Top of the Trails

2»

Comments

• kangaroo
    kangaroo Posts: 1,199
    Kiblams wrote:
    Just out of curiousity; where would be the top of FTD? :P maybe the top of the sand? :?
    the highest point on FTD is the top of section 13 at 200m
    what are brakes for again
  • Kiblams
    Kiblams Posts: 2,423
    kangaroo wrote:
    Kiblams wrote:
    Just out of curiousity; where would be the top of FTD? :P maybe the top of the sand? :?
    the highest point on FTD is the top of section 13 at 200m

So just before the chasinslapper then? Seems about right, is a shame you have to go down the fireroad afterwards though, could be a nice bit of descent singletrack there instead surely?
  • kangaroo
    actually the contour line of 200m runs across the end of section 12 and the start of 13 (chainslapper)

look out for a new trail opening next Easter, instead of 13-16, it will be one long downhill to birches valley (or so im told) but will run down the other side of the road to 13
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    if it only starts at 200m, then it can't be that long a downhill, surely?
  • Hercule Q
    Hercule Q Posts: 2,781
    200m :shock: i live by the sea and one of the cliffs is that high

EDIT: ok i exagerated they're 100 and something high but we have hills higher than 200 in the area

pinkbike
    Blurring the line between bravery and stupidity since 1986!
  • kangaroo
    nope its not that big a downhill and it only goes down to 130m, but for FTD standards thats a long stretch
  • dave_hill
    dave_hill Posts: 3,877
    this is me and my mate at the top of the deadwater trail at kielder.

Surely the most pointless bit of ascending in the history of mountain biking. What exactly is the idea of the bit from the top of Into the Valley up Skelly's Riggin? It's a fireroad climb followed by...a fireroad descent.

Fail.
    Give a home to a retired Greyhound. Tia Greyhound Rescue
    Help for Heroes
    JayPic
  • grumsta
    grumsta Posts: 994
    That fireroad climb seems to go on for ever and ever as well. There are a few little jumps and things on the descent but pretty much just a fire road.
  • ste0649 wrote:

Very true, this is the only decent spot for a piccy though :wink:

Fair enough, it does open up nearer the top but that is a better view, not a patch on the South Side though 8)
    08 Pitch Pro
    14 Kona Unit
    Kona Kula SS
    Trailstar SS
    94 Univega Alpina 5.3