Am I training too hard, or not hard enough??

2»

Comments

• Gav888
    Gav888 Posts: 946
    wheeler585 wrote:
    Just a thought, but if your just doing this for general fitness and to compete in sportives for next yr, is there any point doing these hard intervals so early, if at all!!??

Wouldnt you be best to get yourself a good pair of lights and get some base miles in the week at night say 30-40 miles a night, then go out with a club/racing club and do some long tempo rides both sat and sun???

Im doing this as a sport / fitness thing, I would love to do some racing in the future, even next year if im quick enough, but sportives and group rides and keep me busy until im quick enough for racing. I do get out on the bike during the week when I can, otherwise im training indoors when the weather is bad. But with only 6 or 7 hours a week training doing 30 - 40 miles a night and long rides on the weekend is alot of time which I sadly dont have.

If I was single, had a less demanding job and no daughter demanding all my time then I would happily train most days :)

The intervals are to help increase my speed so I can keep up on group rides, quality not quantity as alot of people refer to, plus I hate being last and holding the faster guys up.... I cannot wait for the day when I am quick enough to hold pace with them.
    Cycling never gets any easier, you just go faster - Greg LeMond