Wiggle rant - and still no Haribos!!!!

Raymondavalon
Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
edited March 2010 in MTB general
So, being a phat bastid at 210LBS, my Juicy 3 brakes tend to get thermonuclear when I get overly zealous with the brakes

Wiggle had some Avid Code 5's on special, so I bought a 203mm for the front and 185mm for the rear. Of course Wiggle in all their wisdom decide to send me the front brake with a post mount when my Pike forks are in fact IS.
On the Wiggle site it does show an IS mount, so I "assumed" it was an IS mount. There is absolutely no mention on Wiggle's site regarding an IS or Post option unlike CRC who do have them under different part codes
The rear brake came with a 185mm IS mount, so a result there.
Fortunately I do have a spare 203mm mount, although it's a Shimano part I know it'll do the job.

I can live with minor errors in an order but the biggest annoyance has to be that I got no Haribos! This is my 3rd order on the trot from Wiggle without receiving any goodies like bottle opener keyrings or Haribos! What's going with them? Are they trying to give CRC my business?

Comments

• Eranu
    Eranu Posts: 712
    3 orders this week....loads of haribos :)
  • Eranu wrote:
    3 orders this week....loads of haribos :)

You're seriously trying to wind me up, right?
  • Received an order a couple of days back - Haribo-tastic! :lol:

In fact, I've got a wee stock pile of goodies from Wiggle that I've received over the years!
    Winter: Moda Nocturne
    Road: Cervelo R3
    'Cross: Ridley X-Night
    Commuter: Genesis Day One
  • pte1643
    pte1643 Posts: 518
    Tesco's + Pounds Sterling = Haribo's.

Simples. :wink:
  • Right, off to CRC to please me another revenge order..
    Why do I get the impression this is a "lose-lose situation"?
    Oh, supermarket Haribos just aren't the same as Wiggle's [so ****ing called] freebies
  • Dazzza
    Dazzza Posts: 2,364
    Just to cheer you up i bought some car wash from i4 detailing and what did i get?

HARIBOS!!! :lol:

Sorry just had to rub it in. ;)
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
    Giant Anthem X
  • turnerjohn
    turnerjohn Posts: 1,069
    Broonster wrote:
    Received an order a couple of days back - Haribo-tastic! :lol:

In fact, I've got a wee stock pile of goodies from Wiggle that I've received over the years!

+1 ! sorry dude looks like they must have run out on your order. To be far wiggle have been good in the past with order issues, send them an email and see what they say...can't hurt !
  • I didn't even order anything and they sent me Haribos!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Marin
    SS Inbred
    Mongoose Teocali Super
  • SPIRO
    SPIRO Posts: 200
    So, being a phat bastid at 210LBS....

Pah...is that all....lightweight! :D Some of us are rocking 220lbs :oops: . Joking aside I've got 203/185mm setup on my bike, overheating brakes are a thing of the past
  • SPIRO wrote:
    Pah...is that all....lightweight! :D Some of us are rocking 220lbs :oops: . Joking aside I've got 203/185mm setup on my bike, overheating brakes are a thing of the past

Hehe, ironically I did a 203mm upgrade up front and retrofitted the 185mm to the rear.
    Sadly the limitation is the Juicy 3 squeezers, I am quite confident the 4 pot Codes will bring me to an abrupt but controlled stop without the the added smell of hot calipers.
  • Eranu
    Eranu Posts: 712
    You're seriously trying to wind me up, right?

Nope :) I've always got haribos or a bottle opener from them. Not had a bottle opener for a while though.
  • SPIRO wrote:

try 240lbs and 160 on each :shock: Really need to go up to the 185 front me thinks
    Start Weight 18st 13lbs March 2009
    17st 10lbs August 2009
    17st 4lbs October 2009
    15st 12lbs December 2010

Final planned weight 12st 7lbs
  • El Capitano
    El Capitano Posts: 6,401
    Erm, I get Haribos with every order I've placed with Wiggle. Problem I have is that as a diabetic, I can't eat them and have to force-feed them to the kids...
  • SPIRO wrote:

i'm around 230-235lb so feck you allll :D
  • Every order I've received have Haribo's in :lol:

Although even as a platinum customer never had a bottle opener.
  • El Capitano
    El Capitano Posts: 6,401

I had a multi-tool, not a bad quality one either.
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Mine came through very quick with harribos, check out my UPS thread for the problem but it wasn't wiggles fault. I didn't know you got harribos, it was a welcome surprise!
  • M6TTF
    M6TTF Posts: 602
    never had a single goodie from wiggle :(
  • i got my order from wiggle on friday ate the haribos and sent the item back yesterday. to be honest theyre abit sh1te and the bottle opener wasnt much cop either. i heard the wiggle torch was a good freebie, but i havent had 1 yet.
  • chuckd
    chuckd Posts: 105
    I even ordered a Focus Black Forest Expert (£874) and no Haribos....I was none to pleased :evil:
  • scale20
    scale20 Posts: 1,300
    Every order I've received have Haribo's in :lol:

There was a thread about this a few months back I sent someone on here a wiggle bottle opener, I've had loads. If I find one you can have it :lol::lol::lol:

I'm not sure how they determine what order gets the haribo's. I have spent a couple of quid on an order and got a packet, yet I've spent a couple of hundred and got nothing :?

Could be worth an email to wiggle to find out how you qualify :roll:
    Niner Air 9 Rigid
    Whyte 129S 29er.
  • Wiggle torch and multitools?
    You guys are trying to upset me now! :wink:
    I did get a multitool and a pedal wrench with the FS bike I bought from them last year, but I am certainly not going to order another bike just to get another multitool when I have the Crank Bros. and Topeak Alien 2 jobbies
    Now a Wiggle torch would be a welcome edition of useless tatt :¬P
  • I only spend £4.99 and i got a packet of Haribos :lol:
  • I've just placed an order for a single inner tube and also got it free (due to commission vouchers) and they still posted it free via courier and FREE HARIBOs too, hee hee :lol::D
  • Always get a freebe with my orders somtimes more than one packet
  • Craggers
    Craggers Posts: 185
    Right, off to CRC to please me another revenge order

Haha I like it....revenge and new stuff=win/win!
  • _Ferret_
    _Ferret_ Posts: 660
    don't really need anything at the moment but I might just place an order to see if it comes with Haribo...
    Not really active
  • Vegman
    Vegman Posts: 35
    Opening beer now, with free bottle opener... aiming for 200lbs 8)
    A bike..in my garage.....I MUST tinker.
  • Buckle
    Buckle Posts: 90
    My wiggle order arrived today without sweets. Got to remember the amount of orders they probably have to send out (running, swimmming etc - not just MTB). Maybe they just ran out..??

Having said that, the missus was a bit miffed - she normally pinches them...!
    :roll:
    Don't you just hate it when people ask rhetorical questions...
  • This is criminal.. I am so going to forward a link to Wiggle's management..
    Oh I got bottle openers, in fact have one on my desk.. but I haven't received one freebie from them this year and I've spent over £500 with them.