Fireworks poll

2»

Comments

• Gotte
    Gotte Posts: 494
    edited October 2009
    We get them from about the first week in October till about December, and then it all starts up again at New Year, though mercifully shorter.

Last year we had kids setting those massive multiple Chinese fireworks off at the park across from us for about three weeks, about three nights a week, mostly weekdays. They started up again last week. I'm thinking of getting a vigilante group together to go and give the kids who obviously do it to ruin everyone's sleep a good kicking.
  • STEFANOS4784
    STEFANOS4784 Posts: 4,109
    Read post above your latest one. Think the problem may be worse for you than it is for me, apologies :)
  • Gotte
    Sorry, yes, read your previous post before reading your last, and back-edited it to sound less rude. Sorry if I sounded too harsh. But it is a big problem here.
  • STEFANOS4784
    STEFANOS4784 Posts: 4,109
    Gotte wrote:
    We get them from about the first week in October till about December.

Where do they get the cash :shock: A good kicking is probably a good idea 'til the little scrotes decide your letter box would make a good launch pad :roll: What can ya do :roll: :arrow:
  • Gotte
    Gotte wrote:
    We get them from about the first week in October till about December.

Where do they get the cash :shock:

I know. I heard one of the fathers at the school gate saying how he's got three of the big Chinese ones for his bonfire night in the back garden, and they were £40 each.

Also, I hope he and his neighbours have a good supply of sandbags. He lives on the Council estate down the road, and the gardens aren't that big.
  • Porgy
    Porgy Posts: 4,525
    I forgot to mention - they're good for distracting zombies - so i wouldn;t want an out and out ban, just in case.
  • Gotte
    Porgy wrote:
    I forgot to mention - they're good for distracting zombies - so i wouldn;t want an out and out ban, just in case.

I find having a slower friend is the best thing when encountering zombies. Of course, if they're old school zombies simply being able to walk at a brisk pace in the opposite direction often helps.
  • Porgy
    Porgy Posts: 4,525
    Gotte wrote:
    Porgy wrote:

I find having a slower friend is the best thing when encountering zombies. Of course, if they're old school zombies simply being able to walk at a brisk pace in the opposite direction often helps.

Old school zombies are more dangerous than people think - complacency will get you killed. They can surround you or jump out when you're not expecting and then you'll wish you'd planned ahead with a decent display of fireworks. 8)
  • Tonymufc
    Tonymufc Posts: 1,016
    Red Rock wrote:
    I'd be happy to see fireworks banned from sale to the general public and it to be considered an offence to be in possession of them without a licence. They should be for organised displays only and even then approval should have to be gained from your local authority prior to the event.

Bonfires should just be banned altogether.

Red Rock

+1
  • Gotte
    Porgy wrote:
    Old school zombies are more dangerous than people think - complacency will get you killed. They can surround you or jump out when you're not expecting and then you'll wish you'd planned ahead with a decent display of fireworks. 8)

I'd just join a motorcycle gang and have high jinx and their expense. Or travel by helicopter. Or find a mall. But fireworks. No sir.
  • edhornby
    edhornby Posts: 1,780
    as another poster pointed out, if you live in a little village in the middle of nowhere then the few days that they are set off then the usual 'oooh, aaaah' is a sensible response

I was a student in Salford

the fireworks go on sale in mid september, they are on sale in every corner shop and half the time they are nicked anyway. firing them at other peoples houses is a popular pastime, and the student residences get special treatment
    "I get paid to make other people suffer on my wheel, how good is that"
    --Jens Voight
  • Gotte
    I'm in Manchester, so I know what you mean.
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Just been into a newsagents in town, saw the size of some of the rockets on sale there....

f**k me, you could bring down an aeroplane with one of those things!!!! They're like missiles!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
  • Gotte
    The scary ones are the imports. There's a few shops that spring up round our way in those shops that are closed most of the year, you know the ones that spring to life at Christmas selling crap decorations. The ones in there are truly terrifying. They come from China, I think. The ones that are especially popular round here are the ones, I don;t know what they're called, that are a collection of cardboard tubes in a circle like a gattling gun, each of which has a projectile that shoots maybe 100 feet in the air and then explode with a deafening bang. It's the kind of bang that rattles the windows.