Who has left Astana?

2»

Comments

• moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    Kléber wrote:
    Bruyneel has left. He signed the contract today.

In the meantime, Yvon Sanquer has joined the team as the new DS. Who?

He run the tiny Mutuelle Seine et Marne pro team that got a ride in the Tour de France in the mid 1990s and then took on Festina after the scandal, looks like he's Monsieur New Broom.

LOL was it was only yesterday a few forum sages had him in limbo for a year until his contract ran out. Really they should know better.
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    He's been bought out of his contract, he was signed up for 2010 but every contract can be changed provided you flash the cash.

I note RadioShack has signed Klödi, Freiburg University's star graduate. Clearly the sponsor hasn't set the same terms as Sky when it comes to recruiting riders linked to doping scandals. Nevermind.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Kléber wrote:

I note RadioShack has signed Klödi, Freiburg University's star graduate. Clearly the sponsor hasn't set the same terms as Sky when it comes to recruiting riders linked to doping scandals. Nevermind.

They prefer to use those cards on their management.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Is Yates confirmed? I can't believe they'd hire him.

...although Nygaard could always spin that he'd never tested positive and that no rider under his watch was ever caught etc. :cry:
  • Moray Gub wrote:
    The question I would like to know the answer to is this:
    Who made the Shack PT licence application? Under who's name?
    If, as prospective manager, Bruyneel was the man, he did so under false pretenses.
    After all, he held Disco's docket.

How could a guy apply for a licence for a new team, while contracted to work for another?
    Would be considered illegal in most circumstances.

Quite clearly, LA/JB had a deadline to meet, in submitting the paperwork. They met it, but in doing so, made it fraudulently.
    This stinks of the collaboration of the usual third party. He makes up new rules and breaks old ones, as he does whatever suits his interests.

What you mean is youd like it be Bruyneel but hey even if it wasnt you're gonna fling mud at him anyway.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.
    I was abviously confused into thinking I actually knew what I'd meant.

I must not ask awkward questions about the Shack.
    I must not ask awkward............
    SSDD.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • moray_gub
    Moray Gub wrote:
    The question I would like to know the answer to is this:
    Who made the Shack PT licence application? Under who's name?
    If, as prospective manager, Bruyneel was the man, he did so under false pretenses.
    After all, he held Disco's docket.

How could a guy apply for a licence for a new team, while contracted to work for another?
    Would be considered illegal in most circumstances.

Quite clearly, LA/JB had a deadline to meet, in submitting the paperwork. They met it, but in doing so, made it fraudulently.
    This stinks of the collaboration of the usual third party. He makes up new rules and breaks old ones, as he does whatever suits his interests.

What you mean is youd like it be Bruyneel but hey even if it wasnt you're gonna fling mud at him anyway.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.
    I was abviously confused into thinking I actually knew what I'd meant.

I must not ask awkward............
    SSDD.

Translated as ............. i made a horses ass of that one !
  • Moray Gub wrote:

Don't be so hard on yourself.
  • moray_gub
    Moray Gub wrote:

No need for me to be hard on myself i wasnt the one making the allegations based on dislike.
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    Moray Gub wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:

No need for me to be hard on myself i wasnt the one making the allegations based on dislike.

+1
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    edited October 2009
    There you go again. Telling me what I'm thinking.

If any manager was possibly applying for a PT licence, while contracted to another team, I'd be asking the same question.

While I am satisfied that any legal implications have been sorted by the parties involved, it does not explain how someone can act prematurely in this manner, whoever he may be.
    Were this situation to arise in say football, this would certainly be a bone of contension.

Get it right, next time.

Dennis, you certainly don't know what I'm thinking, unless you were being deliberately hypocritical.

Anyhow, I've said my bit. I'll leave you to have your usual, last word.
  • moray_gub
    There you go again. Telling me what I'm thinking.

If any manager was possibly applying for a PT licence, while contracted to another team, I'd be asking the same question.

While I am satisfied that any legal implications have been sorted by the parties involved, it does not explain how someone can act prematurely in this manner, whoever he may be.
    Were this situation to arise in say football, this would certainly be a bone of contension.

Get it right, next time.

Dennis, you certainly don't know what I'm thinking, unless you were being deliberately hypocritical.

Anyhow, I've said my bit. I'll leave you to have your usual, last word.

Oh i did get it right you were quite happy to fling baseless accusations concerning fraud and illegalities due to your dislike of JB nothing more than that. Thats me telling you what i think by the way before you go off on one again.
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    dennisn wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:
    +1
    What a load of bollox, has the kiddies playground closed yet as I hope you have had the last word. ???

In the meantime that Blaze asked a question and Kleber put an answer in here at 12 45.
    I too wanted an answer on that.
    They put a Guest rider on the team and then virtually ignore the team leader and now the Mysteries continue and we can't ask questions. ??

Your Hero's are making plenty of bullits for us to fire in the next few months, so you had better put your head in the sand and hope a bullit doesn't hit you in the arse.
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • moray_gub
    deejay wrote:
    dennisn wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:
    +1
    What a load of bollox, has the kiddies playground closed yet as I hope you have had the last word. ???

In the meantime that Blaze asked a question and Kleber put an answer in here at 12 45.
    I too wanted an answer on that.
    They put a Guest rider on the team and then virtually ignore the team leader and now the Mysteries continue and we can't ask questions. ??

Your Hero's are making plenty of bullits for us to fire in the next few months, so you had better put your head in the sand and hope a bullit doesn't hit you in the ars*.

ahhhh its Mr Woooosh No Blue in The England Flag where you been hiding of late ? , kinda missed the enjoyment of seeing things go right over your head . Now to the point at hand Is alleging fraud and illegalities just asking questions btw ? Nobody is saying you cant ask as questions do what the f*ck you want but dont expect the real reasons behind the questions not to be raised.
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    :? As the man said "A mind reader" :roll:
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • le_patron
    le_patron Posts: 494
    I'm with Blaze on this, either the PT application at the time of submission was largely vapour, or it wasn't. Purely based on timings, I see more evidence of the former.

Whether it counts as fraud or breaks any rules I don't know, but then the PT application process as a whole seems very subjective and bizarre. Wonder if the UCI are audited...
  • moray_gub
    le patron wrote:
    I'm with Blaze on this, either the PT application at the time of submission was largely vapour, or it wasn't.

Whether it counts as fraud or breaks any rules I don't know,

So let me get this right you dont know if the application was genuine or not and you dont know if thats fraud or not................. as they say round these parts.............you couldnae make it up :lol:
  • Anyhow, moving on.
    Sorry, but I have more questions, so I hope I don't upset the forum omerta group.

If this is all Astana have left, on their rider roster:

[KAZ] BAZAYEV Assan
    [KAZ] DMITRIYEV Valeriy
    [KAZ] DYACHENKO Alexsandr
    [KAZ] IGLINSKIY Maxim
    [KAZ] KIREYEV Roman
    [KAZ] MURAVYEV Dmitriy
    [KAZ] RAIMBEKOV Bolat
    [KAZ] RENEV Sergey
    [KAZ] VINOKOUROV Alexandre
    [KAZ] ZEITS Andrey
    [ESP] CONTADOR VELASCO Alberto
    [ESP] HERNANDEZ BLAZQUEZ Jesus
    [ESP] NAVARRO GARCIA Daniel
    [ESP] NOVAL GONZALEZ Benjamin
    [ESP] ZUBELDIA AGIRRE Haimar
    IN
    [KAZ] FOFONOV Dmitriy
    [KAZ] GOUROV Maxim
    [KAZ] IGLINSKIY Valentin

I make them short of the rquired PT roster by 7.
    Isn't the full quota 25?

Deadline for signings is October 20th, I believe, or am I wrong and it's the deadline for PT licence issue?

Anyhow, I have read that, while the riders mentioned above, in earlier posts, are possible signings, none will be, prior to the issue of a new Astana PT licence.

So, another question. Does anyone know which bit is the cart and which bit is the horse and are Astana playing a risky wait and see game?

(sorry I couldn't fit some criticism of either JB or LA in there. :roll: )
  • I think transfers can be made up till January. But you need to have a certain amount by 20th October.

On another note Zubeldia has stated that he wants to leave Astana. Why on earth do all of these riders want to ride for a guy half of them are stronger than and does not allow for individual performances? I can understand them wanting to leave Astana but why go to The Shack when most of them could go to any number of teams and be the sole leader?
  • moray_gub
    kickerbri wrote:
    I think transfers can be made up till January. But you need to have a certain amount by 20th October.

On another note Zubeldia has stated that he wants to leave Astana. Why on earth do all of these riders want to ride for a guy half of them are stronger than and does not allow for individual performances? I can understand them wanting to leave Astana but why go to The Shack when most of them could go to any number of teams and be the sole leader?

Dollar%20signs.jpg
  • le_patron
    le_patron Posts: 494
    Moray Gub wrote:
    le patron wrote:
    I'm with Blaze on this, either the PT application at the time of submission was largely vapour, or it wasn't.

Whether it counts as fraud or breaks any rules I don't know,

So let me get this right you dont know if the application was genuine or not and you dont know if thats fraud or not................. as they say round these parts.............you couldnae make it up :lol:

I don't know, it could be acceptable to say you have a load of plans that might come off, or might not. With the PT process being what it is, having to prove you are a good team with strong backers...before you get a top flight license that the backers will want to see before they back you and with which you can lure the decent riders...it's bound to involve a bit of that.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    David De La Fuente might join at Contadors request
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • iainf72 wrote:
    David De La Fuente might join at Contadors request

Hardly a nobody or ancient one.
    Spend, spend, spend......

confirmed here:
    http://www.marca.com/2009/10/17/ciclism ... 04959.html
  • "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.