Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • Coriander
    Coriander Posts: 1,326
    Cafewanda wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:
    Eating's cheating

If I want more than one drink I need food :oops:

.......... but I fully admit to being a lightweight when it comes to drinking :roll:

Me too (as the other night at the Morpeth amply demonstrated). :oops:

With me, it's an age thing.

:roll:
  • attica
    attica Posts: 2,362
    Cafewanda wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:
    Eating's cheating

.......... but I fully admit to being a lightweight :roll:

Fixed that for you ;-)

Is that a veiled compliment?
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • Attica wrote:
    Cafewanda wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:
    Eating's cheating

.......... but I fully admit to being a lightweight :roll:

Fixed that for you ;-)

Is that a veiled compliment?

It was meant more as a veiled joke about her diminutive stature, mind you I'm a fine one to talk ;-)
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    BJUK - you are so mischievious. You right though :oops:
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    I barely touch the stuff :roll:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • itboffin
    itboffin wrote:
    I barely touch the stuff :roll:

me neither...

I can recommend the Co-op Vina Gala rioja slurp :roll:
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    Hurrah! Might be able to make it after all. Leave in my line of work is a no-no at that time of year, but it looks like I'll be doing days that week (and I'll happily miss out on a bit of overtime to join you all) :)
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • i'm a little bit tipsy this evening so cant quite remember what i've just read, but i'm in whatever :D
    FCN 8 mainly
    FCN 4 sometimes
  • I have bad news peeps...
    Hi Olivia

I’ve been looking over room space in the bar and I’m not sure it’s going to be possible to seat you all.

The problem I have is that the day you want is going to be one of the busiest Fridays of the year. Looking at the floor plan I would need to reserve almost all of the downstairs tables. As you will appreciate The Morpeth has a strong ‘regulars’ trade that I need to look after also and reserving so many tables would cause too much disruption to regular trade.

When we spoke on the phone I originally agreed to reserve tables in the bar but on reflection, your group is too large for me to be able to provide the service and atmosphere desired. I apologies if this has disappointed you but I would rather be honest now than have an evening spoilt.

I am however very keen to look after you and your party especially as you are re-booking from last year. Therefore I would like to suggest the following;

You originally spoke about the upstairs lounge (now called The Spying Room!) I still have some evening dates left for upstairs, 14th, and 15th, 16th and Friday 18th or Wed 9th from the previous week. If you are able to move your date I can offer you The Spying Room exclusively with no hire charge and will also provide a bottle of wine for every 4 guests that attend for the buffet.

I’ve spoken to our Chef and he remembers your buffet from last year so no problem there. I will also honor the price you paid last year of £10.00 per person.

Please let me know your thoughts
  • First thought: TORCH THE JOINT!

Having calmed down, is the 18th a no-go for too many people to be worthwhile?

If so, I'd favour the 16th.
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • attica
    attica Posts: 2,362
    How aboput a poll - I know they've been done to death but we haven't considered these dates yet
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Ratbags. Think I can do any of the days in the last week - my work do is on the 17th.
    The beauty of the friday, I guess, was that it made it slightly easier for the out-of-towners that were planning to come.
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • Coriander
    Coriander Posts: 1,326
    Attica wrote:
    How aboput a poll - I know they've been done to death but we haven't considered these dates yet

+1. Seems the sensible way to proceed.
  • linsen
    linsen Posts: 1,959
    There is no way on earth I will be able to make a midweek thingy, but don't let that influence proceedings
    Emerging from under a big black cloud. All help welcome
  • itboffin
    Whoa! at first I was like, lets blow this joint man, then I like read the whole email and now i'm like er cool man, free wine, no booking fee and 2008 prices - count me in cats

:D
  • Just remember we have to wrap IP with a bow and stick him under the mistletoe as thanks :D
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Just remember we have to wrap IP with a bow and stick him under the mistletoe as thanks :D

Thin ice, MM, thin Ice... :shock:
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    I can do 14th, 15th, 16th, but not 18th (work Xmas do - and I bet I'm not the only one). 9th Is uncertain.

I want Linds to come. Will someone offer to call in a b0mb ho4x at her school?

(this is a JOKE for any whistleblowers who may be reading)