NEW Fat Boy Weekend Ride--Route Now Up

Comments

• Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    No worries - I did manage to pass KB on his Madone last time - of course he'll bring up the small pink bicycle with tassels episode :wink:
  • No worries - I did manage to pass KB on his Madone last time - of course he'll bring up the small pink bicycle with tassels episode :wink:

Well that and the fact I was standing still :wink:
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • Jay dubbleU
    I make no claims as to relative speed :)
  • Big Wib
    Big Wib Posts: 363
    I was thinking of bringing the CX this time as it's got mudguards & I hear it always rains in Manchester :lol:

still gutted that we won't be meeting Vickie P. surely she'll want to go riding with a hero like Gaz?
  • gb155
    gb155 Posts: 2,048
    Can I come on my sit up and beg or will I spoil the aero look of the roadies? I can poddle along happily at 12mph. is it still an 11 start,

I'll be riding down from Oldham if anyone else is coming from North Mcr first.

Of course, we are not bike snobs, tho I do LOVE my Ribble :D
    On a Mission to lose 20 stone..Get My Life Back

December 2007 - 39 Stone 05 Lbs

July 2011 - 13 Stone 12 Lbs - Cycled 17851 Miles

http://39stonecyclist.com
    Now the hard work starts.
  • gb155
    Gaz, you sure you don't want to take a quieter route to Tatton Park? I came back that way on my ride on Saturday and it was proper congested - I wouldn't fancy leading 20+ riders down that way on a Saturday midday.

Cheadle -> Wilmslow -> Knutsford (sort of route) would probably be a lot quieter, might be a couple of miles more though.

I am open to suggestions TBH mate, Im more Nort Manc (where I work) and Tameside (where I live)

• gb155
    Showoff!! :wink:

To be fair it's the only bike I have in Manchester.

and a VERY nice bike it is too

• gb155
    No worries - I did manage to pass KB on his Madone last time - of course he'll bring up the small pink bicycle with tassels episode :wink:

Well that and the fact I was standing still :wink:

With that cape ?

• gb155
    Big Wib wrote:
    I was thinking of bringing the CX this time as it's got mudguards & I hear it always rains in Manchester :lol:

still gutted that we won't be meeting Vickie P. surely she'll want to go riding with a hero like Gaz?

It sure as heck rained today :o

I think Vicky said she was busy, I suspect worried that a fat boy might drop her on the ermmm "climb"

• Coriander
    Coriander Posts: 1,326
    i think the ride should start and end in Alderley Edge!

Selfish? Me? :shock:
  • jimmypippa
    jimmypippa Posts: 1,712
    Big Wib wrote:

Silly commuting rain Stats
    jimmypippa wrote:
    Once last night, twice today:

Aug: 4 in 10 days
    Sept: 8 in 22 days
    Oct: 7 in 17 days (off over half term)
    Nov: 3 in 2 days

I think I am busy then, but am interested in others, especially in the Peaks...
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,702
    Looks like it's a fairly easy ride from Stockport rail station to the start/from the end? If so, I may well be able to make an appearance. Not sure what bike I'll be on yet, depends on the amount of rain around and whether I want to ride fixed or not. ;)
  • gb155 wrote:
    Gaz, you sure you don't want to take a quieter route to Tatton Park? I came back that way on my ride on Saturday and it was proper congested - I wouldn't fancy leading 20+ riders down that way on a Saturday midday.

Cheadle -> Wilmslow -> Knutsford (sort of route) would probably be a lot quieter, might be a couple of miles more though.

I am open to suggestions TBH mate, Im more Nort Manc (where I work) and Tameside (where I live)

I'm potentially interested in coming along, but don't know if I'm large enough! :wink:

I'd have to agree with redddragon though - not sure if the bit on Altrincham Road/Shaftesbury Avenue would be the nicest at that time. A possible alternative would be to turn left just after Wythenshawe Park, go through the Hospital and Dobbinetts Lane, onto Hale Road and then down Park Road, i.e. www.bikehike.co.uk/mapview.php?id=25215 That would avoid the busiest bit, I think. Or, go through the Park to avoid the Tesco traffic.
  • El Diego
    El Diego Posts: 440
    gb155 wrote:

That does sound a nicer route. That's the route I took to Jodrell Bank and it was pretty easy going apart from the bit where I went the wrong way over Alderly!
  • Cycle route by commitee :wink:

I just bloody told people where we were going and that was that :P
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • Jay dubbleU
    Cycle route by commitee :wink:

I just bloody told people where we were going and that was that :P

I had no idea where we were most of the time - just followed KB
  • Big Wib
    Anyone else interested in a taster session at the Velodrome?
  • Jay dubbleU
    Don't think they'd allow my bike into the place - happy to come and point and laugh though :wink:
  • gb155
    Regarding route im happy to change it for a "better" one as im not sure of the area TBH, (Although I have cycled that way a few times) so if there is some better way of doing it then lets make it so.

I really need to get my ass to the Velodrome TBH

• Big Wib
    Don't think they'd allow my bike into the place - happy to come and point and laugh though :wink:

I think you have to use one of their bikes - see the velodrome thread (don't know how to link) - so you can't use that as an excuse.......
  • Jay dubbleU
    I see what you mean - doesn't seem that expensive to borrow a bike for a couple of hours - never ridden clipped in though - might give someone else the chance to point and laugh :wink:
  • El Diego
    El Diego Posts: 440
    I want to go to the Velodrome.
  • Big Wib
    El Diego wrote:

you're local so should be easy :wink:

I suspect we're too late to book for a Saturday this time but I can look into it. 3 people so far, any more & at what time?
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    I'd do the Velodrome
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • Big Wib
    Taster Sessions
    Essential for all beginners and riders new to the Velodrome.
    Tuesday 12:00 - 1:00pm
    Wednesday 12:00 - 1:00pm
    Thursday 8:00 - 9:00am 12:00 - 1:00pm, 5:00 - 6:00pm
    Friday 12:00 - 1:00pm
    Friday Family Taster 6:00 - 7:00pm
    Saturday 6:00 - 7:00pm
    Sunday 12:00 - 1:00pm 5:00 - 6:00pm

Cost includes bike & helmet hire for Taster Sessions (£9.60, £7.50 concessions). Must be booked and paid for in advance. Cancelled sessions can only be transferred or a refund made if more than 7 days notice is given.

However, all weekend taster sessions are now booked up until February :cry:
    Ah well. Shall we pop in too have a look and then arange a second FBR Manchester with taster session for nect year
  • Big Wib wrote:
    El Diego wrote:

you're local so should be easy :wink:

I suspect we're too late to book for a Saturday this time but I can look into it. 3 people so far, any more & at what time?

I'd be up for it, depending on dates.
  • Jay dubbleU
    Big Wib wrote:
    Taster Sessions

Cost includes bike & helmet hire for Taster Sessions (£9.60, £7.50 concessions). Must be booked and paid for in advance. Cancelled sessions can only be transferred or a refund made if more than 7 days notice is given.

Ah well. Shall we pop in too have a look and then arange a second FBR Manchester with taster session for nect year

Sounds good
  • gb155
    Big Wib wrote:
    Taster Sessions

Thats a cracking idea

• Big Wib
    Coriander wrote:
    i think the ride should start and end in Alderley Edge!

Selfish? Me? :shock:

Have you moved up in the world since the last FBR or are you just stalking footballers?