Autumn Goals

Russell Smith
Russell Smith Posts: 229
So what are peeps goals for the Autumn, and early winter (Yuk), aqlthough this week feels like Spring.

Comments

• guv001
    guv001 Posts: 688
    I just going hard till my legs pack in then I'll start going slow....
  • sloxam
    sloxam Posts: 861
    i need to train for this http://www.madmarchharesportive.co.uk/enter.php
    i currently ride about 200 miles a month, and have never ridden more than 50 miles. its all to support this http://www.justgiving.com/steven-loxam/ but time is precious due to work and family and i need to up my mileage by 50% per month to get there.
    i tend to do 20-25 mile rides at the weekend and a couple of 12 mile blasts in the week.
    i can fit in more of the 12 milers (when the kids are in bed) to increase the total mileage.
    what i would like to know is should i do the full distance before the ride and if so how close to the ride should i do it?
    i hate hills (cos i'm fat)

www.justgiving.com/steven-loxam/
  • nolf
    nolf Posts: 1,287
    Doing some long hard miles before winter sets in.
    Getting in loads of 100k rides before it gets too cold.

Then once winter sets in preparoing for next seasons racing, so starting doing intervals and lactate threshold workouts.
    "I hold it true, what'er befall;
    I feel it, when I sorrow most;
    'Tis better to have loved and lost;
    Than never to have loved at all."

Alfred Tennyson
  • Living in Brunei at the minute, but am off on www.cyclechallenge.com in November and can't wait! Looking forward to cycling in some inclement weather hopefully...
    JM
  • Edwin
    Edwin Posts: 785
    I don't really have any goals on the bike for the autumn, it's all about next season now. Having said that, there's a few things I can think of:

1. Avoid illness
    2. Avoid overtraining during the off-season
    3. Avoid gaining any more weight
    4. Formulate a proper training plan instead of just riding as much as possible
    5. Investigate getting a powermeter

Number 5 depends on finances, and number 4 could also involve spending more money in the form of coaching. What I seriously have to consider is whether I carry on with the equipment and methods I currently use, and hope for better results next season, or change the way I train and spend even more money on a powermeter and turbotrainer etc. On one hand I'm tempted to cut my losses, then again I want to do everything possible to avoid taking a kicking every weekend next year. Decisions.....
  • Coming off my 3 week break on saturday, so winter training starts then.

Want to get back to 70KG before I start racing again in march (3kg down on this years racing weight)

Want to hit the gym in a proper, structured manner as part of my training

Want to have the best winter i've ever had!
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    To get some semblance of riding ability back. I am so weak at the moment!
  • jacster
    jacster Posts: 177
    Targeting Etape du Dales next year.
    Plan at the moment is one long hilly ride, one shorter slightly quicker ride and two weights sessions a week until January.
  • Edwin
    Edwin Posts: 785
    Maybe slightly OT but a few people have mentioned the gym - I did a weights session once or twice a week last winter, and I don't think it helped. I'm sure many will disagree, but fitness is generally more important than strength for cycling.
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Trying to lose 2 stone and make the Paralympic squad.
  • FCE2007
    FCE2007 Posts: 925
    To simply get back on the bike(s).
    I have lost my mojo :oops:
    Powered by Haribo. Zwift convert P.aul Laws [x]
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    FCE2007 wrote:
    To simply get back on the bike(s).
    I have lost my mojo :oops:

Shall we start a 'no-mojo club'?
  • FCE2007