If you start ahead of Fabian Cancellara

2»

Comments

• andyrr wrote:
    I think, but stand to be corrected, that it is not only illegal to draft but it is illegal to 'take pace'

Hi andy.

If it was run under CTT rules then it would have been illegal to take pace, but then tehy would have started 10 minutes apart on a 'mark'...

Cheers, Andy

pps They would also have had a ski-slope start, and spent the entire race drafting Eddie Stobbart lorries on a dual carriageway...
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    claudb wrote:
    He was caught for a minute at Km16 by Cancellara and lost only another 37 Seconds in the next 32 Km's. Does that not suggest he got a BIG advantage (OK he did have to be strong enough to hold on). I'm surprised that no-one has mentioned that they are SaxoBank teammates too !!!!

Yeah and Zirbel was slower than someone at the first check and much faster at the second. All without Cancellera being involved.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • csp
    csp Posts: 777
    McCann was drafting a lot behind the camera bike, at one point the race director's car warned the bike to move further ahead. I think the rules should be more strict as the advantage the riders gain from drafting is much more than they would gain by any doping technique.
  • Not sure if this was mentioned before (haven't got time to read all the previous posts :D ) but didn't Larsson get a "telling off" by the commisaires for not moving to the side after Ab Fab passed him?
    There is never redemption, any fool can regret yesterday...

Be Pure! Be Vigilant! Behave!
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,914
    SBezza wrote:
    [I tend to disagree that larssen got much of a real tow off fabian

of all the riders gaining a real benefit of being paced by his minute man wiggo benefited the most! (until his bike broke)

You are joking aren't you, the effects of drafting in a TT are massive. Wiggo never caught his minute man so had no advantage, Tony Martin was up on all of the splits to Wiggo , Wiggo was just narrowing down those splits towards the end, and probably would have overhauled Martin by the finish, though we will never know that now.

minute man BEHIND

the way I see it neither larsson nor wiggo gained any drafting effect but tony martins place on the podium came under threat because wiggo was paced by both..

up until he was caught he was not in the running
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • better solution send fc off first
    :lol::lol::lol::lol:
    "you tried your best and failed miserably. the lesson is never to try"
  • i may get some slack for this, but in the world championships you would expect that you could set riders off at minute intervals and most not get caught, cancellara is just a legend, on the note of drafting csp i am pretty sure had larrson doped he would have gained a bigger advantage than had he taken pace of fc