Power Tap SL: How easy.....

hopper1
hopper1 Posts: 4,389
I fitted a Power Tap SL (wired) to my bike yesterday... How easy was that? Probably the simplest computer I've ever used :shock:
Went out for a ride today, everything worked well. Returned home, plugged in USB whilst mixing/ drinking protein shake. Clicked on download.... All done :D:D
It could only have been easier, if someone else had pressed the mouse button! :wink:
Because of the level of data, etc, associated with the Power Tap, I imagined to be a nightmare... Very impressed.
Just have to read & digest 'Training & Racing with a Power Meter'!... Arrgh, I knew there'd be a hitch :roll:
Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!

Comments

• chrisw12
    chrisw12 Posts: 1,246
    Totally agree.

A few years ago I bought a wired powertap through my LBS and had nothing but a nightmre with it. Wires got wet, computer got wet, hub got wet. Had to send it back to America twice, not a nice experience given the slowest bike shop in the world.

Put me right off until the summer when I bought a wireless powertap and as you said it couldn't be simpler. Also I've just changed the hub batteries and again what a simple operation, the older one was again a nightmare to change with batteries flying everywhere.[/i]