Sky Friday

Comments

• Garmin are holding out for a jui$y settlement. James Murdoch will probably end up digging into his wallet and paying over the odds for Wiggo before the 23rd.

As of Procycling Mag's credible source :roll:
  • wicked
    wicked Posts: 844
    This is just getting ridiculous now, GET ON WITH IT!
    It’s the most beautiful sport in the world but it’s governed by ***ts who have turned it into a crock of ****.
  • samb01 wrote:

Indeed, it is Reading's very own Dario Cioni it seems.

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/latest/429706/dario-cioni-set-to-join-team-sky.html

Fits the bill as at GT domestique and crucially Italian.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Very good LD !! Sooo true !

I should probably get an HD box - but dunno if I can be ar$ed waiting in for them....
  • Ordered mine on the Tuesday and the bloke was at the door by 9AM on the saturday. Fitted it and left within the hour too, couldn't fault him. Did leave the old reciever and cables all over the front yard though and never touched the cuppa I made him, however.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    Percy Vera wrote:
    I think Bradley Wiggins has signed.
    I just saw him leave Manchester Velodrome with Dave Brailsford with a Pinarello Bike and a Sky Dish and Box!!!

Are you for real?!?!

woooooooooossssshhhhhhhhhhhh..............
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • bikerZA
    bikerZA Posts: 314
    Percy Vera wrote:
    Percy Vera wrote:
    I think Bradley Wiggins has signed.
    I just saw him leave Manchester Velodrome with Dave Brailsford with a Pinarello Bike and a Sky Dish and Box!!!

Are you for real?!?!

No it was a mistake!
    He had a Pinarello, and the Sky Box but when Dave Brailsford went to the boot of his car he was all out of Sky Dishes.
    AndyRAC wrote:
    But was it a HD Box...????

No just the Standard Box, but it's written into his contract though than he will get a HD Box if he wins the Tour! :lol:
    Apparently it's in his contract that if he wins a World title next year, they'll give him free use of a Sky Installation Engineer's van for a whole season. That's pretty special.
  • It wont be Ed Clancy anyway as he has officially joined Marshalls Pasta along with Steven Burke and Andrew Tennant.
  • LangerDan wrote:
    Who's handling their press announcements? The Sky box installers?

Maybe it's a bizarre tribute to Samuel Becket: Waiting For Brailsford.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,178
    samb01 wrote:

Indeed, it is Reading's very own Dario Cioni it seems.

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/latest/429706/dario-cioni-set-to-join-team-sky.html

Fits the bill as at GT domestique and crucially Italian.

I remember there were a couple of Tours when him, Backstedt and McEwen were the 'British' riders.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • What a pile of horse **** this announcement turned out to be. Bloody Sky.

And why does my sky box keep switching itself off??? Bloody Sky
  • guv001
    guv001 Posts: 688
    What a pile of horse **** this announcement turned out to be. Bloody Sky.

And why does my sky box keep switching itself off??? Bloody Sky

I had this problem I think it was my handsfree phone that had its base station on top of the box, engineer told me to move it and it hasn't happened since (10 months ago).
  • Based on something I heard today, I would predict the following: Sastre to Garmin, then Wiggins to Sky.
    Essentially, Sky want Wiggins and no one else, even GC riders who have better track records than he does.
    Rightly or wrongly, they are apparently prepared to pay for the privelege, which means that, in the end, the money will talk.
    It's just a matter of how much and when.
  • ms_tree
    ms_tree Posts: 1,405
    I can think of only one thing to say about it all - yawn!!!
    'Google can bring back a hundred thousand answers. A librarian can bring you back the right one.'
    Neil Gaiman
  • SpaceJunk
    SpaceJunk Posts: 1,157
    Essentially, Sky want Wiggins and no one else, even GC riders who have better track records than he does.

I can't think of a GC contender who has a better palmares on the track than Wiggins. Who else could they be hanging out for???
  • moray_gub
    SpaceJunk wrote:

I can't think of a GC contender who has a better palmares on the track than Wiggins. Who else could they be hanging out for???

:lol:
  • I see Wiggo is following Team Sky News on his Twitter page - could be a typical Wiggins wind up but ya never know.......
    Cannondale Supersix / CAAD9 / Boardman 9.0 / Benotto 3000
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    I'm not sure which is worse - waiting for the SKY announcement - or waiting for the Contador decision. Both equally FUBAR.
  • Bhima
    Bhima Posts: 2,145
    So Dario Cioni was the BIG announcement then?

Wow. Amazing. :roll:
  • Which Friday was it, again? :oops:
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • pat1cp
    pat1cp Posts: 766
    When it was first announced that we were getting our very own, British, pro tour cycling team I was quite pleased, and well,, a bit excited.

But now, every time they "announce" something I just sit here doing this :roll: :roll: :roll:
    feeling a bit let down.

Think they're gonna struggle next year and will they get TDF invite ?? Don't know.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    I see Wiggo is following Team Sky News on his Twitter page - could be a typical Wiggins wind up but ya never know.......

Not the real team Twitter feed apparently... it's some guy off Pez.

Speaking of Twitter, Team Sky seem to be way behind the curve on this whole web 2.0 thing. Where is the communication with the fans? As far as I can tell, they don't even have a website yet - teamsky.com hasn't been registered and teamsky.co.uk has been domain-squatted. WTF?
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,162
    To be fair to them, they didn't make any announcements about last Friday, rather a couple of journalists, who might work for IPC, made some comments on their Twitter accounts and much speculation ensued.
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    Radioshack are also doing nowt, but there is a pretty good fanboy site already up and running

http://www.teamradioshack.us/

How come nobody is doing likewise for EBH and company?
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • moray_gub
    Timoid. wrote:
    Radioshack are also doing nowt, but there is a pretty good fanboy site already up and running

Learn to love me
    Assemble the ways
    Now, today, tomorrow and always
    My only weakness is a listed crime
    My only weakness is ... well, never mind, never mind

Oh, Fanboys of the world
    Unite and take over
    Fanboys of the world
  • Why is everyone whining about the lack of an announcement? They wanted to make an announcement last week but for whatever reason were not ready to. This is what happents sometimes. Do you expect them to cancel negotiations with whoever they were talking to and just sign anyone to make sure they can hit the Friday deadline! Come on guys, you are all intelligent people, have a little patience.

.... I hope they do get Wiggo though! :D
  • Bhima
    Bhima Posts: 2,145
    I thought there WAS an announcement... Dario Cioni?

:?
  • afx237vi wrote:
    I see Wiggo is following Team Sky News on his Twitter page - could be a typical Wiggins wind up but ya never know.......

Not the real team Twitter feed apparently... it's some guy off Pez.

Speaking of Twitter, Team Sky seem to be way behind the curve on this whole web 2.0 thing. Where is the communication with the fans? As far as I can tell, they don't even have a website yet - teamsky.com hasn't been registered and teamsky.co.uk has been domain-squatted. WTF?

Teamsky? Beware of East European imitations :D
  • Bhima wrote:
    I thought there WAS an announcement... Dario Cioni?

:?

The announcement was the final 6 or 7 riders for the roster. Unsurprisingly, due to Dario Cioni only being a single person, he is not the final 6!
  • Maybe it will be today, but then again....