Vino sez : Bertie stays

2»

Comments

• le_patron
    le_patron Posts: 494
    Thanks for the advice le patron but that is rather 'superior' of you to try and give it in such a way a mother would to her child or a teacher to a student.

I know, sorry, it's hard to avoid. I can do a Yoda impression instead :
    Corrected...be prepared to be, humble you must be.....

Also, on that humilty point, what is this :
    "Oh and just for info, I would most likely leave 95% of members for dead on any climb"

It's not helping...
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,481
    iainf72 wrote:
    Oh and just for info, I would most likely leave 95% of members for dead on any climb, so don't think I am an armchair fan.

You'd definatel leave me for dead on any climb. However I know more about pro cycling than you do.

How does that work?

I bet he wouldn't leave me for dead. I also know more about pro cycling than he does. :wink:
  • I doubt he'd leave me for dead, and we have wildly different opinions on pro cycling... Perhaps we could decide who is the better forum poster by riding up a mountain firing questions at each other until one of us can't hear the other due to getting dropped or we get 3 wrong in a row? :roll:

Anyone can play by the way, but entry will be on a post count by post count basis. :lol:
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Well no one is going to be happy thinking I could play with them on the hills so the response is as expected.

Andy, DG - are either of you hill climb TT champions? Are you in the top 5% of your club's climbers?

As for pro cycling knowledge - I have never said I have X amount of it and have more or less than others. People like Iain and Kleber - I respect what they say for the most part as they are consistently interesting and balanced and only rarely stoop to silly comments.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Ahh you've entered peeing up the wall contest time now FF. My favourite time!

Edit due to bastful knobbishness

What does any of that matter though? It still doens't mean i know squat about pro cycling (though i do know a guy who took Eddy Merckx out in the olympic road race once!), it doens't mean anything in the grand scheme of things, i'm sure we both enjoy riding our bikes and i'm sure a good number of people who'll never pin on a numberget exactly the same buzz.

Re: The climbing pub quiz, just a bit of a tease, i think it could be the future though.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Roscobob
    Roscobob Posts: 344
    Frenchy, I don't know as much about cycling as you. And no doubt you'd drop me on a hill.

I know an arrogant twat when I see one though. You get where I'm going with this? 8)
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Read the rest of the thread and you will find that I only mentioned it as I was called an armchair critic and then others thought it would be interesting/fun/whatever to talk about what I may or may not be.

Why you need to resort to name calling I don't know but I have come to expect it from some members so it isn't really a surprise. Try contributing something useful (your first and possibly your last post of today was to berrate me).
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Try to keep it about pro racing here chaps. Fighting each other, however tempting and satisfying it may be, is not the best thing.
  • Roscobob
    Roscobob Posts: 344
    Kléber wrote:
    Try to keep it about pro racing here chaps. Fighting each other, however tempting and satisfying it may be, is not the best thing.

Sorry mate
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    Vino is such a loser. I used to enjoy watching him race and thought his persona was interesting as well as marvelling at his tree trunks. However since his re-emergence this year, he has lost all of that. He should just keep his mouth shut and try not to get dropped on 2nd Cat climbs.

Look mate, I actually agree with you much of the time but you have to realise that if you post as much as you do, you'll occasionally say something a bit daft - as above.

You want to patronise Vino, with his Palmares be my guest, but you'll get called on it.

And yes, you could probably beat me up a hill, and may watch more Procycling than me, but I have a job, a kick-ass wife, a kid and a life so you enjoy the view from the top of that hill, and I'll enjoy the view from where I am :wink:

Strava is not Zen.
  • gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    What a shame - came here looking a good discussion about Contadors options and may be some further info and find exactly the same old arguments... move on guys!
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • TommyEss
    TommyEss Posts: 1,855
    Would this structure be the first Pro Tour squad to use the same nine riders for all of it's races? :roll:

Yep, that would be Pistolero and his fearless Kazakh posse. Their mission to raze The Shack to the ground. A tail of vengeance :lol:

Just quietly fixing a typo - nothing to see here.
    Cannondale Synapse 105, Giant Defy 3, Giant Omnium, Giant Trance X2, EMC R1.0, Ridgeback Platinum, On One Il Pompino...
  • Vino
    Vino Posts: 184
    I see French fry ignore my post.

Is it because you all armchair talk and no trouser? You think i Troll but it is you who state your magnificance and fail opportunity to prove. It is you my little Walkers snack that is Troll.

I waiting still for your hill of choice

Ave Calves
  • TommyEss wrote:
    Would this structure be the first Pro Tour squad to use the same nine riders for all of it's races? :roll:

Yep, that would be Pistolero and his fearless Kazakh posse. Their mission to raze The Shack to the ground. A tail of vengeance :lol:

Just quietly fixing a typo - nothing to see here.

Thanks Tommy, silly me, I admit I also made an error with vengeance the first time around and had to go back and edit :oops:

Will be more careful next time.
  • TommyEss
    No worries SecretSquirrel - but if I catch you doing it again you'll get a hundred lines...!
    Cannondale Synapse 105, Giant Defy 3, Giant Omnium, Giant Trance X2, EMC R1.0, Ridgeback Platinum, On One Il Pompino...
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    andyp wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:
    Oh and just for info, I would most likely leave 95% of members for dead on any climb, so don't think I am an armchair fan.

You'd definatel leave me for dead on any climb. However I know more about pro cycling than you do.

How does that work?

I bet he wouldn't leave me for dead. I also know more about pro cycling than he does. :wink:

I reckon i could leave him for dead on a hill with this

RaleighStowaway.jpg
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • calvjones
    I reckon I could do it with Bertie sitting in the basket.

Strava is not Zen.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    calvjones wrote:

What about with Jan in the basket?

Jan in February.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • calvjones
    iainf72 wrote:
    calvjones wrote:

What about with Jan in the basket?

Jan in February.

[Quietly gets coat]

Strava is not Zen.
  • TommyEss
    iainf72 wrote:
    Jan in February.

Ouch! :shock:
  • Vino wrote:

Is it because you all armchair talk and no trouser? You think i Troll but it is you who state your magnificance and fail opportunity to prove. It is you my little Walkers snack that is Troll.

Ave Calves

Well, I won't.
    Your calves were certainly doing the business on yesterday's hill.
    Fancy playing with that other Frenchie guy and the poor young Brit.
    Telling them you couldn't come through, then blowing them away with your big motor.

Oh and lay off the Harem, if you don't want to fall on those leaves, come Saturday. :wink:

"Jan in the basket"? Sound's like 70's pub grub. :oops:
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Vino
    Vino Posts: 184
    Vino wrote:

Ave Calves

Well, I won't.
    Your calves were certainly doing the business on yesterday's hill.
    Fancy playing with that other Frenchie guy and the poor young Brit.
    Telling them you couldn't come through, then blowing them away with your big motor.

Oh and lay off the Harem, if you don't want to fall on those leaves, come Saturday. :wink:

"Jan in the basket"? Sound's like 70's pub grub. :oops:

Yes is having serious words with team and i will be in denial of urges from Wednesday till after race. Is serious is time to win again so bertie think Calves are serious for help win Tour.