Cavendish split with girlfriend ?

cookie72
cookie72 Posts: 12
edited October 2009 in Pro race
Just been on cycling weekly and read the attached article on some award ceremonies Mark Cavendish has been to. It seems he has a new girlfriend which has come as a shock as I thought he was about to marry Melissa his long term love ??
I have just read his book and he seemed to be head over heels with her so does anybody know what happened ?

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/lat ... wards.html

Comments

• inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,788
    see
    Cav wins another ornament for his sideboard
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Well it would be pretty sad if he has and sold his soul to a money seeking Italian and left his fiancee whom he was with since a young age.

I never really liked him although I didn't dislike him like some, but from what I have seen and read recently he is going down in my esteem.

There is a long way from tracksuits to velvet suits and white ties...

Or even shiny cream suits and white ties...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/yoke/40223 ... 611647188/
    Contador is the Greatest
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    Well it would be pretty sad if he has and sold his soul to a money seeking Italian and left his fiancee whom he was with since a young age.

I never really liked him although I didn't dislike him like some, but from what I have seen and read recently he is going down in my esteem.

There is a long way from tracksuits to velvet suits and white ties...

This a ridiculous post considering you clearly know absolutely nothing about why they split up.
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    WARNING WARNING

Poisonous leech ahoy.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Vino
    Vino Posts: 184
    WARNING WARNING

Poisonous leech ahoy.

EES very seely indeed becasue new bird is better looking and is all that counts plus is other notch. I am thinking you are not real bloke.

AVE
  • Sorry FF, I agree with Moray here... What do you know about Cavendish's personal life or what his new girlfriend is like? About as much as me, i'll warrant.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Tom Butcher
    Tom Butcher Posts: 3,830
    Sorry Vino - the new one looks a bit like an Italian tranny - but well done on your time trial win the other day.

it's a hard life if you don't weaken.
  • Nobodies business but Cavs.

Get a life the lot of you saddoes.
    \'You Come At the King,You Best Not Miss\'
  • sheffsimon
    sheffsimon Posts: 1,282
    Sorry, I'm in the wrong place, I was looking for BikeRadar forum not Hello magazine forum.....
  • Vino
    Vino Posts: 184
    Sorry Vino - the new one looks a bit like an Italian tranny - but well done on your time trial win the other day.

I am thanking you for mention glorious time trial win. Meny people outrage at my return.

I am certain is not tranny though is one of Calves glorious cast off.
  • Croxted avenger - I understand it's none of our business but after only just completing his book (which I know was written a little while ago) it was a real shock to see him with another woman after all he wrote about his long term missus. I don't really care what the new one looks like.
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    It will be very interesting to see how his celebrity life develops over the next few years. Hopefully he can keep a lid on things and still produce race wins in abundance. If he doesn't I wonder if Miss Paraguay will be prepared to roll her sleeves up and get the sheep back in the field?
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • flanners1
    flanners1 Posts: 916
    edited October 2009
    What is it with lots of money and the Q of new women in a sportsman's life? :lol: No it is his looks and personality....no really...sure!

Q the subsequent 'at Home' with Mark Cavendish and Miss Paraguay in the New Year's Hello magazine....mind you she is very yummy thoughj!
    Colnago C60 SRAM eTap, Colnago C40, Milani 107E, BMC Pro Machine, Trek Madone, Viner Gladius,
    Bizango 29er
  • cookie72 wrote:
    Croxted avenger - I understand it's none of our business but after only just completing his book (which I know was written a little while ago) it was a real shock to see him with another woman after all he wrote about his long term missus. I don't really care what the new one looks like.

That jug eared Garry Lineachre - getting married to a bird with big norks half his age - I was shocked! Especially after he'd had a kid with his first wife as well! Theres no accounting for some folk eh?

:roll:
    \'You Come At the King,You Best Not Miss\'
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    Already dissected by the knitting circle here-

http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... sc&start=0

and here-

http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... t=12654471

Primary concern is, of course, the moral well-being of Master Cavendish, his dress sense and the dangers of diversions from his training and racing ability.
    Thassorl.
  • intothe12
    intothe12 Posts: 190
    always thought he was a fairly immature twit.
    fast on the bike for sure, but needs to do some serious growning up.
    did i not read somewhere that lance told him not to blow all his money on cars and chicks? now he is on track for a new Audi R8, plus some new bird? probably wont even make the start like next year at the tour.
  • northernneil
    northernneil Posts: 1,549
    I wonder why she was attracted to the exceptioanly rich sportsman ?
  • intothe12
    probably his stable temperament
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    His personal life is his. I'm sure many of us will have split from a partner during our 20's.

But Cav is on course to meet the stereotype. Seeing him at home on Manx with his childhood sweetheart and saying he bought a
    moped - a flash one - after winning in San Remo, I did wonder how long such humility and modesty would last.

He's now one of the most influential riders in the bunch, almost a patron. And now he's got the car, the dolly/bimbo and is dressing in naff cream suits. There's room for
    more. The problem is hard, in his place many would do
    the same, especially as you quickly find yourself
    with people saying 'yes' to you all the time. I wouldn't be suprised if his Audi was a gift from the manufacturer.

In one respect Cav has it lucky: he's British. If he was Belgian or Dutch he'd be in celeb mags and hounded by paparazzi. Tyler Farrar has already lamented how
    people have started lurking outside his home in Belgium.
  • drenkrom
    drenkrom Posts: 1,062
    F@ck me... I thought this was a cycling forum, not a sewing circle. Any rider's personal life has as much influence on you as that of your travel agent's wife's left shoe, ie none. Are we going to have supplements on the riders' wives in cycling mags? Goody goody! :roll:
  • phil s
    phil s Posts: 1,128
    Cav's personal life is his own business - end of. The fact the book went to print after he split from his girlfriend is unfortunate for all concerned, but jibes against him or his new burd are totally unwarranted. If he goes likes a sack of spuds next season for any reason other than injury then criticise him, otherwise leave him be.
    -- Dirk Hofman Motorhomes --
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Aren't people allowed to be jealous Phil? :P
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • intothe12
    phil s wrote:
    Cav's personal life is his own business - end of. The fact the book went to print after he split from his girlfriend is unfortunate for all concerned, but jibes against him or his new burd are totally unwarranted. If he goes likes a sack of spuds next season for any reason other than injury then criticise him, otherwise leave him be.

fans should be allowed to have a view on the personal lives of the people they follow. needless to say if Cav has his head up his or his girlfiriends arse, then this will no doubt have an affect on his season. The reality is for most cyclists, a stable home life is great for winning, a topsey turvey life creates turmoil on the road.

Do you also think that VDB's personal life (and death) which was commented on here with great abandon should not have been talked about?
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    phil s wrote:
    Cav's personal life is his own business - end of. Th
    after he split from his girlfriend is unfortunate for all concerned, but jibes against him or his new burd are totally unwarranted. If he goes likes a sack of spuds next season for any reason other than injury then criticise him, otherwise leave him be.
    Well if he writes a book about his private life then he's putting it all out there. He and his managers will know what this means with the media today, you can't have a semi-private life. As a top sportsman it's either 100% private or it's up for grabs in the tabloids and gossip rags. No halfway house I'm afraid.
  • intothe12 wrote:
    phil s wrote:

fans should be allowed to have a view on the personal lives of the people they follow. needless to say if Cav has his head up his or his girlfiriends ars*, then this will no doubt have an affect on his season. The reality is for most cyclists, a stable home life is great for winning, a topsey turvey life creates turmoil on the road.

Do you also think that VDB's personal life (and death) which was commented on here with great abandon should not have been talked about?

I think the fact that so many people were able to comment in public about his private life was part of the problem.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    It's not like the old days of Coppi or Anquetil - genuine scandalous behaviour from those two, particularly Anquetil.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • drenkrom wrote:
    Are we going to have supplements on the riders' wives in cycling mags?

Jeff, Daniel, are you reading this? This is what the people want!!!
  • Art Vandelay
    Art Vandelay Posts: 1,982
    or Henri Pélissier. That's newsworthy.

Vuelta a Guatemala anyone?
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    RichN95 wrote:
    It's not like the old days of Coppi or ?????? - genuine scandalous behaviour from those two,
    Ah the Lady in White
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • northernneil
    northernneil Posts: 1,549
    drenkrom wrote:
    Are we going to have supplements on the riders' wives in cycling mags?

Jeff, Daniel, are you reading this? This is what the people want!!!

+1 :lol: