Grrr feeling a bit ripped off, but WMB made me feel better!

13»

Comments

• Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    RockingDad wrote:
    well all we need to remember when we get to the till anywhere is that they legally have to sell the product for the price it is advertised at. So if it's advertised on the shelf for less than the till brings it up for..tough! they have to sell it for that.

Completely wrong, sorry, price tags are an invitation to treat only and not binding.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Northwind

Thats me corrected then :lol:
    2010 Carrera Fury
    1992 Raleigh Equipe
  • piker
    piker Posts: 353
    RockingDad what group test did the fury win and was it the 09 version,ive also got an 09 fury and wouldnt mind reading that.When i asked for advise about the fury i was told to go for the 08 as the 09 wasnt as good but i am made up with mine.Took it round the red/black at llandegla and it handled it very well.Only thing i want to change at the moment is the front tyre,i can cope with the back sliding out a bit and quite like it but when the front goes it gets a bit frightening.
  • Northwind
    It's in the current WMB. 08 model WAS better :lol: But there's nothing wrong with the new one, still ace.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • piker wrote:
    RockingDad what group test did the fury win and was it the 09 version,ive also got an 09 fury and wouldnt mind reading that.When i asked for advise about the fury i was told to go for the 08 as the 09 wasnt as good but i am made up with mine.Took it round the red/black at llandegla and it handled it very well.Only thing i want to change at the moment is the front tyre,i can cope with the back sliding out a bit and quite like it but when the front goes it gets a bit frightening.

the 09 and It won the £500+ test. People have said to me the 08 was better due to the rockshox fork etc but I think the 09 is brilliant and I like the Epicon fine enough. (and on Suntours website it give you video instruction on service, disassembly and all sorts. It's a pretty informative test and as I prefer a stiff frame it's ideal for me. Anyway I didn't like the grey of the old frame (mind you the white will be a challenge with cleaning).

I haven't used Speed Kings before but haven't had any issues yet but then I haven't used the bike on a decent technical trail or anything like it. Although I know what you mean about the rear but find it's easy to slide the rear around a bit.

How did it cope with jumps or drop offs if you did them? Also I've got most of the technical manuals for the mechs, brakes, crank, etc so if you want i'll email em over, pm me.

RockingDad
    2010 Carrera Fury
    1992 Raleigh Equipe
  • piker
    piker Posts: 353
    I really enjoyed llandegla my first proper trail centre ride and did alot of the jumps on the black,no big drops really.I felt a bit undergunned when getting ready in the car park with all the 1500-3000 grand bikes riding past but when out on the trail i wasnt holding anyone up and was very impressed with the bike and fork. The front tyre issue may be down to pressure and has only happened a couple of times but it makes the heart beat when it happens.
    Thanks for the offer of technical manuals i'll pm my e-mail thanks.
  • colintrav
    colintrav Posts: 1,074
    Most seem to forget ...

Outwith those that ride bikes ,, how many people know where to get a cheaper price without having to rely on the Internet ???

Halfords is a name known to the masses and handy for those that can't be arsed going elsewhere ....
  • Alrite mate,
    we all experience these things, its the way of it, but welcome to your new ride. Get out there and just enjoy it all the way mate.

Heres hpin you have sweet rides and cold beers!

Ratty
  • KonaMike
    KonaMike Posts: 805
    I bought the 07 Fury a few years back after reading the review in WMB:

http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/ ... /fury-9876

I found the service in Halfords was pretty good and I got the bike for £430 with £50 worth of kit thrown in !!
    I had heard about issues with Halfords built bikes so I took it away in the box and built it myself,then got my LBS to check it over for me.

No point in missing out on a bargain bike with top reviews just because its an own brand bike thats is a bit less showy than a top brand machine ! I have had it for 2 years and given it some winter abuse at Cwmcarn with no major hassle.

Dont worry ! The Fury has always been and still is a great entry level XC bike !!
  • KonaKurt
    KonaKurt Posts: 720
    As much as I generally hate Halfords stores, I have to admit that like many retailers, eaach branch varies widely in terms of the service, the people and the level of care they have for their customers.

And even I must admit that their Fury is an outstanding machine for the money.

Life is too short to quibble on small details... just get out there into the big wide world and enjoy RIDING!

:o)

KK.
  • halfords are fine, for bikes they are getting better, when i got my first mtb... ahh in the good old days, parents said get that appollo??? WTF stupidest bunch of rubbish ever made.

but they sell Kona's now, so surely something is improving?
  • Northwind
    Well, the Konas they sell mostly aren't worth buying, far too expensive for what you get. Sometimes wonder if that's intentional, just to add a bit of respectability while also making the Boardmans and Carreras look better :lol:
    Uncompromising extremist