Neo-Guards...

2»

Comments

• scotto wrote:

That's not neater it's just cheaper :-)

I have the neo evil eyes, looks good, love it and works well, not overly expensive IMO, these things have to be developed and patented etc, not as easy as you may think.

I disagree, mine's far neater, doesn't have big loops holding it on and is actually the Evo 5 version, so I know about development :wink:
  • ive gone for the cheapo innertube option too! couldnt justify £15 on what costs pence to make! (especially the ghetto version when a tubes less than £2 in tesco!)
    i have extended mine up over the fork crown and onto the bottom of the steerer to keep anything out of the headset area, personally, not bothered what it looks like! it does the job i want it to!
    Timmo.
    After all, I am Cornish!
    http://cornwallmtb.kk5.org/
    Cotic Soul, The bike of Legends!:wink: Yes, I Am a bike tart!
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... 1#16297481
  • I refitted mine a few weeks back- works well for me- not as much much shite in my eyes!

And as said glasses don't help that much in muddy conditions- they just get covered in crud, then you wipe the them and the crud scrathes them :roll:
    08 Pitch Pro
    14 Kona Unit
    Kona Kula SS
    Trailstar SS
    94 Univega Alpina 5.3
  • myopic
    myopic Posts: 692
    edited October 2009
    I had bought one of the Neo-Gards for winter, but hadn't used it yet when I read BigBenj's post. Tried it out today and think I know why under some circumstances it might appear not to work!

First of all, I didn't get the mud spots from riding into the crap flying ahead off the front wheel, BUTat certain speedds and conditions, some mud and spray comes straight up and does get you if you don't have a crud catcher on the down tube, or a tyre that is wider than the down tube.
    You don't need eyes to see, you need vision
  • I have to say that mine has been a godsend.
    It was wet and muddy last time I rode and my goggles were noticeably cleaner than either of the two guys I was with, both of whom ride without one.

Thumbs up from me.
  • grumsta
    grumsta Posts: 994
    I've sworn by them before for their performance, but I am somewhat worried about the flinging dirt onto the stanchions thing - my Pikes have really badly worn stanchions around the area where the neoguard flicks mud at them.