, incites unreasonable reactions from some people and has attention far out of proportion to his current achievements to the detriment of deserving riders.

Objective acheived for you, you are so predictable you have now got the thread where you wanted it to go when you started it. He is a 7 time TDF winner ffs what sort of attention do you think he was going to get ?
  • nolf
    nolf Posts: 1,287
    I'd get rid of people randomly.
    Like have a phone in competition at each tour and winner gets to pick a rider to kick out, but must justify it using humour and wit.

Make the vuelta more interesting at least...
    "I hold it true, what'er befall;
    I feel it, when I sorrow most;
    'Tis better to have loved and lost;
    Than never to have loved at all."

Alfred Tennyson
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,871
    ok I'll play

top of the list: joint first prize

train_wreck_1895_2.jpg

Michael Rasmussen=train wrecked the tour

Alexander Vinokorouv =train wrecked the tour

Ricco is an unklikable tosser but at least he never really made any bones about it.... sort of an extra bratish virenque... didn't like him either.. show boating twatdom

DDL_nasty nasty.....

Ivan Basso.. who cares never going to win anything ever again anyway

Thomas Dekker who cares never going to win anything ever again anyway

Stefan Schumacher who cares never going to win anything ever again anyway

Tom Boonen shouldn't be on list... different type of human being altogether and that has nothing to do with whether he takes PEDs or Rec Ds
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    from the list you post, including you, I'd remove your username from bikeradar forums"frenchfighter" :
  • moray_gub
    Dave_1 wrote:
    from the list you post, including you, I'd remove your username from bikeradar forums"frenchfighter" :

:lol: hey thats an idea we could start a new thread about who you would like eliminated from the Pro Race section or just eliminated :lol:
  • moray_gub
    ok I'll play

Tom Boonen shouldn't be on list... different type of human being altogether and that has nothing to do with whether he takes PEDs or Rec Ds

Boonen should not be on the list but to say he is a different human being is just plain silly.This is cheating at sport we are talking about here not serial killers
  • dave_1
    Moray Gub wrote:
    Dave_1 wrote:

:lol: hey thats an idea we could start a new thread about who you would like eliminated from the Pro Race section or just eliminated :lol:

this thread...really again simply another go at Armstrong........near to best triathlete in the world by 15 then becomes world class pro cyclist!! shocker!!!. Who'd have thunk it!!!?
    You can also imagine what financial loss making race organisers some of would make with their excluding Armstrong idea...he keeps races alive and interest in the sport- eg press acreditions being one measure...pictures of bike racing in mags.news and on TV even if it's LAs face in them...like him or hate him LA makes cycling the medium for his own ego-race benefits! Even Contador said a month back he was glad LA came to the TDF in 09...put the sporlight on AC's win..amazing how people on here haven't worked through that very thought process even Contador explains
  • This is another thread against LA?

Well, everyone has managed to either stick to the list or mention someone else, except for frenchie, Moray (who else) and, of course Dave, who is still banging on about the triathlon, that anybody who has read book 1, will know all about.

Try and tone down the obssession guys.

I agree with MG, no place for Boonan amongst this shady bunch.
    If I had to pick, I'd go for SS as the German's are a lost cause, regarding this doping lark.
    Most of the others are interesting characters, at least.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Hi, cant believe that no one has voted for Cadel Evans
    +1
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    edited November 2009
    Dave you make a TOTALLY wrong assumption about me wanting to talk about Lance. You only need to look at other members and other threads to see who creates the Lance incitement.

You don't need to go far: Lemond vs Trek suit. You and the typical others are on there about LA - NOT ME.

Go through the last 200 or so posts of mine and see how many of them are about LA - you will find very few.

Unbelievable.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • The results as they stand are:

Michael Rasmussen 23 (11%)

Alexander Vinokorouv 88 (45%)

Ivan Basso 6 (3%)

Riccardo Ricco 27 (13%)

Danilo Di Luca 18 (9%)

Stefan Schumacher 19 (9%)

Thomas Dekker 5 (2%)

Tom Boonen 7 (3%)
    Contador is the Greatest
  • dave_1
    This is another thread against LA?

Well, everyone has managed to either stick to the list or mention someone else, except for frenchie, Moray (who else) and, of course Dave, who is still banging on about the triathlon, that anybody who has read book 1, will know all about.

Try and tone down the obssession guys.

I agree with MG, no place for Boonan amongst this shady bunch.
    If I had to pick, I'd go for SS as the German's are a lost cause, regarding this doping lark.
    Most of the others are interesting characters, at least.

well, here's the deal...people stop banging on about EPO use to win the big races and I'll stop banging on about how it takes a talented athlete to win big races
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    edited November 2009
    I wonder why almost half the voters want to get rid of Vino? :roll:
    Fairly predictable given the probable demographic of the voters.
    Dave_1 wrote:

well, here's the deal...people stop banging on about EPO use to win the big races and I'll stop banging on about how it takes a talented athlete to win big races

Again. Where's the banging on about EPO in this thread, other than from you?

Why not simply start a thread on LA being the most naturally gifted rider on the planet and take it over there?
    I'm sure it will attract the desired attention and debate.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • AND FURTHER MORE, MY COMMENTS ABOUT LANCE IN NO WAY RELATED TO HIS PAST OR TO DOPING. YOU ARE SO SO SO WRONG. SAD.

Maybe you should try creating some interesting threads like me rather than spouting the same old stuff.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Vino
    Vino Posts: 184
    EEs a very sad thing that you are not liking the Calves.

I do not care for your distaste for I am Vino and I haf Calves and Glory will be mine in 2010.

Best team and best riders. Also i take your womens who are happy to give themselves to the Calves

AVE Calves
  • mididoctors
    Moray Gub wrote:
    ok I'll play

Boonen should not be on the list but to say he is a different human being is just plain silly.This is cheating at sport we are talking about here not serial killers

plain silly on the internet...

surely not

sorry didn't realise the thread was serious business
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • moray_gub
    AND FURTHER MORE, MY COMMENTS ABOUT LANCE IN NO WAY RELATED TO HIS PAST OR TO DOPING. YOU ARE SO SO SO WRONG. SAD.

Maybe you should try creating some interesting threads like me rather than spouting the same old stuff.

This whole thread was started by you for one reason and one reason only to have a pop at LA you knew thats the way it would eventually go dont try and dress it up as something it isnt. You want to have a pop at him fine but the way you go about it is so transparent I said to you previously stick to the pix bud its what you are good at when you debate cycling issues you come across like a primary school kid drooling over his raleigh grifter.
  • moray_gub
    Dave you make a TOTALLY wrong assumption about me wanting to talk about Lance. You only need to look at other members and other threads to see who creates the Lance incitement.

You don't need to go far: Lemond vs Trek suit. You and the typical others are on there about LA - NOT ME.

Mmm could have sworn you posted on that thread as well.
  • mididoctors
    Moray Gub wrote:
    AND FURTHER MORE, MY COMMENTS ABOUT LANCE IN NO WAY RELATED TO HIS PAST OR TO DOPING. YOU ARE SO SO SO WRONG. SAD.

This whole thread was started by you for one reason and one reason only to have a pop at LA you knew thats the way it would eventually go dont try and dress it up as something it isnt. You want to have a pop at him fine but the way you go about it is so transparent I said to you previously stick to the pix bud its what you are good at when you debate cycling issues you come across like a primary school kid drooling over his raleigh grifter.

well you helped him out there then...