Knee pads on 'average terrain'....do you wear them ?

2»

Comments

• Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    bails87 wrote:
    partly because if I'm going to fall off a destroy a knee I'd rather it wasn't in the pitch dark!

Nah, that's the best time, if you can see it you'll get upset :lol:
    Uncompromising extremist
  • pte1643
    pte1643 Posts: 518
    Interesting thread.

I don't have any pads, but have been toying with the idea for a while.

I'm no spring chicken either, and seeing as older bones take longer to heal it's probably not a bad idea.

Got knees and shins that look like a 10yr old school kids at the moment.
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Northwind wrote:
    bails87 wrote:
    partly because if I'm going to fall off a destroy a knee I'd rather it wasn't in the pitch dark!

Nah, that's the best time, if you can see it you'll get upset :lol:

Hehe, good point, but the ambulance crew might prefer trying to find me in the daylight :P
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • pte1643
    bails87 wrote:
    Hehe, good point, but the ambulance crew might prefer trying to find me in the daylight :P

GPS old boy, GPS... 10 figure grid reference... Job's a good 'un. :wink:
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    "I'm in a ditch under a tree. Near that squiggly bit on the blue run where Nigel broke his glasses. You know where I mean."
    Uncompromising extremist
  • pte1643
    Northwind wrote:
    "I'm in a ditch under a tree. Near that squiggly bit on the blue run where Nigel broke his glasses. You know where I mean."

:lol:

99% of Paramedics wouldn't even be able to find the forest, let alone the tree where Nigel broke his specs.

Mind you, I'm assuming they'll be able to decypher a 10 figure OS grid reference. Which is actually asking a lot too. :(:lol:
  • konanige
    konanige Posts: 115
    I always wear 661 Kyle Straits for all my local rides and Raceface pads at trail centres, one of which has got a nice hole in it from when I stalled on a climb at Cwmcarn and stuffed my knee into a pointy rock cos I couldn't unclip in time. I would have said goodbye to my knee without them, and no knees means no fun!!

They wont let me breed on account of my bad temperament.