CRC... a bunch of...

The Northern Monkey
The Northern Monkey Posts: 19,174
edited October 2009 in MTB general
@~*%ers.

How frigging hard is it to send some tyres.

I ordered a 2.35 supertack front which I got...
The other tyre was supposed to be a 2.35 60a rear tyre... I actually got a 2.5 front tyre.FFS.

Theinvoice has even been signed by some numpty "ES" so unless they can't read there is NO EXCUSE.

Now i've gotta go out of my way to post this back and wait for them to send me another tyre which i'm now not going to have for my ride at the weekend.

Bloody fuming.

Comments

• GHill
    GHill Posts: 2,402
    Meh, the perils of mail order.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Ask them to collect them from you via courier. Their mistake!
  • Might also helpd if you verify your order just to be sure. I did this once and found I have ordered the wrong item by mistake... you never know ;-)
    2010 Lynskey R230
    2013 Yeti SB66
  • supersonic wrote:
    Ask them to collect them from you via courier. Their mistake!
    Tis what I hope to do.. thing is... I can get it to the PO by lunch. BUT, with their returns scheme they won't send another until they've received the returned item.

You can order the item again, send the one i've got back and then be refunded but I don't have the funds to pay for another tyre, bank is maxxxxxxxed :lol:
  • 100% sure i ordered the correct item... it says so on the invoice!
  • Dumbasses then, PFI on the shop that day :-)
    2010 Lynskey R230
    2013 Yeti SB66
  • asdfhjkl
    asdfhjkl Posts: 333
    Also frustrating when you buy something which is listed as being in stock, only to later be told that there'll be a delay while they wait for more stock. But their prices are good and delivery fast so it's not all bad :)
  • Broonster
    Broonster Posts: 440
    edited October 2009
    You have to weigh up the pros & cons I guess. You could go down to your LBS to get a piece of kit, but you just know you can get it much cheaper at the likes of CRC. I've never had any issues with CRC (touch wood!), but I'd imagine they can make mistakes, just as much as your local LBS can.
    Winter: Moda Nocturne
    Road: Cervelo R3
    'Cross: Ridley X-Night
    Commuter: Genesis Day One
  • swampi101
    swampi101 Posts: 210
    wow im suprised by that, CRC has been great to me! very helpful when i email them too. one off? or have other people had the same sort of thing? :?
  • I think its more the fact that somone has signed the invoice twice to say that both tyres have been picked accordingly.... I noticed there was something wrong before I even got the tyres out the pack, same treds on both for a start!
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    People make mistakes.

However it does annoy me when they advertise stuff that is discontinued - the BeOne Aspire 1.0 2008 has been as a main graphic for ages now.
  • dave_hill
    dave_hill Posts: 3,877
    supersonic wrote:
    People make mistakes.

They do, but it seems that CRC always feck Ben's orders up. Personally, I must have spent thousands with CRC over the past 4 years and they've never once let me down. In fact it's rare that I get my kit anywhere else now.
    Give a home to a retired Greyhound. Tia Greyhound Rescue
    Help for Heroes
    JayPic
  • tjwood
    tjwood Posts: 328
    Have found their service very good. They sent me a pair of gloves that had two right hands! Annoying but I almost certainly a genuine mistake. At their request I returned them and they sent me a new pair. Without needing to ask at all they refunded me £2 to cover the return postage, which only cost me about 80p. Couldn't have asked for any better service really.
  • stevet1992
    stevet1992 Posts: 1,502
    tjwood wrote:
    Have found their service very good. They sent me a pair of gloves that had two right hands! Annoying but I almost certainly a genuine mistake. At their request I returned them and they sent me a new pair. Without needing to ask at all they refunded me £2 to cover the return postage, which only cost me about 80p. Couldn't have asked for any better service really.

+1 ... But mine was with SRAM powerlinks sent out 9sp instead of 8spd :lol: Sent it back to them using a second class stamp and they refunded me £2 :D
    On-One 456 Sainsburys Season

Calling All SouthEastern Riders
  • fatwomble
    fatwomble Posts: 117
    Never had problems with them myself, bought loads from them.

I suppose they are bound to get it wrong occasionally given the amount they must sell.
  • abductee
    abductee Posts: 189
    +2 for what pjwood wrote.

The thing is you have to trust them. If you order the correct tyre again and then send the wrong one back requesting a refund on the tyre and postage you will get a quick turn around. If you wait to get them money back before you re-order or send the wrong one back asking for a replacement then you will have a bit of a wait whilst they process the return.

What bugs me is that thy don't tell you what they are doing about the return and the first you find out is when the credit appears on your card statement a month later.
  • dave_hill wrote:
    supersonic wrote:
    People make mistakes.

They do, but it seems that CRC always feck Ben's orders up. Personally, I must have spent thousands with CRC over the past 4 years and they've never once let me down. In fact it's rare that I get my kit anywhere else now.
    Too true. I don't think i've had 1 simple order with them yet.
    Yea they're cheap and year their customer service is bloody excellent.... but its getting a bit annoying now.

Just noticed as well... its not even a single ply tyre... they couldn't have got this more wrong if they tried!
    Wrong size, wrong end of the bike, wrong compound + wrong thickness... surely they could have got one right by accident!
  • djames77
    djames77 Posts: 164
    I'm not entirley sure why people go through mail order - unless they are selling something they don't sell in your lbs

I have 3 lbs's near me and a halfords, all will price matc when asked. I have been in shops all over the country to buy goods, not just cycle shops and can get price match or price beat deals
  • Sir HC
    Sir HC Posts: 20,148
    Its more convenience and a lot of the time the shop simply doesn't have it in stock. I asked my LBS to order some parts a couple of months ago, still havent heard back from them. I know the supplier has them in stock and the LBS' wonder why they are losing customers!

Merlin cycles, UK Bike Store, Descent Gear get my vote, much more reliable than CRC and delivery is as it says.
    Intense Socom
    Inbred
  • dave_hill wrote:

+1
    I've used CRC almost constantly since early 2005, and bar one occasion they have been flawless, cheap and fast.
    On the one occasion that they did f*ck up, a quick phone call and a chat got me an apology and £80 in vouchers. They continue to be my default choice for sourcing . . . well, anything really.
  • myopic
    myopic Posts: 692
    bigbenj_08 wrote:
    @~*%ers.

The other tyre was supposed to be a 2.35 60a rear tyre... I actually got a 2.5 front tyre.FFS.

Theinvoice has even been signed by some numpty "ES" so unless they can't read there is NO EXCUSE.

Now i've gotta go out of my way to post this back and wait for them to send me another tyre which i'm now not going to have for my ride at the weekend.

Bloody fuming.

I ordered exact same combo last Friday -arrived on Tuesday, also signed by ES - he got mine right!
    You don't need eyes to see, you need vision
  • heez29
    heez29 Posts: 612
    myopic wrote:
    bigbenj_08 wrote:
    @~*%ers.

Bloody fuming.

I ordered exact same combo last Friday -arrived on Tuesday, also signed by ES - he got mine right!
    Haha, win!
  • dave_hill wrote:

+1
    I've used CRC almost constantly since early 2005, and bar one occasion they have been flawless, cheap and fast.
    On the one occasion that they did f*ck up, a quick phone call and a chat got me an apology and £80 in vouchers. They continue to be my default choice for sourcing . . . well, anything really.

Likewise. Always had superb service. I'd blame it on bad luck rather than a lack of quality at CRC. Anyone can mess up!
  • dave_hill
    dave_hill Posts: 3,877
    djames77 wrote:
    I'm not entirley sure why people go through mail order - unless they are selling something they don't sell in your lbs

Because it's simple, cheap, convenient and reliable. And you don't have to spend half an hour explaining to some spotty 17-year-old numpty what you want when it's completely obvious they haven't a clue what you're on about. Either that or having to listen to some self-important twonk trying to sell you something you don't want and/or need.

I hardly ever use "real" shops for anything any more. I don't even go Christmas shopping anymore, just get it all delivered!
    Give a home to a retired Greyhound. Tia Greyhound Rescue
    Help for Heroes
    JayPic
  • +1 . . . again!

Amazon will even gift wrap stuff for you for an extra quid!
    Job done.
  • MrChuck
    MrChuck Posts: 1,663
    dave_hill wrote:
    djames77 wrote:

Because it's simple, cheap, convenient and reliable.

+1 All the things that, far too frequently, LBSs are not.
  • sampras38
    sampras38 Posts: 1,917
    Sounds like you've just been unlucky..

Last week I order a pair of 700/23 krylion carbon's from CRC and they arrived very quickly, and everything else I've ordered from them over the years have been fine.
  • crc have only messed up 1 order but it was bith items

i ordered a l oakley celtic sword hoodie and a air of skate shoes in 10

a xs black thor jumper turned up and a pair of spd's
  • mea00csf
    mea00csf Posts: 558
    Always had top service from CRC.

I've also in the past, when i've had messed up orders, scanned in a proof of postage and emailed to the shop. The shop agreed to then send out the replacement same day before recieving the incorrect item back. I don't think it was CRC but it's often worth asking if your in a rush for the stuff, particularly if it isn't an expensive part
  • mea00csf wrote:
    Always had top service from CRC.

I've also in the past, when i've had messed up orders, scanned in a proof of postage and emailed to the shop. The shop agreed to then send out the replacement same day before recieving the incorrect item back. I don't think it was CRC but it's often worth asking if your in a rush for the stuff, particularly if it isn't an expensive part

I asked for that but they said no :(

Looks like i'll have to send it back tomorrow and use an old tyre on my rear this weekend.... sucks anus!