NEw sport instead of MTBing

2»

Comments

• colintrav
    colintrav Posts: 1,074
    bone_idle wrote:
    Call of Duty Modern warfare 2 comes out next week !! that will do nicely and it dont need cleaning. And dont knock it till you try it online It will be Awsome. :D:D:D:D:D:D

So you rush home with the new game in hand to play the game ... and your burd asks

What do you do first ?? Play the game or service her ,
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    canada16 wrote:

Here its great.... It rains... Well I for one am not made out of sugar, so I am going to get some base layers on and get muddy as f%£$

ha ha brilliant :lol:

if you live in the vale then it's only a short drive to afan or cwmcarn and neither of them gets too wet to be rideable.just get yourself some good waterproofs :-) i go to the gym more in the winter aswell as, ahem, get the road bike out more (ducks for cover)
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Ducks for cover?
    I suppose it makes sense, water just runs off a duck, so if you build a shelter from them, then it would be very waterproof.

I can't imagine it would be very easy riding around, with a load of quacking, angry ducks gaffer-taped to you though.
  • _Ferret_
    _Ferret_ Posts: 660
    welshkev wrote:
    canada16 wrote:

Here its great.... It rains... Well I for one am not made out of sugar, so I am going to get some base layers on and get muddy as f%£$

ha ha brilliant :lol:

if you live in the vale then it's only a short drive to afan or cwmcarn and neither of them gets too wet to be rideable.just get yourself some good waterproofs :-) i go to the gym more in the winter aswell as, ahem, get the road bike out more (ducks for cover)

I didn't think you could ride road bikes in the rain.
    All the roadies I know don't go out in the rain - something about the carbon melting when it comes into contact with water...

What's so wrong with riding in winter - get out with a group of mates and play in the mud (on your bike), you'll have a laugh!
    Not really active
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,785
    Ducks for cover?
    I suppose it makes sense, water just runs off a duck, so if you build a shelter from them, then it would be very waterproof.

I can't imagine it would be very easy riding around, with a load of quacking, angry ducks gaffer-taped to you though.

I have just had a very amusing mental image of that :D I'll have pint of whatever you're drinking Yeehaa....
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Northwind wrote:
    Climbing seems like a good complement to cycling, different skills and it works different muscles, plus it's higher intensity. But the appeal's kind of similiar I think.

I think I agree with the MTFU people here. I love climbing (still identify myself as a climber instead of a mtber) but you need good weather to go climbing outdoors. You can go climbing at indoor walls (which is fine on mid-week evenings) but I'd rather get soaked through on my mountain bike than stay indoors.

And yes, bad weather will knacker your bike if you don't clean it. That's what basic hardtails are for!
  • Whitewater kayaking. Get into this and you can be smugly happy when the forecast for the weekend is rain. Plenty of thrills to be had on the rivers.
  • Either quit MTB for the winter (like a pussy :lol: ), well, actually, most of the year if you dont ride in the rain....

You could gym it up - lots of isometric exercises - squats, deadlifts, powerlifts, heaves, chin-ups, dips and pressups. All good, total body conditioning exercise. Combine with something like swimming and running, and you'll be fighting fit come summer.

But you'll have sh*t MTB skills. Squash is another beasting... Might not think it, but it is...

Or you could forego the extra expense of buying a gym membership and stuff, and just get some winter riding gear. Ride through the winter. Yes, the bike wears out faster, and you get dirty, but if you're gonna complain about doing kit admin... become a fell runner. All you need is shorts and trainers!

Besides, nothing quite like a clear, crisp February morning, no-one around, and watching the sun rise on top of an empty hill, to remind you why you love MTB and the GREAT out-doors...

So be a man, and do the right thing... :wink:
    Boo-yah mofo
    Sick to the power of rad
    Fix it 'till it's broke
  • Indoor skydiving (actually they don't like you calling it that, "Bodyflight"). Amazing fun, but a little on the expensive side (last time I went it was close to £10 a minute).
  • colintrav wrote:
    bone_idle wrote:
    Call of Duty Modern warfare 2 comes out next week !! that will do nicely and it dont need cleaning. And dont knock it till you try it online It will be Awsome. :D:D:D:D:D:D

So you rush home with the new game in hand to play the game ... and your burd asks

What do you do first ?? Play the game or service her ,

Hmm tought call. i would go with if possible playing the game while the servicing is going on lol
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    oops, i've just noticed in my last post i said that it's never too wet to be rideable...i meant un-rideable!! :oops:

and doesn't anyone else catch ducks and strap them together? like you said yeehaa that's a super waterproof :lol: