Vino sez : Bertie stays

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited October 2009 in Pro race
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Vino is such a loser. I used to enjoy watching him race and thought his persona was interesting as well as marvelling at his tree trunks. However since his re-emergence this year, he has lost all of that. He should just keep his mouth shut and try not to get dropped on 2nd Cat climbs.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Does this mean in like 48hrs JV will annouce that Contadors signed with Garmin :D
    Take care of the luxuries and the necessites will take care of themselves.
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    Vino is such a loser. I used to enjoy watching him race and thought his persona was interesting as well as marvelling at his tree trunks. However since his re-emergence this year, he has lost all of that. He should just keep his mouth shut and try not to get dropped on 2nd Cat climbs.

5th in Emilia. Must be reading this forum.

Strava is not Zen.
  • frenchfighter
    Without fail there will be one person who will make some pointless comment. If you follow pro cycling consistently you will know that he has had great difficulty climbing with the best and has even abandoned. I also suggest you watch the video from yesterday as he was really struggling.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Without fail there will be one person who will make some pointless comment. If you follow pro cycling consistently you will know that he has had great difficulty climbing with the best and has even abandoned. I also suggest you watch the video from yesterday as he was really struggling.

Calv just pointed out that Vino placed well yesterday. Yes he was struggling, and wouldn't we all be pointing a finger if he was flying up the climbs and winning effortlessly?
    The guy is 36 years old and has been out of competition for 2 years (yes, I know that was his own fault). He has had respectable results in particularly in TTs since his return.
    He has a sick 'baby', and needs AC to fulfill his contract to make it better. He sounds desperate and probably is.
  • The calves are eerily silent around here....somethings up.
    He was loosening them up, quite a bit yesterday, while sucking on Gesink, Fuglsang and Lovkvist.

"We will also resolve the problems with the UCI soon, presenting the new team structure. Cycling needs sound sponsors and ours is an important three-year project."

Would this structure be the first Pro Tour squad to use the same nine riders for all of it's races? :roll:
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Would this structure be the first Pro Tour squad to use the same nine riders for all of it's races? :roll:

Yep, that would be Pistolero and his fearless Kazakh posse. Their mission to raise The Shack to the ground. A tail of vengeance :lol:
  • mpd62
    mpd62 Posts: 71
    Without fail there will be one person who will make some pointless comment. If you follow pro cycling consistently you will know that he has had great difficulty climbing with the best and has even abandoned. I also suggest you watch the video from yesterday as he was really struggling.

For someone who seems to follow Pro cycling you don't know much, if only you could have placed yourself on the back of the bunch yesterday just to see how easy it was,history tells us riders can suffer one month and the next be world champion, I suggest you watch football down the pub with all the other armchair critics[/quote]
  • frenchfighter
    Haha, that one is not worth replying to! I couldn't give two hoots if you think I am an overweight 50 yr old who doesn't know how to ride a bike.

Interesting that a comment like mine rattled you enough to make your first post in over two months :wink:
    Contador is the Greatest
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    [quote="Blazing Saddles"
    "We will also resolve the problems with the UCI soon, presenting the new team structure. Cycling needs sound sponsors and ours is an important three-year project."

Would this structure be the first Pro Tour squad to use the same nine riders for all of it's races? :roll:[/quote]

What about a drop down to ProConti? - would solve a lot of the funding issues. An added bonus for Lance is that as a Continental team, Astana wouldn't be automatically invited to the TdF and, hey presto, Contador stitched up for next July.
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • iainf72
    Haha, that one is not worth replying to! I couldn't give two hoots if you think I am an overweight 50 yr old who doesn't know how to ride a bike.

What's wrong with being an overweight 50 year old who can't ride a bike?
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630

Good grief FF, do you really need to be so condescending? You really could start an argument in an empty room.

An undoped Vino who has been out of the sport for two years is clearly not going to be as good as 2006 Vino, but 5th in Emilia - ahead of Kolobnev, Cunego, Basso, Soler, Horner, and other quality riders - shows that he is obviously not ready to kick the bucket just yet.
  • LangerDan wrote:
    What about a drop down to ProConti? - would solve a lot of the funding issues. An added bonus for Lance is that as a Continental team, Astana wouldn't be automatically invited to the TdF and, hey presto, Contador stitched up for next July.

Speaking as an old school Astana 'fanboy', I think there is a lot to be said for Astana going ProConti next year. Maybe, it has all been too much too quickly, and I think that the Kazakh's are learning that throwing money at the team does not always help the cause.
    It may be good to scale down, get some good results and keep out of trouble. Challenge for the licence next year, by then they may have rightfully earned it (unlike some other teams :wink: ). If Bert is still with them, that is their best chance of a wildcard for the Tour. If not, there are other GTs.
  • BigSpecs
    BigSpecs Posts: 309
    iainf72 wrote:

:D NIce work big man. How's the arm?

Col.
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    If you follow pro cycling consistently.

Following it consistently goes for nothing about how knowledgeable you are. You are a perfect example of that
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • Moray Gub wrote:

Following it consistently goes for nothing about how knowledgeable you are. You are a perfect example of that

+1
    At Last. The backlash begins.....
    Let's close our eyes and see what happens
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    BigSpecs wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:

:D NIce work big man. How's the arm?

Col.

I'd describe him more as cuddly. And not at day over 40 ;)
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • Vino
    Vino Posts: 184
    Ave

Franch fighter is making fighting noise but is seely with support like blind man for Contador. Has many facts and statements but is not having credible face to speak them now.
    Also is should be remembering that is not the category of hill but speed it must be climbed and stage in race that is important.

The Claves say French Fighter more like French Fry and need seasoning to taste.

.Anyway i go now back to girls in Hareem. I think one might be you sister Frenchy
    Ave Calves
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Contador doesn't need a team to win the Tour de France. We saw this last July.

So he could ride with Astana and get a decent list of invitations to help his build up prior to July. Even if Astana didn't get a ride, ASO could make it clear they'd welcome him if he joined FDJ, Bouygues or the new Saur team for a month.
  • le_patron
    le_patron Posts: 494
    Moray Gub wrote:

+1
    At Last. The backlash begins.....

+2

Most of Frenchfighters's posts make me cringe.
  • frenchfighter
    Some of you should try and start threads or contribute something useful in existing threads rather than spending your time commenting on my comments.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • iainf72
    Some of you should try and start threads or contribute something useful in existing threads rather than spending your time commenting on my comments.

I don't think its your general posts FF, more the way you get a bit "you cad, pistols at dawn" when you feel slighted by someone. Discussions are 2 way things and if you hold a view point you must accept people will disagree, be prepared to be wrong from time to time too.
  • iainf72 wrote:
    I don't think its your general posts FF, more the way you get a bit "you cad, pistols at dawn" when you feel slighted by someone. Discussions are 2 way things and if you hold a view point you must accept people will disagree, be prepared to be wrong from time to time too.

When it comes to forum posting, few can keep an even keel, when things get heated.
    A few of the catagories.
    Some are overly cynical. (me)
    Some are failed humourists (me)
    Some are diliberately antagonistic.(...er...me again, sometimes :oops:)
    Some are apologists.
    Some are patronizing.
    There's even the odd closet troll.

Our character flaws, exposed by the power of the net.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • le_patron
    le_patron Posts: 494
    FF, I’d go into each subject with the following in mind :

- assume that there are people on here that are more knowledgeable than you (this is most important).
    - assume that some people on here have raced at a pretty high level
    - accept there is no black and white on many issues, and accept that people will disagree with you (doesn’t make them wrong)
    - be prepared to be corrected
    - approach it with a little more humility and humour, converse as you would do if discussing this stuff over a beer (not several beers) in a pub. I didn't do this with my post above - apologies.

But keep the enthusiasm up, because you are right, it is easy to sit on the sidelines sniping, tougher to put an opinion out there which will no doubt be shot down…but you have to expect that.

Alternatively, do what you want, who am I to tell anyone what to do...
  • frenchfighter
    I'll debate with anyone who is rational and avoids snidey and rude remarks. Otherwise you will get a response you wont like and if it continues then I will stop reading anything you write on any thread which means I'll never reply.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Vino
    I'll debate with anyone who is rational and avoids snidey and rude remarks. Otherwise you will get a response you wont like and if it continues then I will stop reading anything you write on any thread which means I'll never reply.

Is French Fry a ickle sensitive? Was it your sister?

She good

Ave
  • frenchfighter
    Thanks for the advice le patron but that is rather 'superior' of you to try and give it in such a way a mother would to her child or a teacher to a student. If you demonstrate common sense, rationality, knowlede and informed opinions then I may lsiten to you - otherwise give your fingers a rest. I make my own judgement on the opinion of members.

Oh and just for info, I would most likely leave 95% of members for dead on any climb, so don't think I am an armchair fan.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,481
    Oh and just for info, I would most likely leave 95% of members for dead on any climb, so don't think I am an armchair fan.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :roll:
  • Vino
    Thanks for the advice le patron but that is rather 'superior' of you to try and give it in such a way a mother would to her child or a teacher to a student. If you demonstrate common sense, rationality, knowlede and informed opinions then I may lsiten to you - otherwise give your fingers a rest. I make my own judgement on the opinion of members.

Right French Fry thats fighting talk. Time to unveil your self choose the hill, choose the time. Ill fire up the calves. Not too much though Im sure it wont be necescarry.

AVE
  • iainf72

You'd definatel leave me for dead on any climb. However I know more about pro cycling than you do.

How does that work?