Anyone near Wincanton Sherborne Gillingham Yeovil region?

2»

Comments

• Jake2.0
    Jake2.0 Posts: 46
    Sorry to resurrect an old post was wondering if you guys still ride the Yeovil area? I'm just looking to get out weeknights except Thursday, Friday and at the weekend. No downhill extreme stuff but willing to travel to meet up for a good trail. I've tried Ham Hill but to be honest just seemed to run into alot of dead ends so someone with good local knowledge would be great. I ride for fun and to try to get fit so XC trails would be best for me.
  • jizzleb
    jizzleb Posts: 135
    Resurrecting an old post as well. I'm in Nether Compton near sherborne/yeovil.

If any one fancies going for a ride let me know. Ride XC but haven't lived round here for long so not an expert when it comes to navigation!

PM me if you fancy a ride.

Cheers
    Canyon Nerve XC
    Spec Allez
    GT XCR SingleSpeed
    GT Dyno
  • Hi,
    I live between Yeovil & Crewkerne. If you fancy a ride i'm about most weekends. I know the area reasonably well. A few of us started riding locally a couple of years ago, just fun stuff. We have an away ride every now & then Quantocks, Exmoor, Dartmoor that sort of thing. Let me know if you want to get out?
  • Im from West Wales But have family living in Somerton is there anywhere around the area (dont mind a small drive) where I can Ride XC with a few decent DH sections ?!?! Ive ridden the Black,Red,Green and Blue Runs @ Brechfa and have done the FOD

Thanks in Advance
  • I ride a fair bit up into Penselwood, King Arthurs Tower and Stourhead, up on to the Mere Downs, there are any number of route, logging paths which join some nice albeit muddy single track if you know where to look, and the trees are in places sparse enough to go through. you can investigate yourself, park at the tower and peddle go from there.
  • Stourhead is ok but there's much better riding at Longleat which isn't bad to ride to from Stourhead.
    Apparently there's some good trails at Puddle Town as well but I haven't been down there yet.
  • Ty Ty
    Ty Ty Posts: 1
    Hi, I live in Wincanton & just recently got back into mtbing, also looking to do some local rides in & around Wincanton