Mountain Bikers Anonymous....

Graydawg
Graydawg Posts: 673
edited October 2009 in MTB general
My Name is Graydawg and I haven't been proper Mountain Biking Since July.......

:shock:
It's been a while...

Comments

• MacAndCheese
    MacAndCheese Posts: 1,944
    Hi My name is mac and have a problem. I can't stop buying bikes and bike parts. I'm sure if I don't stop soon the Ocean Finance adverts will become less annoying and more attractive...
    Santa Cruz Chameleon
    Orange Alpine 160
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    hi, i'm jay and i desperetly need a new bike. Orange crush next year here i come :D
  • Hello my name is Lee, I'm beginning to only ride my bike so I can spend two hours cleaning it afterwards.

I phoned in sick today so I could spend the day cleaning it.
  • XxxBFGxxX
    XxxBFGxxX Posts: 1,355
    hi my neame is geordie i have green hair. i to have a problmen i cant stop spending on bike bits my wages for the next ten years are mapped out and spent.
  • deffler
    deffler Posts: 829
    My name is Graeme, my 2009 golf membership cost me £650 and Ive only had 3 rounds this year even though Ive had 3 weeks of made up sickness and 5 weeks holiday
    Boardman Hybrid Pro

Planet X XLS
  • Hi...
    This week i've managed to only try and order 3 frames and 1 bike... an improvement on last week (no i'm seriously not joking).

Thanks for listening :)
  • Hi my name is earl,i have a problem there are loads of bike bits i want but can,t afford :cry:
    considering renting out the missus per hour and floggin the kids on fleabay.

deffler i want your job, 5 weeks holiday bargain!
    GENESIS CORE 20
  • fitch28
    fitch28 Posts: 155
    my name is kathleen and i haven't been on my bike in a week and a half... :oops:

but i shall be well on the road to recovery this weekend with GT on sat and then a trip somewhere on sun to take my aunt and her friend out to try their spiffy new bikes :D
  • Clum84
    Clum84 Posts: 196
    Hi i'm Callum and i spend more time looking at my mountain bike than i do my girlfriend.
    This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit
  • Hercule Q
    Hercule Q Posts: 2,781
    hi my names hercule and i cant stop tinkering to the point of perfection and then its still not right

pinkbike
    Blurring the line between bravery and stupidity since 1986!
  • Hi, I'm Joe,
    Today at work I spent half an hour explaining to my female work colleague what the differences between XC and Freeride were. She said she understood, but I know she was just humouring me.

On the plus side, my new Finnish Army surplus respirator arrived! Yay! :P

08102009473.jpg
  • P-Jay
    P-Jay Posts: 1,478
    My name is PJ and I should have been out on my XC bike riding boring flat farmer tracks for physio but the weather was unseasonably nice so I did 135mph on my CBR instead.

I have one too many 2 wheeled hobbies and one has to go....
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Welcome.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • P-Jay wrote:
    My name is PJ and I should have been out on my XC bike riding boring flat farmer tracks for physio but the weather was unseasonably nice so I did 135mph on my CBR instead.

. . . on a private road, officer :wink:
  • P-Jay
    P-Jay Posts: 1,478
    P-Jay wrote:

. . . on a private road, officer :wink:

Nah, t'was between jnc 33 and 32 of the M4 ha ha.

I was late for a meeting, then suddenly very early.
  • fatwomble
    fatwomble Posts: 117
    Hi, I'm Mark

I think I am recovering, I have got my habit down from 10 bikes to only 4 :D
  • wrx
    wrx Posts: 27
    My name is Martyn,

My ribs still hurt - dying to go out - know I shouldn't.

Bah!
  • Andy
    Andy Posts: 8,207
    Hi I'm Andy and I'm an incurable tart :oops:
  • my name is jon.........and i still have an attraction to purple anodised stuff thats lasted from the 90's.............. :oops:
    Falcon Sierra - 80's
    Muddy Fox Courier - 80's
    GT Palomar 90's
    GT Zaskar LE - 90's
    Cannondale k v 900 90's
    Santa Cruz Bullit - now
    Orange Evo 8 STOLEN 26/09/10
    Orange P7 Pro
    Lots of kites.
  • jonnyc2420 wrote:
    my name is jon.........and i still have an attraction to purple anodised stuff thats lasted from the 90's.............. :oops:

I have some bar ends you can have then!
    See the Scott Montego below.
  • sirlylos
    sirlylos Posts: 234
    stickygreen, is that Kurt Cobain in the avatar?
    1993 - Ridgeback 301 G3
    1995 - Ridgeback 601 GS
    1997 - Specialized Hardrock
    2003 - Specialized FSR XC
    2008 - Specialized Epic FSR Comp
    2009 - Giant Defy 3
    2010 - Voodoo Wanga
    2012 - Cannondale Supersix 105
  • Chalky76
    Chalky76 Posts: 260
    Hi my name is Chalky,

My two biggest issues are drinking too much Stella and forever pondering my next bike purchase
    ride your bike like a kid whilst you still can

Transition Blindside = http://www.flickr.com/photos/traceychalk/5335403095/
  • llamafarmer
    llamafarmer Posts: 1,893
    Hi my name's Rich and the voices in my head told me to buy it.
  • bomberesque
    bomberesque Posts: 1,701
    Hi my name s james. I am unable to let any of my old bikes go.

The reason for this is the last time I gave one away to my brother he took it to an LBS for a service and didn't like the price so left it there. It was a 500 quid R531 Nigel Dean Nevada. google it; you won't find it. They were that rare (although this is possibly because they were massively overweight for a fully rigid and had quite ridiculously twitchy handling, typically from a roadie manufacturer, I guess).

That was 1993. I have every bike that I've owned since then (well, since 91 truth be told) and currently posses 3 bikes that have not been ridden for at least a year (actually probably 2) and 3 more that I do use regularly.

As therapy, Mrs B has insisted that I get rid of 3 bikes before I get another one (capping the total at 4). I may hire a garage on the QT so I can store them rather than get rid of them completely, so consumed am I
    Everything in moderation ... except beer
    Beer in moderation ... is a waste of beer

If riding an XC race bike is like touching the trail,
    then riding a rigid singlespeed is like licking it
    ... or being punched by it, depending on the day
  • Hi, I'm Joe,
    Today at work I spent half an hour explaining to my female work colleague what the differences between XC and Freeride were. She said she understood, but I know she was just humouring me.

On the plus side, my new Finnish Army surplus respirator arrived! Yay! :P

08102009473.jpg

Why do you have a Finnish army surplus respirator? Are you a gimp?
  • hi my name is dean and i have a addiction i have four bikes and am allways looking for more my wife says if i spend any more money on bikes or bits before kitchen is finshed (started it about 18 month ago) she will divorce me so i have a hard choice new bike or new wife :lol:
    if i had my time again would i take the time to make the right choices

naa thats no fun
  • Chalky76
    Chalky76 Posts: 260
    that's not a hard choice, those new wheels will be much less hassle
    ride your bike like a kid whilst you still can

Transition Blindside = http://www.flickr.com/photos/traceychalk/5335403095/
  • Soul Boy
    Soul Boy Posts: 359
    Hello my name is John, I am a mountain biker.

I only have one bike, it does it all, but I know I should have more. :cry:
  • joshtp
    joshtp Posts: 3,966
    Hi, my names josh, i have a problem, im completely adicted to bikes. i am on the verge of spending money on a on-one 456, if i had money i would have already. i always feel i need more bikes,um, i cant help but ride the ones i do have. i havent cleaned my bike in a month, uhhhhhh.....
    I like bikes and stuff
  • x-isle
    x-isle Posts: 794
    My name is Craig and I spend for too much time on the Internet and not enough time on the Bike.
    Craig Rogers